• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 and PSVR 2.40 releases March 9th

holygeesus

Banned
Are you talking about how screenshots are taken like half a second after you press the button?

If so, that is an issue on the original PS4 as well, and yes, it's very annoying.

Still seems slow to me in Beta 4. The notification is slow to pop up at least.

Still seems slow to me in Beta 4. The notification is slow to pop up at least.

The notification pops up way after the screenshot is taken. I've also turned that off.

Putting the share button functionality to single press for screenshots make them happen pretty much immediately from my experience.

Here's hoping they fix the slow ass share button on the Pro.

Wait, is this a thing on the pro?

The notification pops up way after the screenshot is taken. I've also turned that off.

Putting the share button functionality to single press for screenshots make them happen pretty much immediately from my experience.

Screenshot takes like 20 seconds sometimes.

d9b

Banned
Are you taking 1080p jpg or 4K png screenshots?

If it's 4K png, that stuff needs to be processed I would imagine, so it can't be instantaneous.

Fisty

Are you taking 1080p jpg or 4K png screenshots?

If it's 4K png, that stuff needs to be processed I would imagine, so it can't be instantaneous.

Yeah also the notification pops up later than the shot is actually taken so the notification won't be on the screenshot. In my experience it doesn't always pop up immediately after the shot

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is this about external drives causing games to skip?

What games does this happen on? I've played quite a few games installed on my MyPassport 4 gig external, and haven't seen this yet...

Kilau

What is this about external drives causing games to skip?

What games does this happen on? I've played quite a few games installed on my MyPassport 4 gig external, and haven't seen this yet...

Maybe the controllers in some external enclosures are causing the drives to power down interfering with data streaming.

Kaiken

Banned

Just got the Pro a couple weeks ago and it was the first issue I noticed right away. Holding to take a screen shot takes several seconds. Even just pushing the share button takes a couple seconds for the menu to pop up then another couple seconds to finally push square to save a video.

Andrefpvs

Even with the notification turned off and 1080p jpg screenshots, and with Easy Screenshots turned on, taking a screenshot still takes like half a second after pressing the button. This is very noticeable in fast-paced games.

Ahasverus

Yep, if that's not fixed here it should be a priority for the next FW update. I didn't know taking a screenshot took so long.

HvySky

Fuck yeah. Boost mode is the reason I bought a Pro, and I've got a 2tb external waiting to go bumping me up to 4tb total. Can't wait to have literally everything installed, even if I don't care about playing it.

pahamrick

Got a 2TB WD My Passport external, and I've played several games off it with no skipping problems. (Horizon, Yakuza 0 to name a couple).

So at the very least, these drives are working fine.

Hoping the full release fixes my picture issue on the pro. Every ten minutes or so no matter whether gaming, watching video or anything I get kind of like a separation of colours on screen that's lasts for like a second then goes back to normal. Blurry mess of colours kind of thing.

Swass

Not sure the firmware is ready for prime time.. still having random crashes in games and plex crashes on launch almost every time I run it.. still haven't fixed the weird issue where it sometimes doesn't see a retail game in the drive unless you shutdown and reboot. I've reported all of these problems since beta 2 and still not fixed so here's hoping the release does.

magawolaz

Even with the notification turned off and 1080p jpg screenshots, and with Easy Screenshots turned on, taking a screenshot still takes like half a second after pressing the button. This is very noticeable in fast-paced games.
EDIT: wait, I thought you were talking about something else. Yeah, there's a little delay between pressing the button and saving the screenshot, I believe it's because the system needs to check if you're about to press a second time to start recording a clip.

Hale-XF11

I'm not sure that what a customer service rep says counts as confirmation of a firmware release. I mean, service reps say all kinds of things all the time that never actually come true. Thread title seems premature without official confirmation.

Solobbos

I'm not sure that what a customer service rep says counts as confirmation of a firmware release. I mean, service reps say all kinds of things all the time that never actually come true. Thread title seems premature without official confirmation.

It happens tomorrow. You have my word.

SMD

Is there any difference between the rear USB port and the front two when it comes to plugging in an external hard disk?

I... half a second is an issue? I mean, that allows time for the press to be recorded then tell the OS to grab what is currently in the framebuffer. That's more or less normal and to be expected from this sort of thing. I have noticed for the past couple of years that some games do it faster than others for fairly obvious reasons, but I've never had issues capturing decent shots.

Vashetti

Banned

Tuesday is always firmware day.

There was a new update every week on the beta, except beta 4 (the current one) which has been going for two weeks now.

Devil

Is there a way to download and install FW updates with an USB stick?

My PS4 Pro is currently not home and can't connect to the internet. But I'm home on weekends and would like to get the update without bringing the console with me.

d9b

Banned
Is there any difference between the rear USB port and the front two when it comes to plugging in an external hard disk?

Rear USB is handy for hiding your external HardDrive, so you don't have wire hanging from the front.

hitme

QMJrm6X.gif

I'm ready.

Top Bottom