• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Edition | How many of these top selling games did you COMPLETE?

Select any of these games which you have completed? As described in OP.

• GTA 5

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Uncharted 4

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • COD: Black Ops III

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • RDR 2

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • COD: WW2

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God of War

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • The Witcher 3

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • TLOU: Remastered

Votes: 36 62.1%
  • TLOU 2

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • FFVII Remake

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Tschumi

I've a bit of a problem, across multiple platforms this year I've purchased, well, assloads of games which have had sufficient good reviews, reputations and price points for me to feel justified in my purchases. PS2, PS3, PS vita, PS4 pro, steam, gog, epic (anno 1800), origin.. I've bought me some games. I've completed.. very few of them.

Now, I'm determined to finish as many of them as i possibly can. Next year i won't buy any new games, at least, that's my commitment to DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi 's thread.

I have completed many games in my life, but in my case completion is a separate thing to playing a game - it only happens when a game really puts me under a spell. Many perfectly fun games just didn't manage to do that.

Anyway, in recognition of the raft of hugely acclaimed PS4 titles I've recent bought and endeavour to complete before i buy any new titles, i wanna ask my fellow PS4 owners this:

How many of the top selling games on this platform have you completed? Not started, not played the hell out of, but actually completed.

(Note: yeah, some games don't really complete in the traditional way, in this instance I'm referring to completing main Central storylines, or their equivalent, rather than 100% maxing out achievements and side quests. In terms of online games, i guess, seeing out a full season, or several? Or playing consistently until a sequel comes out?)

... For the record the latest title to cast a spell over me, guaranteeing eventual completion, is FFXII: the Zodiac Age

Finally... I've just made an arbitrary list of the top selling titles according to the Wikipedia page, accuracy isn't my focus here, if you guys mention any legit titles for me to add I'll try be prompt.

Last edited by a moderator:

lachesis

TLOU Remastered (not-platinummed), and Spider-Man (platinummed) only.
FFVIIR is loaded on my PS5, and will probably play sometime next year.
Witcher 3 - loaded onto my XSX via gamepass, but can't seem to get really into it...
GTA5 - on my PC via free epic game deal thing, but haven't touched it after first 30 min. GTAs are not really my thing for some reason...

Vaguely interested in some other ones - especially GOT, but will see when I can.

mcz117chief

Only Black Ops 3 from that list and that game's campaign is the worst out of all the CoDs I played. I haven't played almost any of the games from that list, only God of War and Spider-man, apart from BO3, and I didn't enjoy either of them.

bender

What time is it?
Finished:

GTA5
Uncharted 4
Spider-Man
God of War
Witcher 3
TLOU Remastered (multiple times)
TLOU2

Also Played:

RDR2 (I'll probably not go back to it)
Horizon (Definitely not going back to it)
Ghost of Tsushima (I'll probably not go back to it)
FFVII Remake (I plan on gong back to it)

RPS37

Finished:
Uncharted 4
Spiderman
God Of War
TLOU Remastered

Own, started, yet to finish:
GTAV
RDR2
Witcher 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
TLOU2

I’m concurrently playing GTAV (Xbox)and TLOU2.
Might go for RDR2 (Xbox)and HZD next after.

Dark Star

Finished:

GTA5 (This is my second PS4 game, so I played the heck out of it)
Horizon (Meh. I didn't really think it was that amazing, but it's a playable game)
Black Ops 3 (Came with my PS4, and I enjoyed the campaign TBH)
Uncharted 4 (I love Uncharted, this game is almost as good as 2)
Spider-Man (Many of the missions felt repetitive, but it's a decent game)
God of War (I had a blast playing GOW)
Witcher 3 (very long game, finished the main quest + DLC and like 50% of the side missions)
TLOU Remastered (one of the best games/stories)

Still Playing:

RDR2 (Not a bad game, just really, really slow to get through. It's been installed on my PS4 since like November 2019 lol)
TLOU 2 (Picked it up during the Black Friday sale. It's a very solid sequel. About halfway through)

Haven't Played yet :

Ghost of Tsushima
FFVII Remake
WW2

Last edited:

deafmedal

GTAV- 3 times last gen I think? Maybe 4? Will play on current gen, patch/update or not.
U4- I have no idea why I keep playing these stupid games.
RDR2- Decided to wait until current gen to finish second play through. Patch would be nice but will buy again on sale.
Spider-Man- Probably won't replay. Will buy MM when it drops in price.
GoW- Will likely play again, maybe use that 60 fps trick but kinda want to do NG+.
TW3- Waiting for current gen patch to replay and do DLC for first time.
HZD- Will replay.
TLOU:R- Did 3? play throughs this gen, might play again, might not.

Never played a CoD or FF game. Will play GoT eventually and pick up TLOU2 when current gen version/patch drops.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I barely completed any of those. Sony didn't really draw me in w their first-party stuff this generation. It was the glut of third-party support (especially indies early on) that attracted me.

Top Bottom