• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

Cudder

i think sony needs to employ more people in software update department or something, i have xperia z1 compact and i still havnt got android kitkat update, wtf is wrong with them
and regarding the ps4 seriously how much time does it really take to include dynamic themes? how hard is it
Dynamic themes should be last on the long list of things that need to be implemented in PS4's UI.

kuYuri

Since many people ask about it:

mK8zWD0.png

Better answer than a straight denial I suppose.

So in the video it showed the edited video in their What's New feed. Does this mean my friends can just see my videos in their feeds too? Or do you still have to clutter your facebook with this shit?

Dynamic themes should be last on the long list of things that need to be implemented in PS4's UI.
i know but come on, its basic stuff. i could prob create a dynamic theme for it in 10min its not really that hard. just wondering why it takes so long for them. im more pissed about the phone

Since many people ask about it:

Better answer than a straight denial I suppose.

why does this matter though? they should offer the option, xbl been doing that since the last decade. come on sony. i really think their network infrastructure is dated and modernising it work require a lot of work so they cant be bothered.

Lady Gaia

Yeah, this struck me as odd. What's the point in making it something you need to turn off? Increase the number of people contacting your support channels?

As others have hinted, the problem lies with content that does require HDCP. There are two options:

a) Keep HDCP on all the time (the default)
b) Turn HDCP off when possible, and switch it only when required such as when playing BluRay content (the new option)

The problem with the new option is that receivers and televisions can't gracefully switch from one mode to another. Chances are you'll get a few seconds with no signal every time you switch, which is why it isn't preferable to the default for most people.

Once you’re done with your masterpiece, you can easily share your SHAREfactory videos to Facebook, or export them to an external USB storage device to upload them elsewhere, another new feature coming as part of the 1.70 system software update.
This is a little vague to me. It implies we can take files off after SHAREfactory editing, but doesn't say anything about before.

EktorPR

Everything sounds great except the actual "sharing" part...

I mean, I don't want to only post to Facebook. I'd love to see YouTube in there as part of the sharing options.

Very nice, hopefully soon is next week. SHAREfactory actually seems to be a pretty big application, so I can sort of see why it's taken so long but I'm still impatient Sony.

Happy about (what seems to be) the screenshot and shared video application too, it's pot luck when I want to find a screenshot, I can never fully remember where they live haha

Cubed

Sony is so epic. This update is going to be a home run. This is the update that will also let us dim the LED light on the controller, yes?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I hope this update lets us change the background color.
Also, I hope it's not coming next week.
Tidux says it's next week =/ He was right about the announcement...
You know what would make me pre-order more? Not having to waste a day off waiting for a game to come out sometime between 1-5pm or whenever the hell they feel like releasing it.
I think all pre-orderable games have released at "midnight".
You know what would make people preorder more? If you get the game a few days before official release.
And upset retailers? =/
Is preloading something that will be for EVERY digital title, or just select titles?
Every digital title that can be pre-ordered I would assume.
how much time does it really take to include dynamic themes? how hard is it
Extremely.

I hope there's a manual option for pre-loading.This automatic version sounds great but I have a feeling it'll be a no go for me similar to how patches rarely download in standby.

Iacobellis

Did we ever get curated purchases on PSN? I remember at the PlayStation Meeting that the new Store would be able to recommend (and even download) new content based on previous downloads.

rjcc

So, based off a high-level overview, how does SHAREfactory look feature-wise compared to Upload Studio?

the music bit seems to go beyond upload studio, and being able to offload your clips via USB is nice. Xbox One can upload directly to YouTube tho (right? I was looking for this the other day and couldn't figure out how) so I guess kind of a push?

I've gotta get a look at XB1 clips post-patch to see the video quality, and the new 720p PS4 captures.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Everything sounds great except the actual "sharing" part...

I mean, I don't want to only post to Facebook. I'd love to see YouTube in there as part of the sharing options.

Wouldn't you be able to do that after you import the file to USB?

Vire

We still can't change the color of the background of the dash? Christ, how hard would that be to implement?

Top Bottom