• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / EA account problem

My boyfriend and I just bought a PS4 yesterday and he was excited to play Star Wars Battlefront.

When we launch the game it says his EA account is linked to someone else's email account and will not let him log in. He doesn't recognize the ID, but he's had a PS3 stolen several years ago (we're using the same PSN ID that he must have had on that system)

I contacted EA support and they said that Sony support has to remove the ID from the account. Does anyone know if that's actually correct, because it's been hell on earth trying to get Sony's chat support to even launch.

We login to his PSN ID on the playstation.com website and then fill out the required info to get to a customer support chat and click the captia "i'm not a robot" and then click request chat. Nothing happens. No indication of anything loading. I've tried it several times. No pop up blockers or ad blockers are enabled. Tried Chrome on a PC, Safari and Chrome on a Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so we can finally play this.

----rant incoming---

Between multiple ~8GB updates for most games and all these fucking publisher accounts needed to play online I'm about this close to tossing this garbage out the window!!!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Try calling Sony. Sounds strange that the email different. Even if the PS3 was stolen, how did they change the email on the EA account?

You could try resetting the licenses which is under Settings and PSN Accnt Mgnt.

On the note of SWBF, it's worth what you probably paid for, especially since you'll be playing with someone. Don't throw it out just yet.

Thanks everyone. I'll check out this other stuff. It's just incredibly frustrating since we've been having some trouble with our ISP, then we have the 15 GB update for the game to deal with and now this.

We bought the system and the game yesterday and it's almost been 24 hours and we're still not really able to play it. Nothing's going out the window it's just not how I'm used to gaming.

Faceache

The link between EA and PSN accounts is handled by EA, so the support rep misadvised you.

I had similar troubles a couple of years ago but managed to get it sorted over the phone with EA.

Top Bottom