• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games running on PS5 |OT| Because feedback is always good!

small_law

I hate to ask, but what actually happens if you put P.T. on an external drive from a PS4 and hook it up to a PS5? Can you see the game but not launch it? Is it totally hidden in the interface? It's more for my technical curiosity.

TexMex

Days Gone update is the truth. 4K/60 does wonders for an already great looking game. I plat’d it last year but I’ll go through and get the NG+ trophies

Completely agree. I loved that game, and my only real criticism of it was on the technical side - especially the back half of the game when you get through the mountains. But now? Man - it's so good. I wish I had waited to experience it this way the first time.

Dead Cells has some issues.

Everybody's Golf got patched and it ironed out it's issues, runs very well.

Zimmy68

I launched Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it ran like ass (off the external HD). The whole screen would freeze when entering a new area.

I can try it out. I haven't played it since a few months after launch on regular PS4. I remember it had frame rate issues on several locations, but did it have a performance mode added or anything for PS4 Pro?

I’m not actually sure - I haven’t had a console for about a year or so now but wanted to jump back in with PS5. This was a title which always interested me so was hoping for 60fps

RDR2 - locked at 30, will need a patch to uncap framerate to 60. Hoping they give it the “next gen treatment” they have announced for GTA5 (they probably will)

SW:FO - 1080p (Pro Perf Mode) locked 60fps (hope resolution gets patched for next gen to uncap the 30 lock)

TLG - v1.00 off the disc is locked 60fps, 1800p (but looks pretty much 4K, resolution doesn’t go higher since capped native 1800p by devs for Pro) Digital (1.03) or patched disc (1.03) only locked 30fps due to the cap they put on the framerate in 1.03. Hope they patch again to uncap it.

I'd also like to not that TLG doesn't support HDR lighting in the 1.00 version.

Thread, why you hiding three pages down. :( You should be on the front page. Sticky???

Anyway, I tried Killzone Shadow Fall (installed from Disk) (updated online to ver. 1.81), and tried to get in a co-op game, but had to download like 6 separate DLC, so have not tried it yet, so decided to play the campaign. If you invited a friend over, and said this was a PS5 game, they would believe it. It's like you forget how amazing the graphics are. So only played the first two missions, and it runs flawlessly, with no glitches, and it's very smooth. Wish I had a frame rate counter. I think there is still a problem though, as something was bothering my eyes. Weird that. I don't get that feeling when playing Astro.

Also installed Fallout 4 from disk (and download latest patch) (not the PS+ version) (but they should be the same ver. 1.34), and right away tested downtown Boston. Sad to say, the frame rate still fluctuates there, and it's annoying. No graphical glitches though. Other areas of the map is very smooth. Also downloaded the two DLC's that I own, Nuka-World and Far Harbor. Have not tried those areas yet, but Far Harbor with all it's fog should be interesting to check out.

Probably will install Battlefield 4 tonight, and try the campaign and multiplayer.

It's because I believe the game is capped at 1080p and it doesn't have the best AA. A lot of shimmering going on but other than that it literally looks like a PS5 game. I wish they would give it a 4K, HDR patch.

To be honest, for me, Killzone was never really about the story of the characters. Of course you need them to drive the game forward, but actually the game lives from the atmosphere of being a soldier in a fictional, brutal and dirty war.
That's what fascinated me so much about KZ2, plus a really amazing technical implementation, if you think about how old the game is and what kind of hardware it runs on. Unfortunately you can't say the same about KZ1, the game doesn't run smoothly and the gameplay seems outdated.
I started with Killzone 2, directly after that you can play the third part, they merge into each other, but you notice an artisitic cut, I think the atmosphere changes from the third part on and it gets a bit more spacey and futuristic - from like a dieselpunk'esque game (KZ2) to fancy-high-polished-SciFi (KZ:SF) - I had a lot of fun with KZ3 anyway. Liberation, Mercenary and Shadow Fall stand on their own and even if they are woven into the story, I never thought the games were important to understand and enjoy the story of KZ 2 & 3.
So if you don't mind jumping back two console generations now, I suggest you start with KZ2.

