PS4 and Xbox One games coming to Redbox April 1

Nov 30, 2007
Was hoping to see Knack and Battlefield 4 on that list. Want to play through both of them, but have no interest in paying full price for them.

Oh well, I'll just rent thief then.

Jan 13, 2009
Baltimore, MD
twitter.com
Sweet. Between this and Gamefly I can try anything before I buy it.

How does this work, not familiar with redbox, how much?
Reserve a game online, go to the Redbox you picked and use your credit card to pick it up; return it the next day. Last gen games were a couple bucks a night.

For maximum utility pick up your game right after midnight; you get it all that day, and all the next day until midnight 9pm according to other people.

You can also take your chances and just go to any redbox but I think it's smarter to reserve a game ahead of time so you don't waste your time if what you want isn't there.

Apr 9, 2012
How does this work, not familiar with redbox, how much?
It's $2.50 a night for games. Sometimes they do free rental codes. Also, there's a best time of day to rent from Redbox to maximize time with the game, I just don't remember when.

Edit: Neuromancer is on top of Redbox rental best practices.

Jul 31, 2006
i should have waited and rented killzone. bought digitial edition for around 40, kind of regret it since i'm stuck with fairly mediocre game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sep 25, 2005
It's $2.50 a night for games. Sometimes they do free rental codes. Also, there's a best time of day to rent from Redbox to maximize time with the game, I just don't remember when.
12:01 am. Return by 9 pm the next day.

You'll have essentially 45 hours to play.

Jun 5, 2010
12:01 am. Return by 9 pm the next day.

You'll have essentially 45 hours to play.
Ah, so that makes sense why I was able to rent at 9am on a Tuesday and return it at noon on Wednesday and only be charged the one day rental. I guess I could have kept it for another nine hours. I always thought it was a hard 24 hours from rental time. Cool.