• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Exclusive WiLD Developer Posts New Artwork, Project Might Be Still Alive

Bullet Club

PS4 Exclusive WiLD Developer Posts New Artwork, Project Might Be Still Alive

WiLD is one of the PS4 exclusives that has been missing the spotlight after its initial reveal in 2014 followed by a gameplay trailer in 2015. The developers are now sharing new artwork for it on the social media accounts giving the project a new life.

WiLD was supposedly in development by Wild Sheep Studio under the direction of Michael Ancel. He is currently working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 at Ubisoft so that cast a shadow of doubt over the future of the project. There was some hope when Sony registered a trademark for WiLD back in March, but there has been no update since then.

WiLD developer has been silently updating the Facebook page for the game. The two most recent updates were made on May 18 and May 27 respectively. One of them shows old artwork from the game dating back to 2015.

LJ0RKHn.jpg

QvLZygB.jpg

U2PjIPK.jpg

The other teases a new cover art, likely for the social media pages. It also has a logo of the game and was shared with the text “Light or Darkness” hinting at something else.

Sony still has a page up on their official PlayStation website for WiLD. Here is a summary of the game from this page.

Use your instincts and intuition to thrive in an incredibly hostile environment. Learn how to control living creatures, and venture into your friends’ game worlds to help them survive.
Experiment with your surroundings in your quest for survival – a simple plant could just as easily save your life… or bring about a swift death.
So WiLD was supposedly a survival game, or at least that was the goal for the developers back in 2015. It sure looks great but as far as any future announcement is concerned, we can only speculate after the trademark renewal and new artwork that Sony is planning to show it again soon.

Source: Twisted Voxel

EDMIX

oh wow. I was just thinking about this game a few days ago. I'm happy to hear its still happening, but worried about its development. Not sure if they ran into issues or just a small team. Will buy regardless as I like titles like this and love to support new IP if it has interesting design.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This thing is never coming out. It went extinct and is fossilizing alongside Lionhead's BC.

Psykodad

Banned
Been waiting forever for some news.
Just carry it over to next-gen and release it on PS6 already.

I wonder though, are they still aiming for a game world the size of Europe?

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
This game looked really cool, especially with the artwork.
I vaguely remember some gameplay looking so-so, but I bet it could be radically different by release.

Pejo

Holy shit, I thought this game was dead and buried along with Deep Down and Agent.

What are her chances of staying in the game, with current day Sony at the helm?

KzPZNQ.gif

sircaw

Banned
i can see their vision, it looks interesting and i think if it ends up on ps5 it will really shine.

Maybe not the first game i would buy for a new generation but it won't be the last.

Holy shit, I thought this game was dead and buried along with Deep Down and Agent.

What are her chances of staying in the game, with current day Sony at the helm?

KzPZNQ.gif

in current day....

yes she will stay in the game exactly like that ,but they will make clear is a lesbian or a trans or a trans non-binary

the problem is that this is not only an issue with sony every mayor developer(except nintendo for now) do or plan things like that, as much as I like naughty dog I want LoU2 to flop just so that they change course, but it will probably be a starwars 7 like scenario, horrible movie but it sold a lot because of past movies by the time you realize how bad it was and the course it was taking you already paid the ticket, but expect "Last of Us 3: rise of Joel" to be a flop

mortal

Gold Member
Hope this is became big technical showcase for PS5 instead of being cross-gen. Might as well go all in if they've waited this long.

cragarmi

Wouldnt it be WILD if Ancel was no longer directing, but still onboard in an executive capacity. If sony had moved someone from one of their main studios to direct, and moved it to fully nextgen? How much would they change? Or keep the same? Would it be recognisable as the same game? We shall have our answers soon enough.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Wasn't it always a side project for Ancel that he worked on beside his Ubisoft day job? I suppose until BGE releases WiLD won't see the light of day.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Hope this is became big technical showcase for PS5 instead of being cross-gen. Might as well go all in if they've waited this long.
Be careful what you wish for. For PS5 only and it being an extremely niche title they would have to wait another four or five years for the required install base.

mortal

Gold Member
Be careful what you wish for. For PS5 only and it being an extremely niche title they would have to wait another four or five years for the required install base.
That's not necessarily true. If that were the case launch games would never be a thing.
When this game was first announced, open world wasn't as popular as it is now, so I don't think it would do as poorly as you think.

Top Bottom