• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One browser benchmarks from Anandtech

tipoo

Banned
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All results in milliseconds (LOWER IS BETTER).

Sunspider
PS4: 1,027.40
XBO: 2,360.90

Kracken
PS4: 22,768.70
XBO: 111,892.50

Winrar bolded

LOWER = better , as these measure time to completion.

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/5

Interesting, given the similar CPUs the fact that the PS4 halves the XBO sunspider time,and absolutely kills it in Kraken (watch the decimal place, that's throwing everyone off). Also since IE11 is actually a great javascript performer (seriously, test it before the herp derp IE comments).

PS4 also halves the Wii U Sunspider time. Someone want to run Kraken on their Wii U?

Also note, Javascript is very single threaded mostly, the speculation that the PS4 is letting it get at more cores changes nothing.

I wonder what the final PS4 clock was.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The webkit implementation on the PS4 seems to be pretty shitty.

/edit: My bad, lower is better.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The PS4 browser is super fast for me. I use it a lot and even use it in remote play while messing around in the living room.

I also enabled HTML5 on Youtube and have less issues there.

Ridley327

The PS4 browser seems fine, but they really need to work on the length of time it takes to access the URL entry/search fields.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
can the xbox browser do neogaf.com better than ps4?

Hell yes OTHER than the nagging issue with too many pics like screen shots threads. That was an issue with PS3 early on but Sony fixed that later.

On the positive side, you can disable pics and all that on mobile GAF which is the version that the browser defaults to on PS4. Easy to read and eliminate bandwidth load on the PS4.

Hell yes OTHER than the nagging issue with too many pics like screen shots threads. That was an issue with PS3 early on but Sony fixed that later.

On the positive side, you can disable pics and all that on mobile GAF which is the version that the browser defaults to on PS4. Easy to read and eliminate bandwidth load on the PS4.

now i wish ps4 had snap. the mobile version is such a great version.

MoeB

In case that's not sarcasm, lower is better for sunspider (hence I called it time), higher for Kracken (which is why I called it score

yes. sarcasm. but you should really consider adding the units after the numbers.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So xb1 has a much slower browser. That's nuts.

For both lower is better.

Since when does increased worst case execution time metric mean something is better. Everything was in milliseconds.

Lower is better.
Look at the chart. It shows that the Kraken score is measured in milliseconds. i.e. lower is better.

m+night+shyamalan.jpg

It's getting a bit weird now. Much slower boot times, much slower browser... These are aspects I was expecting the Xbox One to dominate.

popeutlal

Jesus, it not some kind of a mystery, for both the lower number is better... how do I know? I clicked on the link in OP.

Top Bottom