• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.5 Update File is apparently up on update servers

Nymphae

Banned
Does anyone know if they going to be putting the 1.50 update up earlier than the 15th, so people can actually get it on a USB drive early? The blog really doesn't shed any light on when it will be available.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone know if they going to be putting the 1.50 update up earlier than the 15th, so people can actually get it on a USB drive early? The blog really doesn't shed any light on when it will be available.
I can't imagine them waiting till the last second before releasing it. They need it up beforehand so midnight buyers from the east coast can download it as soon as they plug in the console. It'll probably be out early next week and if not then the 14th should be the very latest we can expect it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone know if we'll need the Recovery Tool on day 1 if we swap out the drive before using the console?
I'd lean towards yes. The way they handled firmware on post-launch PS3 units was basic boot info on the small onboard flash and everything else was dumped onto the hard drive. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same with the PS4 and the 900MB Recovery File is what you'll need to do a full OS install in a new drive.

Top Bottom