• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

EvB

Wow. Sony is absolutely KILLING it with the PS4. This sounds amazing.

Do we actually know that this DOESN'T also apply to games that already benefit from PRO patches? Not all PRO patches are made the same, so unless they specifically block this boost mode on games with PRO patches, I can see it helping those games as well.

Can't wait to see exactly how this works and what it works with. Need me a PRO asap.

We don't know

But given that the hardware features of the Pro are essentitally

a 14% Faster GPU
an extra GPU.
a 30% faster CPU
and 500mb more RAM for games
Then some new AMD Polaris features and some additional Sony hardware.

and PS4 games that were unpatched had no access to anything.
I'd suspect the 14% extra GPU clock, the 30% CPU and the RAM all become avaiable with Boost mode.

However, for the 2nd GPU and the new Polaris features, the game needs to be "coded to the metal" or patched to make use of them

Audioboxer

Bloodborne and Killzone run great on PC.

image.php

good ava quote, had to

DjRalford

Finally got my code from the PS beta program, they said we'd all be automatically included so I knew it was just a matter of time.

Downloading now.

Loudninja

I bought the game solely based on that article.

If what I played is 'patched', I never want to see the unpatched version. There's a flooded jungle stage later in the game which ran at 10 FPS through out.

This is one of the rare few games I sold without finishing it. I didn't even bother youtubing the ending, it's THAT bad.

Excellent, also holy shit Amateur PS4 frame rate is that bad ? I finished the game back on PS3, didn't notice that bad frame rate on PS3.
Oh i know, Its still really really bad, trust me.

Damn lol.

Is a good game to try then!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm going to wait for DF to put out some videos. I remember some of the "experts" here swore up and down that No Man's Sky was 60fps.

VariantX

Digital foundry is salivating right now.

Seriously, this. Do you know how much content they get to go back through and run comparisons on again now that theres a new variable to test? It's a goldmine for them. I wish I could have gotten in, I would love to see how boost mode improves my games.

NandoGip

Bloodborne and Killzone run great on PC.
I know right. We've had 60 FPS Bloodborne there for years... oh wait

No need to be so defensive jeez.

All I'm saying is that if you appreciate top notch graphics and frame rate, PC would be so much better.

Not trying to start a pc vs. console war (I love console games, Destiny, etc.). I'm just saying that getting a PC if graphics matter pays off.

Mung

All I'm saying is that if you appreciate top notch graphics and frame rate, PC would be so much better.

Not trying to start a pc vs. console war (I love console games, Destiny, etc.). I'm just saying that getting a PC if graphics matter pays off.

But I don't want the drawbacks of PC. Such as using Windows (ewww)

What do you need to get in the Beta anyway? Do you need to activate any option saying "I want to be part of it" so that they can send you invites?

timmyp53

What do you need to get in the Beta anyway? Do you need to activate any option saying "I want to be part of it" so that they can send you invites?
You have to opt in for mailing list so you can get emails of that nature as well as actually signing up for the beta.

Marmelade

And like it's already been said, no matter how good the PC it won't play console exclusives

Top Bottom