• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

release-the-kraken-template-500js031710-e1270502682626.jpg

I hope it won't be very limited supply.

Valkyria

Banned
Oh please 2013 release. I have no clue were the fuck will I be living be the end of the year, but it will be in Europe almost for certain.

Ikkarus

This essentially confirms the PS4 will be in the UK for 2013! Happy days! Hopefully this extends to all of SCEE land.

HooYaH

A giant enemy one?

Depends on the dimensions of the Ad.

It is quite amazing Sony is advertising with just the controller so far. I do like whoever the new marketing team that Sony hired. The Press Conference designs were nice and not dark and moody.

Aeana

Think I'll finally put down a preorder today. Was hesitating, thinking I might import, but if things are solidifying a bit...

If I were in your position, I would probably wait to see if it's region free or not. Well, that's what I'm doing anyway.

It has to in the uk, i would say its around 60/40 in ms favour atm.

If Sony keep online gaming free and launch at the same price and same timeframe as MS there won't be much of a competition. Unless MS buy Premier League rights or something completely out of the blue then Sony will make short work of MS going by the current hype levels. This gen MS only had a chance because they were 18 months late and over £100 more expensive at launch.

"Players" "Play" "Players"

Not "Consumers", not "CAWWNTENT", not "TV", Sony are playing up the fact that it's a console, and they've seemingly moved away from the "Computer Entertainment branding".

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
If Sony keep online gaming free and launch at the same price and same timeframe as MS there won't be much of a competition. Unless MS buy Premier League rights or something completely out of the blue then Sony will make short work of MS going by the current hype levels. This gen MS only had a chance because they were 18 months late and over £100 more expensive at launch.

This fact seems to be disregarded by most people. Sony's ridiculous launch was to blame for loss of marketshare more than anything else.

sakipon

"Players" "Play" "Players"

Not "Consumers", not "CAWWNTENT", not "TV", Sony are playing up the fact that it's a console.

As they should. Now we only need more information regarding used games and whether online play remains free. It's starting to look good for Sony... Then again, it is Sonyland we're talking about.

Yeah PS3 launched in March 2007 and at £425 in the UK, crazy price. Took a good while to get momentum going after that.

This is great news. Bet retailers are happy too. Now, the pricing...

Ikkarus

You have to consider the fact that the people most likely to buy this on launch will be gamers so it makes sense in a lot of ways to advertise accordingly.

The whole "all in one" home entertainment piece whilst important isn't the primary goal at the moment, most likely because the upgrade from a PS3 to a PS4 from that prospective isn't that much of a leap.

Colour me excited though! As soon as the price is confirmed I'll be heading to Amazon to pre-order!

You have to consider the fact that the people most likely to buy this on launch will be gamers so it makes sense in a lot of ways to advertise accordingly.

The whole "all in one" home entertainment piece whilst important isn't the primary goal at the moment, most likely because the upgrade from a PS3 to a PS4 from that prospective isn't that much of a leap.

Colour me excited though! As soon as the price is confirmed I'll be heading to Amazon to pre-order!

Indeed. And there are loads of cheap TV streaming boxes around, so it makes perfect sense for Sony to push the gaming aspect first and foremost.

Wynnebeck

Banned
What has the current climate been in the UK about the PS4 and Xbone for all of our UK Gaffers? What's the general feel for the consoles?

Gorillaz

damn....I remember hearing how much of a hassle it is just for US/Japan releases.

They are really doubling down on this. That first month NPD from them will be chaos.

Top Bottom