• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games are Interactive Movies (let's hash this low level bait out)

joe_zazen

You're describing most modern triple a games. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do you see why you guys are failing to even explain why Sony games are interactive movies and others are not?

idk, i look at the biggest games in the world and none of them have those things: fortnite BR, current CoD, LoL, Dota2, Apex, minecraft...or if they do, it is not why people pump hundreds or thousands of hours into them. I mean sure, you‘ve got games like control and gears, but those aren’t what i call big games.

Play it like it was intended? All you need to do is click everything with your mouse! And that ignores the XCOM example entirely! Also that's a bad comparison, Ryse is far more simple and far more of a QTE fest than TLOU which even changes up what type of gameplay your experiencing regularly.

For Joe, big would have to just mean the top 1% for that idea to work. The thing is, as many players as those games get there's a good reason why the devs don't dump the millions into developing them Sony does into their games. It's like arguing Big Bang Theory gets way more viewers than a big blockbuster at the theaters does, anyone with a TV can watch Big Bang Theory but it's a 10 dollar entry fee (approx.) for the big movie. Same thing here, you mostly list free to play games in comparison to 60 dollar experiences.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It doesn't. Even with the multiplayer, which is clearly not the main focus of the series, the gameplay still doesn't rise up to much. Which you try to bring up again later with that laughable linear upgrade tree.

Story is always the main focus of most games, even Gears, Resident Evil, Halo.

Want to keep trying to make a point that you don't have? You're basically getting desperate at this point.

Never mind, we're back to this.

Still can't offer a rebuttal. You're deflecting at a high rate. lol

Technically no, since RE2 also has a crafting system.

I'm referring to Gears and Halo.

That is absolutely not how this works and it's the whole crux of your argument. You try to find things that TLOU tries to do that those SPECIFIC two games don't and claim. "Well, this is why my game is more complex"
Do you hear yourself? Do you understand why your logic is flawed?

No, do YOU hear yourself. LOOK at what you posted.

For the player, you're still just mashing X to do shit.
The last of us is NOT made to be a deep mechanically driven game. And that is fine, you don't have to claim it is. It's a game with a focus on the Hollywood story with very basic gameplay concepts disguised with animation techniques to make it more flashy.

You cannot tell people it was not made to be deep mechanically driven game or even say the gameplay is very basic. If the gameplay is mechanically deeper than a lot of triple a games, then yes, you have to compare it.

You're literally just moving goalpost.

You guys are failing badly to prove your point. You guys offered no real rebuttal other than to say, "it's not a deep game."

I've gone into detail and you guys haven't.

Bryank75

Banned
Some people in this topic are clearly trolling...

Gameplay and combat in this "heavy story games" is fucking ace. (Or just very good)

Horizon
Spiderman
Infamous rushed son
Gow
Ratchet and clank
Tlou
Uncharted 4 (general gunplay and movements are great, too bad the game is a borefest for other reason)

Of course if people play these games at easy or normal they can look or feel simple or without any deep because you can beat everything with button smashing.

Horizon on ultra hard or gow at the latest 2 difficulty levels are some of the best gameplay experience of this gen for me, don't bullshit me with this no gameplay narrative...

Even the just acceptable days gone is crazy fun when you fight against the giant hordes of zombies at high difficulty (even negative reviews admit that)

Spiderman has the best freeflow combat iteration of any games (personally not a fun of this style of combat, but spidey is the only one that i enjoyed recently) and one of the best traversal system in an open world game.

Exactly, you are absolutely on point here IMO.

The only game I had a real issue with was UC4 also and I must admit to giving IGN a hard time about their review before I even played it. But the improvements in gunplay and traversal etc were just paved over by the bad pacing. Too many walking sections and 'search the area' type stuff.

I also think it gave a bad reputation to the other games that didn't deserve that label.
As you say, the rest of the games are incredibly gameplay heavy and I believe the love that Sunset Overdrive gets from the core Xbox community is more representative of what they would think of PlayStation games if the bias was taken out. But not only the xbox guys...PC and Nintendo too.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
idk, i look at the biggest games in the world and none of them have those things: fortnite BR, current CoD, LoL, Dota2, Apex, minecraft...or if they do, it is not why people pump hundreds or thousands of hours into them. I mean sure, you‘ve got games like control and gears, but those aren’t what i call big games.

