• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4: Coming to a Best Buy near you

xaosslug

the Playroom demo episode of Fallon re-aired last night too, and I don't think that will haaalp stem the #thirst any. LOL

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When does the next big game hit for PS4?

That would probably be Infamous, right? Not sure of the date, but it's still a ways out.

Edit: Gaddaggit looks like I'm standing in line on Sun morning... I freaking swore I would never do this shit ever,

I guess I'll end up waiting too. Theres not enough out for me to go stand in line in the snow. Who knows though, Santa may bring me one as a surprise.

HUELEN10

I assume this will be one of the last pre-christmas runs available to a major NA retailer? Any obligation to go with a bundle or other catch?

Evolved1

I assume this will be one of the last pre-christmas runs available to a major NA retailer? Any obligation to go with a bundle or other catch?

Didn't say anything like that on the site or in their phone message.

Pain

Banned
I've been hearing too much about this Best Buy stock. Is this the second largest shipment besides launch? Oh and Gamestop gets none? Why only Best Buy?

Timeaisis

I don't understand the logic of holding them for Sunday. Do they have some other sale planned for that day to lure people in for more Christmas shopping or something?

Evolved1

I've been hearing too much about this Best Buy stock. Is this the second largest shipment besides launch? Oh and Gamestop gets none? Why only Best Buy?

Last I read Gamestop is getting more stock than anyone...

A CSR told me a week after the launch that they would hold any PS4s they get during the week until the following Sunday until Christmas. Looks like this is one of those weeks.

I don't understand the logic of holding them for Sunday. Do they have some other sale planned for that day to lure people in for more Christmas shopping or something?

I'm completely speculating as I don't know all the details but like I said earlier most if not all of the stores in our state have been sold out since launch. Holding these for Sunday - a day which most people have off - creates ton's of hype & increases store activity. They pull in way more money than releasing 20 consoles on a Monday night after truck and another 15 on Thursday, without any advertisments & a first come first serve basis

It's all about traffic. Get people in the store and there's a chance they buy something other than a PS4 as well. Simple as that

Edit: Also I believe there's a RZ event for certain stores Sunday night? I wouldn't be shocked if they kept a few for that as well. Those are store specific, not everywhere

Sanic

It's because they'll have it in the ad, and they're required to have at least some stock available for ad items. Why Sundays? Mainly a historical thing. It was a way to get people out shopping on all days of the weekend.

Evolved1

I hate that they do it, as a consumer looking for immediacy and convenience, but on the other hand I will probably buy a bunch of other shit while I'm in there on Sunday.

So, guess I only have myself, my weak weak self, to blame.

ReMaKe

Was at Walmart earlier, asked if they had ps4 in stock, they said they'll have ps4 coming in at midnight. Might be worth calling your local Walmart.

qko

Totally available in the Bay Area. Where is the PS4 sold out?

ibntalTLX4iJ01.png

Is this reliable? Why would Best Buy be holding back stock this late in the holiday shopping season?

I know people looking for both systems and would like to let them know about this, but it would be good to get some solid confirmation.

Is this reliable? Why would Best Buy be holding back stock this late in the holiday shopping season?

I know people looking for both systems and would like to let them know about this, but it would be good to get some solid confirmation.

Well the stock tracker at least confirms something. Nearly ever store has them right now according to it.

Evolved1

Haha!
Let us know how it goes.

Some lady said she would inquire for me, and then never picked the phone back up. It eventually went dead after quite a long wait. Fantastic customer service.

I will try again in a bit when I'm not so annoyed.

cakefoo

Read the thread

Call your local Best Buy. It's official. The first thing I hear when dialing the number is them advertising it. People have spoken with managers and been given flyers. It's happening. I can't guarantee they all are but I'd say the majority.

Of course it had to be the weekend of a winter storm, the only time a Texas winter goes under 50 degrees.

Seriously. Texas loves to give you crappy whether at the weirdest times. I'm planning on getting there really early. I'm not going to be the first person to not get one . . . again

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I did that Best Buy locator and every store within 5 miles of me has them in stock.

Anybody look at the indicator and see a store without stock?

I did that Best Buy locator and every store within 5 miles of me has them in stock.

Yeah, same here. But I wouldn't doubt that all my local ones are doing it. I searched a city pretty far off and it showed Best Buy's close to me so it might just be showing you the Best Buy's nearest you that have stock and not showing any that don't, which is probably not very many

FroJay

Banned

Same. It will probably be a madhouse on Sunday. I really with they wouldn't do second launches like this. I would rather take my chances getting the system on a random day. I'm hoping to get one as a Christmas gift for my future brother in law.

Same. It will probably be a madhouse on Sunday. I really with they wouldn't do second launches like this. I would rather take my chances getting the system on a random day. I'm hoping to get one as a Christmas gift for my future brother in law.

I'm mixed on it. Yeah it doesn't make sense to hold stock if you have it. Just sell what you have. But then it also helps those who have been trying hard and can't time it right. I've been calling stores are showing up places but haven't had any luck so it helps knowing they will have it on a certain day at a certain time. It's just a matter of getting there before other people.

I'm not buying any games or accessories from them though. I'm going to pick that stuff other places that have good sales right now. If their goal was to sell me other stuff, they failed

labaronx

just called the main best buy out here in Nashville... lady there said Sunday most they've had since it released.... were getting 20 -25 consoles every 3-4 days that sold out in an hour... was told to come early as she expects a line and she talked to several people since noon

she also sounded upset and said Nashville wasn't a priority city for restocks when it came to corporate descisions. .. take that for what u will #tier2 city

had to find out for my homies

Top Bottom