• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games running on PS5 |OT| Because feedback is always good!

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Ataraxia

Just finished Evil Within 2 (60 FPS mode) and it played great. Oddly, the health/seizure warning at the beginning flickers and is a bit blurry but I'm not sure if that's from the game or my TV settings. Loading is so fast you often don't have time to read the game tips and story synopsis during the transition sequences.

On to Uncharted 4.

D-Dude

It's fine.

He stated in the comments:

Edwin Gawaran Calvelo
4 days ago
It runs on 60 fps. Graphics is great especially on HDR or 4K Smart TVs

For everyone here, also do searches on Youtube, as a lot of people are now starting to either stream stuff there, or upload their play sessions.

I did see his vid, but in the youtube vid it didnt look like 60fps to me.. But then it is youtube and my crosseyes :lollipop_flores:

Skifi28

I did see his vid, but in the youtube vid it didnt look like 60fps to me.. But then it is youtube and my crosseyes :lollipop_flores:

Yeah, I don't know about that. I do remember the game being locked at 30 and there hasn't been any word about a patch.

Last edited:

Shmunter

It's fine.

He stated in the comments:

Edwin Gawaran Calvelo
4 days ago
It runs on 60 fps. Graphics is great especially on HDR or 4K Smart TVs

For everyone here, also do searches on Youtube, as a lot of people are now starting to either stream stuff there, or upload their play sessions.

Metro Exodus is 60 on PS5. Can anybody vouch for this?

TLZ

Banned
For whoever cares, tried Just Cause 3 and it runs a locked 30fps so far. Wish it was 60 though.

I'll try other games later.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

Self

Did someone try out Driveclub?

Don't know if it was locked or uncapped. 60 fps would be insane on this one.

the_master

Here's my experience: US PS5 here.

FF7 RE Disc version - had initial issue of not booting, but exiting to home screen and starting again worked. Looks same, Texture issue not solved, faster loading, 30fps (seems locked)
I would love to play ffvii r in ps5 and complete hard mode.

Do we know about an incoming patch?

I was expecting this game to be one of the 100 receiving a ps5 treatment at launch

Justin9mm

I tried Resident Evil 7 this morning and didn't even have the sky glitch. I have no idea why not, maybe it's specific to a specific setting?

Otherwise I noticed no issues at all, although I don't pay attention to actual FPS, it wasn't janky in a way I noticed.
I'm about to start Resident Evil 7 soon, have had it for ages and have the PS5 now, is there any increase in performance / resolution on the PS5?

Blond

Banned
Yes very curious about the performance of XCOM2. It is the game I deliberately saved for PS5 because of the horrendous performance even on PS4 Pro.

Anecdotal but I played on my pro with a SSD and didn’t think the load times were that bad. Again, anecdotal but I played with a SSD from day 1 so many of the loading issues with plenty of games people stated were just non existent to me.

Did someone try out Driveclub?

Don't know if it was locked or uncapped. 60 fps would be insane on this one.

It's already a locked 1080p/30 fps on base PS4. The director of the game said there was improved motion blur on PS4 Pro but it's pretty subtle.

Driveclub is an extremely optimized game. The track loading is another example (really quick compared to other racers last gen)

GenericUser

Slightly off topic, but it seems you guys are knowledgeable. Can you use your ps4 saves on the ps5? I'm currently playing baldurs gate 2 on the ps4 and would like to continue playing on the ps5. Is that possible, can I transfer my saves? Are they compatible?

Last edited:

Pantz

Slightly off topic, but it seems you guys are knowledgeable. Can you use your ps4 saves on the ps5? I'm currently playing baldurs gate 2 on the ps4 and would like to continue playing on the ps5. Is that possible, can I transfer my saves? Are they compatible?

Yeah but you have to transfer them with a few different options. I couldn't figure it out at first but if you have saves in the cloud you have to manually download them to the PS5.

lachesis

Has anyone seen how Spider-man PS4 performs?

I tried it out and I think it's locked at 30fps but still end up being quite impressed with its visual.

I would love to play ffvii r in ps5 and complete hard mode.

Do we know about an incoming patch?

I was expecting this game to be one of the 100 receiving a ps5 treatment at launch

I don't really expect Square Enix would do anything. It took them like several months to release 1.01 patch. It's really a shame.. but I hope they'll fix the issues once and for all, perhaps with 60fps option too.

TLZ

Banned
If I download my ps4 versions of GOT and GOW will they just automatically run at 60fps or is there some other version I have to download?
They should automatically run. No other versions. Just check the right graphical mode in each game's settings. See which one you prefer.

