• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BxWuDkm.png

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/19/new-ps4-update-add-share-enhancements-hdcp/

New PS4 update to add SHARE enhancements and HDCP Off
Big new firmware update due in the coming weeks – find out what’s included

Here at PlayStation, we listen closely to your comments and requests, which are weighted heavily when looking at the future of our platforms. Since PlayStation 4 launched, we’ve heard a lot of great feedback from you about what you like with the platform and what you’d like to see us work on.

I’m happy to report that, as a direct result of your feedback, we’ll soon be bringing some of your most-requested features to PS4 with a system software update in the upcoming weeks. These features and additions will help make your PS4 even more socially connected by further enabling you to customise your most epic gaming moments and granting even more options to show them to your friends.

This upcoming update will add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalise your video clips, and you’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive. In addition, this update will add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI, a feature we’ve previously said would come after launch.

We recognise that some gamers want to record and share longer clips of their gameplay sessions, and we’re excited to deliver this option with PS4. There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more — there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features. These broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p, so PS4 fans can enjoy live broadcasts with clearer images. We’ll have more to come on these updates and more in the coming weeks.

The bitching about the lack of news worked!

EDIT: Looks like light bar dimming might also be included in this update:
Most of these features were leaked on the 5th so we should be getting light bar dimming too.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/ps4-firmware-update-1-61.1855953/page-5#post-20421942

EDIT 2: Preloading too?

EDIT 3: Light Bar dimming confirmed.

AhAxZai.png

MMaRsu

Banned
NOOOOOO MP3 SUPPORT YET FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SONY

I honestly do not care about a single one of those features.

And now I am sad :(

The Llama

720p streams? Awesome. They're ~600p now, right?

Really curious about the video editor too. I wonder how "rich" it'll be.

Prezhulio

Sounds good, I don't think ill use these features but they are improvements.

Really wish they'd give an update on suspend mode. I love that feature on Xbone, even if it breaks the game 1/3 of the time.

Loudninja

Here at PlayStation, we listen closely to your comments and requests, which are weighted heavily when looking at the future of our platforms. Since PlayStation 4 launched, we’ve heard a lot of great feedback from you about what you like with the platform and what you’d like to see us work on. I’m happy to report that, as a direct result of your feedback, we’ll soon be bringing some of your most-requested features to PS4 with a system software update in the upcoming weeks. These features and additions will help make your PS4 even more socially connected by further enabling you to customize your most epic gaming moments and granting even more options to show them to your friends.

This upcoming update will add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalize your video clips, and you’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive. In addition, this update will add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI, a feature we’ve previously said would come after launch. We recognize that some gamers want to record and share longer clips of their gameplay sessions, and we’re excited to deliver this option with PS4. There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more—there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features. These broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p, so PS4 fans can enjoy live broadcasts with clearer images. We’ll have more to come on these updates and more in the coming weeks.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...dd-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off/#sf2229152

quest

Not Banned from OT
That sucks that they are working on streaming or sharing videos over other basic functions. I have no interest in those functions but happy for those who do.

cjp

There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more — there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

Before the flood of complaints.

Vashetti

Banned
Just as we're all complaining in the 1.62 thread yesterday, lol

Finally some great features, PS EU Blog says there are more unannounced features in the update to come.

The Llama

Sounds good, I don't think ill use these features but they are improvements.

Really wish they'd give an update on suspend mode. I love that feature on Xbone, even if it breaks the game 1/3 of the time.

I had no idea that was a thing. I wonder if its been causing similar problems on the PS4, which is why its taking so long for them to give us the feature. What kind of problems are there with it on the Xbone?

NOOOOOO MP3 SUPPORT YET FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SONY

I honestly do not care about a single one of those features.

And now I am sad :(

If it makes you feel a little bit better/tits slightly calmed: they said there are more features in the update they haven't announced yet. So...you know. It could be that.

its not. Because you want it too much

McHuj

I would like the ability to record shorter clips like xbox. Let me configure the share button so that it captures the last 30-60sec so that I don't have to hunt through a long file for that clip.

Awesome, finally.

Now all we need is twitch archiving, youtube uploading, and fixing the problems with the share button not getting the last 15 minutes of footage.

Krakn3Dfx

Would be nice for an update regarding forthcoming DLNA/MP3 support. I've had a couple of chances to pick up a 2nd PS4, and have passed on it both time because Sony can't get their ducks in a row on features that were available on the PS3 that they couldn't be bothered to bring to the PS4 at launch. We're almost into April, and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom