• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

hawk2025

Yeah. That's the only reason I'd imagine its missing from this update.

But I guess it makes sense to lump MP3 and DLNA in the next big update around E3. (Yes I expect it to come around then)

Good point. The next update can be the "media playback" update, if you will.

Personally, I'd much rather take this one first (finally, FINALLY preloading is hitting consoles) :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's sad how exporting screens to external USB devices doesn't guarantee said screens being uncompressed. Also, with this update squarely focused on SHARE, it's depressing how there's no word about direct youtube upload.

Does this fix the glitch with the share feature?
This as well.

I remember thinking we could literally control someone else's game when this was announced. Maybe that will happen once PlayStation Now is running?

I see no reason why, as it's essentially just Remote Play but from a friends PS4 instead of the Vita. It's not like the game would be running on Sony's servers or anything.

That said, I'm pretty sure Sony never actually announced that feature, they just brought it up as a possible feature. Same thing goes with a lot of the online features they mentioned at that unveil (like the one that let you starting playing digital games on the PSNow servers while the game downloaded).

Tidux

So...

- SHAREfactory
- HDCP off-functionality
- USB export
- NicoNico support
- Archival functionality
- Pre-loading
- (possible USB media import functionality? MP3?)

Pretty good update.

sure sounds like a good update, but there's more on the horizon.

I don't have a PS4, but these do look like great features. There's still a whole generation to go, so whatever didn't make it into this update will come in the following updates.

Was the YouTube app on PS3 made by Sony or Google? If the latter, shouldn't people be bugging Google about it?

One question. It says you can use your own "original music". I would assume that means non-copyrighted right? Uploading it to YouTube with copyrighted music could lead to a dmca takedown right? Dont know if im reading to much into it or not. Cool features nonetheless.

sure sounds like a good update, but there's more on the horizon.

The immediate horizon, or the next?

Because no one doubts ( maybe some do, but whatever ) that there's a lot of good stuff in the pipeline ( PSNow, emulation support, suspend/resume, PS3-parity media functionality, etc)... but Sony tends to be pretty quiet about their subsequent horizons, until it's actually coming.

Guymelef

So better streaming quality/archive is finally for this firmware and not above 1.70.
Google translate:
Broadcast using Twitch and Ustream, will be added [(HD) Highest image quality.
Save the online service broadcasts you will be able to (Archive).

※ Using the Archive feature depends on the service.

3zsohr.jpg

HDCP Off:
61aq0k.jpg

Suspend/resume of games. PLEEEAAASE! :'(

Suspend and Resume functionality is already present in the PS4 when you hit the share button and choose trim feature while you're playing a game. Soon the actual Suspend and Resume feature which Sony revealed back in Feb 2013 will become a reality.

Picobrain

Banned
Any info about suspend/resume function? Honestly, that and organizing my game library is what I want everything else is useless for me.

viveks86

Suspend and Resume functionality is already present in the PS4 when you hit the share button and choose trim feature while you're playing a game. Soon the actual Suspend and Resume feature which Sony revealed back in Feb 2013 will become a reality.

Yeah that happens if you switch to netflix as well. Was referring to the part that is coming "soon" :(

~~Hasan~~

this is nice for people who have high uploads etc. my uplaod is 1M so i might not use this.

what i do want however is... my Resume functionality... they told us about since last E3. its almost 1 year and still nothing.

this is nice for people who have high uploads etc. my uplaod is 1M so i might not use this.

what i do want however is... my Resume functionality... they told us about since last E3. its almost 1 year and still nothing.

Got 10 meg upload so might finally use this, however I hope they include seamless uploading to YouTube rather than Facebook because the quality loss is horrendous on there.

Kysen

Just read the Japanese press release and this patch just became underwhelming. I don't see anything about mp3 support or increased download options(pause).

Marc

Soony are really killing that word.

Decent update I guess, none of the like twenty things I am waiting for though.

Just read the Japanese press release and this patch just became underwhelming. I don't see anything about mp3 support or increased download options(pause).

Just read that too, not that I was expecting it in this update though. Main takeaways would be preloading of games, HDCP Off option, and the SHAREfactory. Additionally, if you have a VitaTV, this update rolls out that PS4 remote play via VitaTV ability.

Withnail

Suspend/resume is the only thing I want. Not interested in sharing.

The wait for suspend/resume is just like the wait for in-game XMB last gen.

Tsundere

Banned

heh, It's going to be underwhelming no matter what because X feature was not included. Sucks for you if you don't appreciate the features that will come with the firmware though, you should skip it.

Lucifon

Preloading is all well and good but when can we pause downloads? It's embarrassing a premium digital device in 2014 doesn't have this.

Zutroy

i think sony needs to employ more people in software update department or something, i have xperia z1 compact and i still havnt got android kitkat update, wtf is wrong with them
and regarding the ps4 seriously how much time does it really take to include dynamic themes? how hard is it

OT, but the KitKat update has been pushed out for the Z1c. It's maybe your carrier holding it back.

Looking forward to this update!

DBT85

Pre loading and Share factory look good. As does saving to USB and HDCP off. Hopefully the creativity of the PlayStation userbase will out and we'll see some great new videos in the months to come.

Eager to hear about the rest of the update though as it sounds like we've only seen the tip.

Shin-Ra

The SHAREfactory interface looks pretty snazzy, wonder if SCEE London Studio developed it, looks kinda SingStar'ish.

Top Bottom