• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

TimFL

Too much trouble. Just make it 12:00amPST and be done with it.

Standardize it for all releases to be this way. Good to go!

Yes because I want my PS4 to start the pre-load/download when the game should already be available in my timezone for several hours. No thanks.

Dynamic release times are a must or it ends in tears when we have to wait for murica to unlock the game. If you want to standardize it use some eastern country timezone.

emko

why is there a rule digital has to be released on the same day as retail? i would make it release the day before at a convenient time for each timezone and make this a bonus of going digital as of right now there is no reason to get digital when usually you can find a deal and get the retail cheaper. And who waits at 12am to play a game? with preloading now and PS4 auto download in stand by i will never have to wait till 12am to put it to download or have to wait for Sony to add the game to the store many hours after it was supposed to be on.

Yes because I want my PS4 to start the pre-load/download when the game should already be available in my timezone for several hours. No thanks.

Dynamic release times are a must or it ends in tears when we have to wait for murica to unlock the game. If you want to standardize it use some eastern country timezone.

Man, they have already explained all this shit.

Pre-loading is for when you pre-order a game. The pre-loading will start DAYS before the game releases.

So no matter what, you should have your game already downloaded and ready to activate the moment it hits.

All the information is there for you to find. Just have to actually look for it.

As for the time, no way to make everyone happy. So just say F it, standardize it in some way, and make people deal with it. Which they will.

TimFL

Man, they have already explained all this shit.

Pre-loading is for when you pre-order a game. The pre-loading will start DAYS before the game releases.

So no matter what, you should have your game already downloaded and ready to activate the moment it hits.

All the information is there for you to find. Just have to actually look for it.

As for the time, no way to make everyone happy. So just say F it, standardize it in some way, and make people deal with it. Which they will.

I'll believe it when I see it, they'll never standardize anything. Their store infrastructure is a mess. Europe waits months for the updated PSN community page (we couldn't even check PS4 trophies online until late january) and the store lacks features too (can't pre-order PS4 games etc.). I'm almost 100% certain it'll be an individual unlock time for every store since they don't seem to share anything in common. Looks like they have hundreds of stores for hundreds of countries.

Lrrr

It better play FLAC files or else.

639.gif

MP3s first; then we'll worry about FLAC.

B_Boss

So we'll get the option to import music (via USB even) but we won't be able to play said music in-game. Tsk....This is an incredible update nevertheless but I cannot wait for the DLNA support...waiting for this and DICE's private servers is killing me lol.

The dynamic lighting vid looked pretty slick. Imagine having a horror "game"/app for the PS4 Camera where you turned the lights off and used a flashlight/DS4 light bar to look for things in the room, occasionally coming across something gnarly or trying to avoid shining your light in the direction of the thing stalking you in the dark.

androvsky

This, this and this.

Can't believe how many people don't have this as one of their top features to be added.

There's plenty of people that were asking Sony for years to let us turn off friend notifications on the PS3 without turning off all the other notifications. I definitely wanted to know if someone sent me a message, but people signing in and out was annoying as hell and that was with a dozen friends. And now we can have 2000 friends. I understand why some people would want to get notifications, but I can definitely wait.

Dunan

Personally, I want less button prompts to do things. It takes way too many button presses

Definitely. I hope the future PS4 update brings contextual intuition like that. Accepting a friend request takes like 5+ prompts/menus to go through. It's ridiculous.

Sony has always liked their unnecessary confirmations. I doubt they will fix that.

All of you have my axe. The modern trend toward excessive button presses and confirmations is driving me crazy. Hey computer, you might not believe me, but when I tell you to do something, that means that I really do want to do it.

If a child second-guessed his parents one-tenth as often as our electronic devices second-guess us, he'd get smacked in the head. If an employee asked his boss "Are you sure?" every time his boss told him to do something, he'd be fired.

Why do we let our electronic devices force us to interact with them on their terms like this?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
why is there a rule digital has to be released on the same day as retail? i would make it release the day before at a convenient time for each timezone and make this a bonus of going digital as of right now there is no reason to get digital when usually you can find a deal and get the retail cheaper. And who waits at 12am to play a game? with preloading now and PS4 auto download in stand by i will never have to wait till 12am to put it to download or have to wait for Sony to add the game to the store many hours after it was supposed to be on.
Digital is personal convenience. That's where the value is and that's what they're selling. You don't release games before they release on retail because you severely piss off the retailers you spent decades building relationships with. Nintendo can get away with it because I can't remember the last time I saw a WiiU kiosk.

Once pre-loading is up and pre-ordering gets bigger, the argument will be so. Why go to the store? Why fumble through discs? Everything is already here on your console and all you have to do is a few button presses.

DOWN

Banned
I wasn't missing it at launch, but I'd really love MP3 support now. They say it is not out of the question at all, so hopefully by summer?

Shin-Ra

Brightness control probably uses the existing Device Control interface with 25 bars of adjustment and OFF (0 bars).

iq3g1CLKLRGll.png

Playing a lightbar-tracking game (or if you turn the feature on in an optional game) probably forces it to a high enough brightness to be tracked though.

Guymelef

Brightness control probably uses the existing Device Control interface with 25 bars of adjustment and OFF (0 bars).

iq3g1CLKLRGll.png

Playing a lightbar-tracking game (or if you turn the feature on in an optional game) probably forces it to a high enough brightness to be tracked though.

Only dim. not turn off.

Abriael

Banned
Didn't someone post a screen of Adam Boyes using that same "app" but it didn't have the Bungie stuff? Maybe they are testing mp3 playback during gameplay.

Looks like that appears only if you have him on the friend list. But if Tidux says you're right, I trust Tidux.That text could be a glitch, or bungie's beta could be what actually glitches it and makes it appear on the profile while it shouldn't.

TheNAC

Banned
I posted the Boyes screenshot. I could click join session with a max of 3 people allowed in session. It then said it could not find that app. Wario said it's not music though. Aren't Destiny groups 3 people?

DOWN

Banned
Good point, easy enough to work around depending how much of a hack job they want to do. Limit to one bar or set 0 bars to minimum visible brightness.

Or they built something unique to the light bar!

I'm a bit confused as to why it can't be off, but I assume they want to have an indicator that the controller is on or something since there isn't any other light.

Shin-Ra

I believe you can use photos uploaded from the Playstation app.
Using your Facebook profile photo's the only way at the moment. You can make a dummy account for this of course.

I'm a bit confused as to why it can't be off, but I assume they want to have an indicator that the controller is on or something since there isn't any other light.
On indicator and player number/colour indicator.

Top Bottom