• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One in 2014: A Video Game Onslaught

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm actually way more excited for Diablo III on PS4 than I should be. Didn't realize it included the expansion, either.

Pistolero

Halo 5, Quantum Break, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall + unannouced games for the Xbox One...
The Order 1886, Infamous SS, Driveclub, MLB The Show, Rime, Uncharted 4 (porbably) + unannouced games for the PS4...
And a ton of great multi-plateformes titles + a feast of Indies on both...

WOW! Let the battle begin!!!

Uncharted's likely coming next year but I didn't really include it as that hasn't been confirmed yet. I left games like Rime since they didn't specify 2014 (or maybe I missed it?) though that's likely.

And thanks ThoseDeafMutes.

Bgamer90

Banned
So many good looking games. I can't wait.

Child of Light, Project Spark, Titanfall, Destiny, Infamous, Watch_Dogs, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, The Division, etc.

Pistolero

The more I look at the list, the more amazed I am at the sheer diversity and the potential of most of those games. Yet, we'll have jaded players reminding us just how low the medium has sunk over the years...

Derrick01

Banned
we'll see more games, but these are 40 titles, some of which are late ports, don't have full names, and might not see release in 2014. and we're including two systems to get this full lineup.

i'm not saying there's not an impressive amount of things, but you can combine pretty much any two systems and come up with a list like that. take vita + wii u:

Anyone can write a big list of games down, the trick is being able to put down a bunch of interesting looking games like there are in the OP compared to what you came up with.

Shinta

Banned
Child of Light will be on Wii U also. Unless there's some resolution disparity, I think I'll get it on that for the off-TV play.

And there's really no reason to not add in all the cool Wii U games coming up in 2014.

Bayonetta 2
X
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Yoshi U

we'll see more games, but these are 40 titles, some of which are late ports, don't have full names, and might not see release in 2014. and we're including two systems to get this full lineup.

i'm not saying there's not an impressive amount of things, but you can combine pretty much any two systems and come up with a list like that. take vita + wii u:
Different strokes. This list has maybe five titles I'd pay money for.

Maybe if you combined PS3 + Wii U it would be different (DARK SOULS 2 HERRO), but Vita is a joke.

AniHawk

Anyone can write a big list of games down, the trick is being able to put down a bunch of interesting looking games like there are in the OP compared to what you came up with.

that's all subjective. i feel what i 'came up with' is plenty interesting.

anyway all i wanted to do was provide some context for the idea that there is a 'drought' next year. if you looked at my list and thought that looked really empty, well, perhaps you have some insight into what some people see in the ps4/xb1's lineups.

Child of Light will be on Wii U also. Unless there's some resolution disparity, I think I'll get it on that for the off-TV play.

And there's really on reason to not add in all the cool Wii U games coming up.

Bayonetta 2
X
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8

this and don't forget about neat stuff coming out for the 3ds too. if OP doesn't want to add it, someone should make a thread titled "Wii U and 3DS isn 2014: A Video Game Onslaught

BigDug13

holeup.png
JESUS, the graphics for "Titanfall" doesn't really look any better than a Free2Play game like "Planetside 2".

To be fair, Planetside 2 takes a pretty beefy PC to produce those graphics, and has finally taken advantage of multicore CPU's. It is pretty ambitious graphically for a f2p MMOFPS.

KoopaTheCasual

Next year is looking oh so good. And yea, Wii U titles should be added imo. 2014 is really when huge titles finally start hitting the WiiU.

i-Lo

A dearth of sci-fi WRPGs depresses me.

On the flip side, if Demon's Souls 2 ever exists, looking at a F2P game gives me hope that DS2 will be better visually speaking.

And there's really no reason to not add in all the cool Wii U games coming up in 2014.

Bayonetta 2
X
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Yoshi U
Next year is looking oh so good. And yea, Wii U titles should be added imo. 2014 is really when huge titles finally start hitting the WiiU.

Someone can make a Wii U specific thread if they want to, like Captain Smoker did. I wanted to focus on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Ishida

Banned

Bayonetta 2
X
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Yoshi U

This thread is not about the Wii U.

cakefoo

As Shinobi pointed out, the Wii U software thread has already been established. No point in having redundancy in this thread. Plus I'm sure 2 platforms is enough responsibility for one person.

Begging for Wii U to be involved in every thread about the PS4 and XB1 is getting REALLY annoying.

i-Lo

I thought Cyberpunk is 2015 and the other two haven't been revealed yet.

Damn.... I is cry right nao. I am tired of the industry refraining from investing in quasi-to-semi-to-fully open sci-fi wrpgs. Apparently, it's okay to have them in the genre of fantasy but not so much for sci-fi.

We have EA sitting on a treasure trove with SW IP and perhaps no hope of ever getting a proper SW wrpg post KoTOR era; none of Sony's first parties consider it a worthy endeavour to attempt it; MS's Lionhead leans toward fantasy; Activision can fuck off to kingdom come; who in their right mind knows what SE are planning to do with Deus Ex beside pump out the next iOS derivation; UbiSoft is busy trying to saturate the third person action adventure market to be in league with CoD, etc etc.

Effin' useless.

LOCK

That's not really anything unusual. A lot of games don't get their release dates announced until closer to launch. We're 4 months until Infamous and we just got a release date.

I know that. But with out some sort of confirmed date it becomes that much easier to silently delay a title.

I know that. But with out some sort of confirmed date it becomes that much easier to silently delay a title.
True. There's no doubt at least a couple of these games will likely get delayed. Still, it is what it is for now :)

Also per OP, added Final Fantasy XIV for PS4.

Leflus

Nice thread!

I'm interested in:

PS4: Infamous, The Witness, Transistor, Galak-Z, Octodad, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Rime, Diablo 3, Hohokum
Xbone: Project Spark, Quantum Break, Below, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Kinect Sports Rivals
Bonestation: The Witcher 3, Destiny, Child of Light, Watch Dogs, The Division

I don't own a current-gen console yet, but I plan to buy at least one of them before the end of 2014. Feels nice to know that the lineup is solid for both of the consoles.

Top Bottom