• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Still waiting on Pause/resume and DLNA

Don't forget the helping your friend over PSN thing, MP3 support, personal video playback, better Blu Ray support, etc. At least give me the stuff that was available on PS3, and we'll work on the extra :(

Pretty good update and that share factory looks legit. I just hope they increase the quality of the videos. And let people add audio commentary without video.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Don't forget the helping your friend over PSN thing, MP3 support, personal video playback, better Blu Ray support, etc. At least give me the stuff that was available on PS3, and we'll work on the extra :(

This already exists in some games.

I'm pretty sure the helping your friend over psn thing is already available, it's just a matter of devs allowing it.

Edit: Apparently I'm wrong!

Coolade

So at this point should I just sell my elgato? I noticed some people in an older thread when this feature was still announced saying they still planned on using theirs, but if this sharefactory meets every need, it seems pointless to keep it.

So at this point should I just sell my elgato? I noticed some people in an older thread when this feature was still announced saying they still planned on using theirs, but if this sharefactory meets every need, it seems pointless to keep it.

I'm grateful I don't have to bother moving my PS4 now. I'll keep the Elgato hooked to the PS3 for now.

I remember thinking we could literally control someone else's game when this was announced. Maybe that will happen once PlayStation Now is running?

That one seemed like one of the more 'aspirational' features announced, similar to 'downloading games before you even bought them based off purchase history', etc.

Pretty weak update considering this is the first update to add new functionality in 2 months. The video editor probably consumed the most time to create as the other features are rather minor. Microsoft really is better in the software department I guess, but I was still expecting Sony to be somewhat competitive in update releases.

Anyways, the only thing I care about in this update is the export feature. I hope adding custom music means being able to play/save custom music on the PS4 itself.

I'm grateful I don't have to bother moving my PS4 now. I'll keep the Elgato hooked to the PS3 for now.

Are you guys forgetting that the Sharefactory stuff is still just limited to 15 minutes?

Vire

Things I really want still:

1. DLNA Support
2. HBO Go on PS4
3. Ability to change background color of dash.
4. Dim the goddamn light
5. MP3 Support
6. Uncompressed screenshot uploading
7. Friend notifications

I wonder how those fancy transistion will work for non first party titles seeing as they should game specific effects...

Will third party's bother or is this not even handled by them

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Things I really want still:

1. DLNA Support
2. HBO Go on PS4
3. Ability to change background color of dash.
4. Dim the goddamn light
5. MP3 Support
6. Uncompressed screenshot uploading
7. Friend notifications
Lightbar dimming is coming in 1.7

AhAxZai.png

Coolade

Are you guys forgetting that the Sharefactory stuff is still just limited to 15 minutes?

I assumed the sharefactory will let you join multiple clips together, and if I'm not mistaken if you go over the 15 min mark, the PS4 continues to record, it just creates a new clip. I could be mistaken though I haven't used it in awhile.

Fbh

Cool stuff.

There are still other key features missing (please let me pause downloads or assign a priority order) but it's a start.

Exporting to USB is going to be great to avoid the terrible facebook image quality. And as someone with a rather slow internet connection I'm excited about the pre load option

hawk2025

MP3 support must be in then. How else are you going to get music on the console.

Even if it isn't enabled in this update, its basically in the next one.

Yeah, I suppose it's just down to creating a little app that plays your MP3s, then.

Because at this point you can basically listen to the MP3 before adding it to the video, so all the actual playback groundwork is done, no?

Bishop89

Next up;
-Name Changing
- making it so you dont have to download all the previous patches (or whatever is making all these updates huge) each time.

SHAREfactory is all I need.

I don't want to post a new thread so I will ask here. I have my PS4 since last tuesday and I'm already at 180 GB of free space. What's going to happen once I get out of space because of the mandatory installs? I'll have to delete a game or something? It seems pretty weak if that's the case.

Yeah, I suppose it's just down to creating a little app that plays your MP3s, then.

Because at this point you can basically listen to the MP3 before adding it to the video, so all the actual playback groundwork is done, no?

Yeah. That's the only reason I'd imagine its missing from this update.

But I guess it makes sense to lump MP3 and DLNA in the next big update around E3. (Yes I expect it to come around then)

Oh god is ShareFactory ever going to take over my gaming. I will constantly be searching for that perfect screenshot moment or gameplay scene that just has to be uploaded.

I already got many movie editing software on my PC so just moving them over, edition and then uploading in lossless quality will be a fucking joy to behold.

SHAREfactory is all I need.

I don't want to post a new thread so I will ask here. I have my PS4 since last tuesday and I'm already at 180 GB of free space. What's going to happen once I get out of space because of the mandatory installs? I'll have to delete a game or something? It seems pretty weak if that's the case.

Are you included your Share files in that total?

Every so often I have to delete about 20gb of unwanted video recordings. Honestly, I'd be happy to turn off background recording fullstop and only start recording when I double tape on the share button.

Top Bottom