KIllzone 2 is by far the best game. Here's hoping it gets a PS5 remaster or remake with the multiplayer. Or just a new KZ game with the same atmosphere.

ultrazilla

I reinstalled The Witcher 3: Complete Edition on my PS5 to check out performance. Can fellow PS5/Witcher 3 owners confirm that the game is
now running at 60fps? It appears to me it's moving much more "fluid/faster" and from what I recall on the PS4 Pro, was nowhere this smooth.

ultrazilla

The Witcher 3? Saw that it can run at 60 on XSX, which I guess is because the XB1X version already had a performance mode? But the Pro version doesn't AFAIK, so guessing this is still 30 on PS5?

I did reinstall it on my PS5 and it *appears* to be running now at 60fps. Though there seems to be some weird pop in issues with some trees every now and then. Would like to see
if anyone else here can confirm. Cheers!

R6Rider

Gold Member
I’m not actually sure - I haven’t had a console for about a year or so now but wanted to jump back in with PS5. This was a title which always interested me so was hoping for 60fps
Game still runs at 30fps, but I think it might be stable in more areas. My save file I loaded from the cloud wasn't my main one so I wasn't able to test out the areas where frame rate was bad back when I played through it. I played around 15 minutes and didn't have any drops.

ghairat

I did reinstall it on my PS5 and it *appears* to be running now at 60fps. Though there seems to be some weird pop in issues with some trees every now and then. Would like to see
if anyone else here can confirm. Cheers!

The pop-ins occurs because of the engine and the way it was implemented by the restrictions of HDD. CD Project RED said that they will release a next gen patch in the upcoming future.

ultrazilla

Witcher 3 is not 60fps. at least when i checked it wasn't. disappointing as i was holding off finishing that one for PS5.

Hmmm. Seems a lot more fluid to me but it could be me just *thinking* it's 60fps. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Thanks!
Guess we'll have to wait for the *remaster* though I'm a bit hesitant with how that could end up. Remasters lately(Crysis, XIII) have been pretty
bad.

Last edited:

Omeyocan

Pinball FX3
I'm not super sensitive to framerates, but I've played a lot of PFX3, and it felt a LOT smoother and slicker. Load times are faster, but they weren't bad in the first place.

Wreckfest
Load times improved to 2/3rds - 3/4ers of what they were. Unsure about framerate.

Hope you can confirm if Wreckfest is running at 60FPS.

Mobilemofo

Anyone tried GTAV yet? It's getting a next gen update at some point (I honestly thought it was for launch, but maybe not)

Im wondering if online is loading faster or it's still due to the server's being shit and seemingly held together by hope and duct tape

I'm expecting the online loading times to go from 4 hours down to 20 minutes on ps5 😅

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know I'm probably the only crazy person that still plays it but...

Anyone tried Rock Band 4 yet?

Shmunter

Anybody see texture pop ups in No Mans Sky PS5 version?

It’s not even a LOD issue as it randomly happens right near you.

LordCBH

Anyone had any luck getting both Return to Arkham games to download? The PS Store only lists Asylum. I downloaded it. The PS App lists both Asylum and City as separate titles but thinks I’ve already installed City. Clicking play on the Arkham City entry starts Asylum, and there’s no way to switch to City that I can see. Long story short, it won’t let me download City at all.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Need to try some of this stuff out. Anyone running their BC games off an external HD? I’ve had two friends who got their HD’s bricked because of using it on their PS5.

I'm playing god of war without the day one patch, it runs absolutely fine at 4k 60 fps, with very small visual glitches and small framedrops during cutscenes. I hope Sony unlocks the framerate on a new patch.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
One of the first games I tested yesterday was Table Top World Tour, it's a great little kart racer and a mix between Micro Machines and Mari Kart. I played quite a bit on the PS4 but the framerates were terrible, especially during chaotic action. Last night I tried it on PS5 and it is buttery smooth now and will give the game a new lease of life.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Running 2 PS5’s here with external 2.5” drives. A 4gig and 2gig. No probs.
Cool, thanks for the info. Pretty simple plug and play after a transfer from your PS4? Sounds like it works flawlessly for some people and disastrously for others

Top Bottom