• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 crossplay can now support any title says Sony.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As part of a short interview with PlayStation boss Jim Ryan, Wired revealed that the new system can now support any game that wants to use it. Which still doesn’t mean every game will have crossplay, but they could if they wanted to.

‘The track record of the incumbent platform winning the next time around is not a great one,’ said Ryan. ’So the major thrust of my executive energy is to avoid complacency.’

So now it's time for Microsoft to be Satan again

Good news for gamers if it's true though
Will also save money from buying the same fucking game on 3 platforms to play with different friends.....ghost recon breakpoint cost me a few hundred dollars

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wonder what caused Sony to change stance on this? What the outrage from players enough, or is there something more economic behind it?

Psykodad

Banned
I wonder what caused Sony to change stance on this? What the outrage from players enough, or is there something more economic behind it?
Most likely it was more of a matter of Sony needing to sort some stuff out first, rather than just flatout being against it.

Shifty

The walls have come down at last, good stuff Sony.

And now it's time to put our feet up and enjoy a nice refreshing drink while the usual brigade of "crossplay bad, players from other platform nasty dirty" console scrubs file in to complain about more folks being able to play together.

There's a Jim Ryan quote right there in the OP that justifies it as not wanting to fall for the usual end-of-gen power shift through complacency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom