• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.51 will be out today

Vashetti

Banned
Update:
And now Sony’s site has removed any mention of update 2.51, replacing it back with the info for update 2.50.

It’s now possible the listing for 2.51 was a mistake, but if Sony does end up releasing a new PS4 firmware update today, we’ll let you know.

ps4251-555x250.png

While heading to the System Software Update section on your PlayStation 4 console is met with the message “the latest version of the system software is already installed,” Sony is saying that firmware update 2.51 is launching today.

As you can see in the above image, their official PS4 System Update page says, “An update to the PlayStation 4 system software was released on April 16, 2015. You can use this to update your system software to version 2.51.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/04/16/sony-says-ps4-update-2-51-will-available-today/

netguy503

I imagine it's gonna all be stability updates for another six months.

Not really because didn't they say we would have the ability to use the PS4 camera to host private video chat rooms in Q2 of this year? What ever happened to that. I hope this is the update or that that one is soon.

I can't see E3 week going by without a big system update personally.

DeviantBoi

Hopefully it fixed that stupid Destiny glitch. When you tried joining the fireteam of a chat member, it would take you to the store.

Or maybe that was fixed with the Destiny patch earlier this week.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh please fix that power saving notification that pops up every time I cold boot the damn thing.

noomi

it will probably be a while before we see another major update guys. 3.0 probably.

Still want

- Media over USB
- Friends Notifications
- Uncompressed Videos to USB
- Uhh... media remote?

antitrop

Am I a complete fucking idiot for having immediately thinking that this looks cruel, even though its very obviously a robot?

I don't know about a "fucking idiot", but it is a bit strange to have empathy for non-living things.

That's how Skynet will become self-aware.

boskee

Update:

And now Sony’s site has removed any mention of update 2.51, replacing it back with the info for update 2.50.

It’s now possible the listing for 2.51 was a mistake, but if Sony does end up releasing a new PS4 firmware update today, we’ll let you know.

Fbh

"Sir, the bosses want a new update this week"
"What? But we don't have anything!, we just released the whole suspend/resume thing like 2 weeks ago!!!!"
"I told them that but they say the users are complaining that Xbox is getting more frequent updates"
"Damn it. Hey Brian!, how are the friend notifications comming along?"
"Well after a year and a half of coding I think I'm finally halfway done. Things should move faster now but it's still going to take me another 8-9 months"
"Well screw it. Jake, just go give them some random 300mb file. Tell them it's stability"
"But sir, do you think they are still buying the whole stability crap?"
"Probably. If anyone complains just tell them it's twice the amount of stability than usual"

"Sir, the bosses want a new update this week"
"What? But we don't have anything!, we just released the whole suspend/resume thing like 2 weeks ago!!!!"
"I told them that but they say they say users are complaining that Xbox is getting more frequent updates"
"Damn it. Hey Brian!, how are the friend notifications comming along?"
"Well after a year and a half of coding I think I'm finally halfway done. Things should move faster now but still going to take me another 8-9 months"
"Well screw it. Jake, just go give them some random 300mb file. Tell them it's stability"
"But sir, do you think they are still buying the whole stability crap?"
"Probably. If anyone complains just tell them it's twice the amount of stability than usual"

I don't doubt that that is close to the truth

EDIT: They caught on. RIP Jake

bombshell

Fixed :)

Sony should allow people to turn off their PS4 by simply pressing power button or at least reduce the time of holding power button to 3 or 5 seconds.

You should NOT do that. It's a forced shutdown.

If you want the power button to turn off the PS4, you need to disable all rest mode settings.

Top Bottom