Fortnite, LoL, Dota, Apex, Minecraft are not triple a games. They have gone on to gross so much money, but they were not designed as triple a games with big productions.

Now you move the goalpost like the other guy.

The new CoD will have a story more which will have single player narrative.

Gears has one
Halo has one
Assassin Creed has it
Red Dead Redemption 2
Destiny 2
Battlefield
Star Wars games

You guys are reaching if you try to single out PlayStation games.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah they even call them interactive movies(check the video i've posted in the first page), so in fact they're that.

They call them interactive movies because you're playing the story.

People on here call them interactive movies because people don't consider them games.

So no, they don't support what people are saying here.

Helios

Want to keep trying to make a point that you don't have? You're basically getting desperate at this point.

Still can't offer a rebuttal. You're deflecting at a high rate. lol

I'm referring to Gears and Halo.

No, do YOU hear yourself. LOOK at what you posted.

You cannot tell people it was not made to be deep mechanically driven game or even say the gameplay is very basic. If the gameplay is mechanically deeper than a lot of triple a games, then yes, you have to compare it.

You're literally just moving goalpost.

You guys are failing badly to prove your point. You guys offered no real rebuttal other than to say, "it's not a deep game."

I've gone into detail and you guys haven't.
This is absolutely useless. You keep comparing TLOU to other games when it fits your agenda and think that's how you prove the game has deep mechanics. What an absolute waste of my time.

This is absolutely useless. You keep comparing TLOU to other games when it fits your agenda and think that's how you prove the game has deep mechanics. What an absolute waste of my time.

Maybe you need to explain what the threshold for deep is, then? Personally I think the mechanics argument is besides the point, depth in gameplay doesn't only come from mechanics.

Does people calling Sony games "interactive movies" somehow remove or block the enjoyment you get from playing them?

No? It doesn't?

Oh.

If we wanna be technical, all single player games are interactive movies because they all have a pre-determined ending scripted and locked in by the developers. Even the ones with "multiple endings" because each of those endings have predetermined actions that must be fulfilled to get said ending. Seems like something that doesn't really require getting angry about but I'm a peasant so yea.

Shifty

This thread is what we call "painting a target on one's own face".

lol you what

Halo maybe has a leg to stand on thanks to the deep Bungie lore, but Resident Evil's story is a B-movie in game form and Gears' is a vehicle for neckless dudes to crouch behind stuff and shoot bad guys while spouting action flick one-liners.

The story does not become a 'main focus' because you spend the whole game moving through it. That's every campaign ever.

Maybe you need to explain what the threshold for deep is, then? Personally I think the mechanics argument is besides the point, depth in gameplay doesn't only come from mechanics.
Do elaborate.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I'm comparing games with similar style of gameplay elements.

If you consider the last of us weak in the gameplay department, then that means you have to consider other games with less gameplay mechanics weak, too.

I don't know why that's difficult for you to understand.

Next time if you want to debate with me about a topic, then come prepared. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Does people calling Sony games "interactive movies" somehow remove or block the enjoyment you get from playing them?

No? It doesn't?

Oh.

If we wanna be technical, all single player games are interactive movies because they all have a pre-determined ending scripted and locked in by the developers. Even the ones with "multiple endings" because each of those endings have predetermined actions that must be fulfilled to get said ending. Seems like something that doesn't really require getting angry about but I'm a peasant so yea.

Kinda making our point for us but not getting why the point is relevant. If you can do it to all single player games why is Sony the main target?

lol you what

Halo maybe has a leg to stand on thanks to the deep Bungie lore, but Resident Evil's story is a B-movie in game form and Gears' is a vehicle for neckless dudes to crouch behind stuff and shoot bad guys while spouting action flick one-liners.

The story does not become a 'main focus' because you spend the whole game moving through it. That's every campaign ever.

Do elaborate.

I have elaborated in past posts, there's nothing to the mechanics in Halo for instance, besides certain guns you don't even have ADS, you just point and shoot, throw grenades and melee. The depth isn't from these mechanics, the depth is from the enemy AI, difficulty and open sandboxes that allow multiple ways to handle the fights.