Epic maybe i'll actually be able to play it now, Thank you!
Yea it's a very pleasant experience now.

the_master

I don't really expect Square Enix would do anything. It took them like several months to release 1.01 patch. It's really a shame.. but I hope they'll fix the issues once and for all, perhaps with 60fps option too.
I hope they add at least a 60 fps option for ffvii.
They will release it soon for pc and xbox I hope they are not thinking on capping it to 30 on PC and series consoles, which mean the patch for the ps5 version would be trivial to make.

Another must to me would be to recapture the sky boxes ro display perfectly at 4k. At first I played it on an old 720p tv and I thought the skyboxes where actually 3d geometry. I was super impressed and felt very immersed and small in the mega city. Then I got my projector lamp back and the skyboxes are apparent and ruin the immersion.

They cshould also fixe the textures bug.

T-Cake

Just finished Evil Within 2 (60 FPS mode) and it played great. Oddly, the health/seizure warning at the beginning flickers and is a bit blurry but I'm not sure if that's from the game or my TV settings.

That's the game itself. It does that on my PS4 Pro and PC versions.

Tried a few more games last night, and adding to what I reported earlier in this thread.

Note, won't mention frame rate as I don't know.

I download latest version with all patches before testing.

If I don't mention glitches of any kind, that because I did not see any.

Fallout 4 (PS+ version)- Far Harbor DLC (not included in PS+ version but I own this previously and allows you to include it with PS+ version): because of all the fog, this had slowdowns even on the PS4 Pro, but now it's smooth as butter.

Titanfall 2 (digital version) - tried campaign, and very smooth, but then again it was very smooth on Pro. Have not tried multiplayer yet.

Battlefield 4 (digital version): single player and multiplayer runs great. Never saw any slowdown.

The more I test, the more I'm impressed with the PS5. Really amazing backwards compatibility. I'm always expecting a problem, but then everything runs just fine and really smooth.

Will see if I have time to test another game today.

I was gonna try Titanfall 2 today

Didn’t the devs say the game uses resolution scaling that could go as high as 6k on the One X in certain scenes? Wonder if it’s cranked all the way up on XsX and PS5.

Did it look crisper to you?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Tested GT Sport last night and man I can't wait for GT7. Faster load times and HDR. Feels like GT7: Prologue instead of GT Sport

Ge Os

These are the games I've tested so far, and I still need to test a bunch more.

God of War - Performance Mode | 1080p 60fps | Faster Load Times
Spider-Man (PS4) - 30fps | Faster Load Times
Bloodborne - 30fps | Slightly Faster Load Times
Doom 2016 - 60fps | Faster Load Times
Tekken 7 - Faster Load Times (vs Screen)
Death Stranding - 30fps | FASTER Load Times
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - IT JUST STARTS
Resident Evil 7 - 60fps | Faster Load Times (PS camera adapter comes in a few days, will test VR once it arrives)

Also worth mentioning, Hellblade (disc version) actually gives a warning on start up of potential errors while playing. Haven't actually started playing it, just boot it up and saw the message.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Pinball FX3
I'm not super sensitive to framerates, but I've played a lot of PFX3, and it felt a LOT smoother and slicker. Load times are faster, but they weren't bad in the first place.

Wreckfest
Load times improved to 2/3rds - 3/4ers of what they were. Unsure about framerate.

How are TLOU2 and TLG running on ps5?

I booted up TLOU2 and TLOU:R from my external drive last night

TLOU:R loaded my save in about 8 seconds as opposed to around 11 on the Pro. It runs great but already did on Pro too

TLOU2 I didn’t notice any improvements. Still looks great and feels good but felt the same to me. My save loaded in 28 seconds which I think is faster than before but I don’t know for sure

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Has anyone tested Tekken 7?
God of War - Performance Mode | 1080p 60fps | Faster Load Times
AccurateUnfinishedBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

When they said 60fps I thought they meant for Quality Mode, not the 1080p performance mode that was supposed to hit 60fps
This backwards compatibility is good for fixing what it should have been on Pro, but for PS5 enhancements this is poor as fuck

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Tried installing some PS4 games. Sekiro ran super smooth better than my PC even. Ghost of Tsushima runs at a solid 60 FPS and it is so nice to play it this way!

The 60fps boost on (some) PS4 games is so sweet. They need to patch more games tho. BB of course plus Witcher 3 needs a performance mode

Last edited:
Top Bottom