• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 Suspend/Resume Coming March/April

Bish has verified me on this one.

So the SCEE Technote for Firmware 2.50 includes Suspend/Resume. The Technote states 2.50 is coming in April but I've heard there's a possibility it's going to come earlier, although I'm not sure if that's earlier for SCEE or the end users.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Bish has verified me on this one.

So the SCEE Technote for Firmware 2.50 includes Suspend/Resume. The Technote states 2.50 is coming in April but I've heard there's a possibility it's going to come earlier, although I'm not sure if that's earlier for SCEE or the end users.
I don't see a checkmark under your name! lies lies lies

Eggbok

Its going to get delayed now til may just because it was leaked.

/s
don't kill me, put your pitchforks away pls, i'm sorry.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Delete trophies with zero percent.
Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
Share trophy details and screenshots.

YES!

DieH@rd

Banned
Very nice! I waited that feature for a long time.

So, what's special about suspend/resume? What would be a situation where you would use it?

Same as on Vita/DS/3DS. You can play game, then stop and turn the screen of the portable console off. Game waits for you when you turn the screen back on.

LX_Theo

Banned
cool

So, what's special about suspend/resume? What would be a situation where you would use it?

It means you can put your system into a sleep or rest like mode while the game is running, while also being able to start it back up in an instant.

Its a feature that makes gaming on portable devices a lot more appealing, and I can certainly see it being great for home systems.

Think of it like a smartphone being able to be put to sleep at anytime and started back up to that place with a click of a button. Now think of that feature for gaming.

A JRPG like FFX where there may be upwards of an hour between save points, but you have to turn off your PS4 before reaching the next one. Instead of just shutting the game down and starting all over again, you can put it in standby and then pick your game right back up where you left off.

OSHAN

A JRPG like FFX where there may be upwards of an hour between save points, but you have to turn off your PS4 before reaching the next one. Instead of just shutting the game down and starting all over again, you can put it in standby and then pick your game right back up where you left off.

Couldn't you just pause it? Not trying to be snarky here, I'm just curious about the benefits. Thank you.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here we request additional features.

Lossless Screenshots
Folders (make sure they're alphabetically sorted)

PC GTA and Suspend/Resume on PS4 - April is a good month for things arriving late! Happy about this though, Suspend/Resume is awesome on Vita

DieH@rd

Banned
Delete trophies with zero percent.
Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
Share trophy details and screenshots.

YES!

ooo mmm gggg

If SharePlay switches to 60fps, that means Remote Play is not that far behind!

I wish we had an option to share screenshots directly to the 'What's New' page. And I'd also really love notifications for when people upload videos to YT (they show up on the 'What's New' page, but it doesn't tell you they're there).

Couldn't you just pause it? Not trying to be snarky here, I'm just curious about the benefits. Thank you.

Yes but lets say its the evening and you want to go to sleep youre working all day the next day. Most people won't want to leave their PS4 running for 24 hours straight until they can play again

mattp

...that's the ENTIRE point

you can suspend your game without having to leave your system running while it's paused

Justified

7Axw5oQ.gif

Top Bottom