Zaffo

Reporting you for low effort bait. Especially since I've been praising Gears and Halo in some of my posts.
No, it's pages people failing to explain why it's an interactive movie.

Case and point, you guys are not changing people mind with your angry post, and you are not changing people experiences with those games.
Try and enjoy the medium for a change, there are better reasons to be angry on the internet than your favourite piece of interactive entertainment being called a movie.

Last edited:

yodine53

They call them interactive movies because you're playing the story.

People on here call them interactive movies because people don't consider them games.

So no, they don't support what people are saying here.
Exactly. Different meanings, but at the end if they want to call them this way then who are we to contradict them?

Helios

Next time if you want to debate with me about a topic, then come prepared. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Rfocv8w.gif

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You can't put a seal that "PS4 games are interactive movies" and that's it, but the consoles has a lot of it, and games should be way more about gameplay than nice cutscenes. At least we have lots of nice games for it. But if you're in favor of just nice cutscenes, watch a damn movie.

Also, Sony itself said that "games works as art and should be threat like a movie" or something like that, so they know what they do.

Just because a game has simple mechanics doesn't mean it's shallow if that was the case Hyper Deminsion Neptunia would be the most complex and deep game on the planet.
Also a lot of this thread seems to boil to West BAD Japan GOOD, and in some cases Uncharted BAD Gears GOOD.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

lol you what

Do elaborate.

Story is the main focus of many games.

Without a story you have no plot.

Without a story, you have characters with no purpose.

8 hour journey through the story isn't some overthought. Even thought a game like Gears has a competitive scene, a lot of time was put into the actual story.

If I write a story for a character to travel through dangerous worlds, then I have to create all those worlds, characters, dialog, cutscenes, etc. A lot of elements in many games carry over to the second game.

This argument is only made by anti-sony consumers. Who are going to use any excuse to shit on sony. So why get riled up due to people who you know don't like Sony in the first place?

I was trying to find common ground and explain why it's such a false statement to some of us. I wasn't starting from the idea of "everyone who says this is a troll" because I wanted to think more of people.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Quantity of mechanics does not correlate with quality of gameplay. Weak gotcha, bro.

Where did I say it correlates with the quality of gameplay?

The claim is that the gameplay was VERY BASIC.

A gameplay with deep mechanics cannot be considered very basic.

I was trying to find common ground and explain why it's such a false statement to some of us. I wasn't starting from the idea of "everyone who says this is a troll" because I wanted to think more of people.
I'm mainly an xbox player and I only use my playsation for console exclusives. TLOU was one of my favorite games of that gen, but it is a scripted game (as a number of games on all systems are when it comes to campaign based games with levels and a story). Halo was scripted. Gears of War is scripted. God of War is scripted. I think the biggest issue here is you are taking "interactive movie" as some sort of negative term or connotation....no one wants to watch a shitty movie, no one wants to play a shitty interactive movie. TLOU was a great interactive movie...cuz ya know...that's kind of what single player games are. The ability to control a character and experience a series of scripted events. Unlike a non-interactive movie....where you have no control or input.

Exactly, you are absolutely on point here IMO.

The only game I had a real issue with was UC4 also and I must admit to giving IGN a hard time about their review before I even played it. But the improvements in gunplay and traversal etc were just paved over by the bad pacing. Too many walking sections and 'search the area' type stuff.

I also think it gave a bad reputation to the other games that didn't deserve that label.
As you say, the rest of the games are incredibly gameplay heavy and I believe the love that Sunset Overdrive gets from the core Xbox community is more representative of what they would think of PlayStation games if the bias was taken out. But not only the xbox guys...PC and Nintendo too.
Uncharted 4 has pacing problems and i didn't like quite as much as 1-3 when i first played it in 2016 but on my recent playthrough on Hard i enjoyed from start to finish to the point i started another playthrough Crushing immediately after.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Case and point, you guys are not changing people mind with your angry post, and you are not changing people experiences with those games.
Try and enjoy the medium for a change, there are better reasons to be angry on the internet than your favourite piece of interactive entertainment being called a movie.

You're on a thread that's discussing the topic of an interactive movie. I simply asked for an explanation. I'm not getting mad, It's funny that people on here can't explain why. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Birdo

Banned
Can you tell me of many games that don't have some time of high tension, less tension/exploration loop? I mean, even the Ubisoft (and pretty much all open world games) have that. You play a bit, get in a fight, explore the world (well, walk up to the next map pointer), get some more action, maybe trigger some cut scene? Even Doom 2016, Half Life 2, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, the Halo games, etc. are all in this very broad category. Unless you reach for Tetris or some racing game there is always a level of action + pacing in a game, even the 2d old school ones.

There is more to it, obviously. But I didn't really want to write a master's thesis in a forum post.

Take your example of Doom '16 or Half Life 2. The level structure is almost identical to the Uncharted formula. But the reason it never feels like an "interactive movie", is because control is never taken away from the player. Even during story segments. You are always playing and not watching.

The word "Playing" being paramount to a "Game".

I also want to point out that calling a game an "Interactive movie" isn't an insult or a bad thing. It's just to point out that some games rely more on the player watching and experiencing a story, than traditional 100% gameplay. It's also fine that some people like it and some don't.

Helios

I'm comparing games with similar style of gameplay elements.

If you consider the last of us weak in the gameplay department, then that means you have to consider other games with less gameplay mechanics weak, too.

I don't know why that's difficult for you to understand.

Right, now that I've finished my game:
You're insane if you think after spending one page trying to get anything out of you that I'm going to spend another page trying to make you understand why comparing apples and oranges while ignoring all of the oranges up-sides is the dumbest possible way to think about this.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Right, now that I've finished my game:
You're insane if you think after spending one page trying to get anything out of you that I'm going to spend another page trying to make you understand why comparing apples and oranges while ignoring all of the oranges up-sides is the dumbest possible way to think about this.

Well, our discussion is over. You tried to exclude MP mechanics from the game after stating it was not designed to have deep mechanics.

Yes, there's no reason to continue if you want to do this.

Bryank75

Banned
It's funny how when Detroit went to PC there was a frenzy to play it and loads of positivity.

Again recently when PSNow went to PC, the same people were tripping over themselves saying how great GOW was and that the service was brilliant and had no lag.

I mean there is so much bias behind these hyperbolic statement s that they are impossible to take seriously and are just an annoyance and negative distraction from gaming actually progressing in a positive way.

Shifty

I have elaborated in past posts, there's nothing to the mechanics in Halo for instance, besides certain guns you don't even have ADS, you just point and shoot, throw grenades and melee. The depth isn't from these mechanics, the depth is from the enemy AI, difficulty and open sandboxes that allow multiple ways to handle the fights.
I'll concede on level design since that's what mechanics and gameplay are framed in, though I'd argue difficulty is the product of a game's mechanics.

But AI is absolutely a mechanic- it's a mechanism that drives gameplay. Halo in particular- its core is fairly simple as you say, but it's the interplay between the AI and the player toolkit that creates 'the dance' people go on about when discussing its combat.

The AI isn't even a necessary part of the overall mechanism in Halo's case, since 'the dance' is still very much present in the PvP multiplayer mode.

Story is the main focus of many games.

Without a story you have no plot.

Without a story, you have characters with no purpose.

8 hour journey through the story isn't some overthought. Even thought a game like Gears has a competitive scene, a lot of time was put into the actual story.

If I write a story for a character to travel through dangerous worlds, then I have to create all those worlds, characters, dialog, cutscenes, etc. A lot of elements in many games carry over to the second game.
That does nothing to explain why story is a main focus though. Unless a game is arcade or strictly multiplayer, you need one in order to give the player something to do with the game mechanics. It's standard-issue for any game that doesn't have an existing structure to play off of.

Bryank75

Banned
Uncharted 4 has pacing problems and i didn't like quite as much as 1-3 when i first played it in 2016 but on my recent playthrough on Hard i enjoyed from start to finish to the point i started another playthrough Crushing immediately after.
I'm gonna play through again once I finish the last few missions in MGSV. I'll get back to you on it.... I loved the gunfights but there weren't enough and the difficulty spike at the end seemed a bit abrupt.

demigod

Sony Defence force is triggered af. Haha pathetic.

Why don’t you do the same for Xbox though? There are so many bullshit threads going on about Xbox, then THIS IS OK FOR YOU.

GOD FORBID somebody say ANYTHING against your PlayStation. Then you lose your goddamn mind.

Seriously, STOP sucking Sony’s cock, STOP IT STOOOP IT and get a life.

Daaaamn, ya'll see the ban message? Hilarious.

Silent Duck

Here’s the official word from someone more qualified than anyone in this thread (myself included).

4nAN3Zm.jpg

Disclaimer: Martin Scorsese may or may not have said this quote.
Martin Scorsese may or may not have ever thought this statement.
Martin Scorsese takes no responsibility for any butt hurt resulting from said quote.

Zaffo

You're on a thread that's discussing the topic of an interactive movie. I simply asked for an explanation. I'm not getting mad, It's funny that people on here can't explain why. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lots of people have given you their explanations and opinions, including myself a couple pages ago, you just quote them accusing of being fanboys while sneaking in some hot takes about exclusives from the competition.
Dialogue doesn't work if you regard your opinion as the only correct one, if you are unable to accept another human being point of view it's just a shouting match.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
That does nothing to explain why story is a main focus though. Unless a game is arcade or strictly multiplayer, you need one in order to give the player something to do with the game mechanics. It's standard-issue for any game that doesn't have an existing structure to play off of.

I'll use the Last of Us Part II as an example.

The game has been in development for 5 years.

They showed gameplay footage at E3 2018, which looks just about the same as it does today (with minor adjustments, of course).

Do you think most of the time was spent on the gameplay mechanics or the story?

Neil Drunkman co-wrote the story and all of that has to be made in the game, which includes the environment, characters and music.

I'm mainly an xbox player and I only use my playsation for console exclusives. TLOU was one of my favorite games of that gen, but it is a scripted game (as a number of games on all systems are when it comes to campaign based games with levels and a story). Halo was scripted. Gears of War is scripted. God of War is scripted. I think the biggest issue here is you are taking "interactive movie" as some sort of negative term or connotation....no one wants to watch a shitty movie, no one wants to play a shitty interactive movie. TLOU was a great interactive movie...cuz ya know...that's kind of what single player games are. The ability to control a character and experience a series of scripted events. Unlike a non-interactive movie....where you have no control or input.

But people do use it as a negative. I think the ideas your discussing are complex, ever since the original Mario Bros. for NES story has mattered in games, did you have as much REASON to go after Bowser if he hadn't kidnapped the Princess? A narrative reason to do the things the game lets you do is almost always included in a game. When you get into games like Minecraft you often find the people most invested are creating their own narratives to invest themselves. As humans we need reasons for the things we do no matter how much we can enjoy them divorced of such reasons. I guess the difference between narrative gaming and I guess regular gaming is how thin those reasons are and usually this means substituting the narrative reasons for other reasons like high scores, achievements/trophies, leveling up, etc. Destiny is a huge game at this point but the narrative tends to fail players each DLC, though the lore keeps people invested all the same, still would it survive without pursuits to go after like specific weapons, conquering specific modes, new emblems, triumphs, etc.?? The game is chock full of reasons to keep playing regardless of a poor narrative. The worst parts of the game to most are the story missions because it's where the story is most in your face and since the story is poor and poorly told it makes those sections a true chore to experience.

Setting aside the debate about who does cover shooting better between Gears and Uncharted the debate over who does story better, to most people, is settled. Though personally I find both games lacking in story I find Uncharted excels in how it TELLS the story and how much of it is told using gameplay. Both tell stories that are relatively dull for me, but the believable characters, animations and amazing scripted segments engenders me to care more in Uncharted than Gears. It's a leg up without having to prove one has better shooting mechanics, AI or so forth. But personally I do find Uncharted combat superior, because you're mobility is better, enemies are less bullet spongey and react more to being shot, there's more verticality and bigger arenas to fight in. A good comparison that comes to mind is the helicopter battle in Uncharted 2 vs the one in Gears 5, the Gears 5 one is embarrassing by comparison and feels up to the level of say 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand at best. Gears 5 is at it's worst when making me fight a boss enemy because the gameplay just isn't well suited to you having to run around an environment and easily find cover again. It's at its best when it has a big environment with plenty of regular enemy types to deal with. Whereas Uncharted, to me, can excel in a boss battle, a set piece or a heavily gameplay focused gunfight. I don't think being good at the cinematic element is a negative to a game but it feels like it's treated as one.

When I think interactive movie I think Detroit Become Human, Telltale games, Life is Strange, Until Dawn. I don't think games that are simply linear or have a story mode. Even Dark Souls games have story but no one calls them interactive movies, even when they mimic the epic scale and dramatic music a movie might offer to sell the importance of an event. It's all shades is the thing, and there's many shades between Until Dawn and Horizon Zero Dawn. Same thing with XBOX games, I might wonder why Gears escapes the interactive movie idea while God of War and Uncharted get labelled such a way but I don't wonder why Sunset Overdrive, State of Decay 2 or Sea of Thieves escape it. Both consoles have a diversity of games that fill out those shades of grey I mentioned, Switch in comparison has nearly no cinematic experiences that aren't third party. Unless you get incredibly simple with the term and just mean the game has any sort of story/incentive for your actions. If I see fans of MP gaming, Nintendo people or so on complain PS4 is just movie games I don't think quite as much of it because to them, sure, it's closer to being a movie than their games of choice. But when it's people championing games like Gears 5, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid or whatever else I just shake my head at the hypocrisy of it.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lot's of people have given you their explanations and opinions, including myself a couple pages ago, you just quote them accusing of being fanboys while sneaking in some hot takes about exclusives from the competition.
Dialogue doesn't work if you regard your opinion as the only correct one, if you are unable to accept another human being point of view it's just a shouting match.

Saying it doesn't really focus on gameplay and that it's very basic is not an explanation.

When people have tried, they pretty much said what can be found in a lot of games today.

Saying it has little to no gameplay is not an opinion, is a false statement.

Shifty

I'll use the Last of Us Part II as an example.

The game has been in development for 5 years.

They showed gameplay footage at E3 2018, which looks just about the same as it does today (with minor adjustments, of course).

Do you think most of the time was spent on the gameplay mechanics or the story?

Neil Drunkman co-wrote the story and all of that has to be made in the game, which includes the environment, characters and music.
I mean, it's pretty obvious that TLoU is a story-focused series. That's what Naughty Dog does, and has been since they put out Uncharted 1.

What I'm not seeing is how this argument holds for most other games, including the Gears, Halo and Resi examples you stated earlier.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that TLoU is a story-focused series. That's what Naughty Dog does, and has been since they put out Uncharted 1.

What I'm not seeing is how this argument holds for most other games, including the Gears, Halo and Resi examples you stated earlier.

They've shown and talked about the larger game arenas in TLOU 2. Even going as far to say in a new interview they're trying to avoid the open world trap where the story loses urgency because you can just do some random other thing. It was hard to believe my son mattered in Fallout 4 while I'm building settlements and planting crops. Though what Druckman said about emphasizing the urgency of certain story points does lend itself to what you're saying he's saying it BECAUSE of the openness of the game and positing it as a solution to that dissonance created when you aren't paying attention to something urgent because you're in a game and don't have to.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Just about every single player campaign is story focused.

What I'm not saying is how Gears and Halo more gameplay heavy than the Last of Us. I've seen no argument or good examples other than people just saying, "It just is."

I compared games and they offer similar structures, but people still fail to prove how TLOU is somehow different.

Zaffo

Saying it doesn't really focus on gameplay and that it's very basic is not an explanation.

When people have tried, they pretty much said what can be found in a lot of games today.

Saying it has little to no gameplay is not an opinion, is a false statement.

There is lots of games nowadays that go for the cinematic presentation over solid gameplay, that's not a Sony "exclusive", nevertheless Sony first party output since the ps3 days is laser focused on the premium presentation side of the spectrum.
The "false statement" about the gameplay is your own sacred opinion, noone is going to take it away from you, but you should also consider that users who enjoy scenarios with more complex end deep gameplay, might find what games like GoW or Uncharted have to offer lacking.
For heavens sake someone in here actually draw a comparison between God of War and games like DMC and Bayonetta, making it sound like the latter ones are button mashers :messenger_face_screaming:

Top Bottom