• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games running on PS5 |OT| Because feedback is always good!

Shmunter

Cool, thanks for the info. Pretty simple plug and play after a transfer from your PS4? Sounds like it works flawlessly for some people and disastrously for others
I did reinstall everything fresh tho, only transferred the saves across. Cannot vouch for what happens if people are taking their existing PS4 drive full of content across.

But starting fresh all good for sure.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do I get ps5 patch download for free with ps4 discs or is the ps5 version separate purchase?
Like, if I put spuder man ps4 in ps5... do I get bc version or the full ray tracing patched version?
I have plenty of ps4 games on discs. All of them in fact

Last edited:
Do I get ps5 patch download for free with ps4 discs or is the ps5 version separate purchase?
Like, if I put spuder man ps4 in ps5... do I get bc version or the full ray tracing patched version?
I have plenty of ps4 games on discs. All of them in fact
You will get the PS4 version of spiderman, the ps5 remastered version is locked behind spiderman Miles Morales ultimate edition and an upgrade for the standard edition.
Some games like Dead by deadlight or borderlands 3 wiill give You a ps5 version for free if You use your disc, it will download a PS5 version from the store but it will ask for the PS4 disc when You try to play it

I hate to ask, but what actually happens if you put P.T. on an external drive from a PS4 and hook it up to a PS5? Can you see the game but not launch it? Is it totally hidden in the interface? It's more for my technical curiosity.

You can see the game but when you try to play you get the message "Please play this title on a PS4"

Skifi28

Tried Evil within 2. 60 fps steady and not just at the start, played enough to get to the "open world". No drops to speak of there so far either.

• Love
Reactions: Isa

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Hustler

Full native port coming to PS5 for Rocket League and the game already runs significantly better than on PS4 PRO

Kupfer

Metro Exodus anyone? Still 1080p30fps?
Okay I tried it myself now, sadly no improvement over the PS4 Pro gameplay. This is a bummer 4k60 on XSX looks incredibly good.

as my PS5 still isn't here:

Are there any improvements on Naughty Dog games?
As far as I know - no. They need to be patched for uncapped frame rates. But TLOU2 somehow uses the adaptive triggers of DS5.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Tried Mafia 3, one of the games that supposedly may have issues. Played for about an hour and didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. It was good to finally play at a solid 30, it was a mess on the Pro.

Also, Rime that had an unlocked framerate seems to be a solid 60 now. It was all over the place on the pro to the point I quit.

Edit3: Tried some close to the sun. Also one of the games with possible issues. On the prologue there seem to be graphical glitches related to the water/rain/thunder effects. Once you get inside (where I believe most of the game takes place), I didn't encounter anything odd. Also seems to be locked at 60. It'd be nice if somebody further ahead could report if it's indeed fine.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Tried Mafia 3, one of the games that supposedly may have issues. Played for about an hour and didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. It was good to finally play at a solid 30, it was a mess on the Pro.

Also, Rime that had an unlocked framerate seems to be a solid 60 now. It was all over the place on the pro to the point I quit.
Rime is gorgeous. As is Abzu.

Shmunter

Okay I tried it myself now, sadly no improvement over the PS4 Pro gameplay. This is a bummer 4k60 on XSX looks incredibly good.

As far as I know - no. They need to be patched for uncapped frame rates. But TLOU2 somehow uses the adaptive triggers of DS5.
XsX version had unlocked framerate, or been patched recently?

Rob_27

Installing Valhalla from disc in UK does not give you the PS5 upgrade option. Been like that since launch on 19th! Constantly shows you £59.99

Sort it out ffs!!

Even though it doesn’t benefit from any PS5 boosts, Ratchet and Clank is still a stellar looking game all these years later. I enjoyed going back and getting the plat

as my PS5 still isn't here:

Are there any improvements on Naughty Dog games?

ive played TLOU:R, TLOU2, UC4, and Lost Legacy. I don’t think any are currently designed to show any improvements other than maybe TLOU:R running at locked 60 where maybe it dropped a little on Pro? TLOU2 should sefinitlryget a 4K/60 patch IMO

Tsushima in 60 FPS on my CX is INSANE.
Played it the past 5 hours, also on CX, and it's my only "next gen" game, since I'm not interested in any of the launchgames. At least, GoT feels like a PS5 game.

Yah. I’m playing it for first time now on PS5 and it’s the most impressive game I’ve played so far other than Demon’s Souls. For reference, I’ve plat’d Astro and Miles, played Demon’s Souls for about 12 hours, and briefly glanced at Godfall. GoT is just a stunning game

I don’t own a CX but I’m thinking of upgrading to one. My X900F still looks good tho

Last edited:

TimFL

Tied out Days Gone last night, and it's always buttery smooth. Very impressive.

One of the biggest problems before was when traveling on the motorcycle, there would be these annoying pauses, as it was streaming in assets, and now it does not do this at all. The developer even indicated these pauses were a streaming issue. So playing off of the internal PS5 SSD is the way to go.

If you have not played this yet, strongly suggest you play the PS5 version.

REALLY REALLY IMPRESSED BY THE PS5'S BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY. (Yes, this deserves a shout)
I got the platinum for Days Gone when it came out and I never had any lock ups / pauses. The game simply ran like ass with mid-20 fps at all times here.

That being said... I‘m really disappointed that barely any first party games added proper PS5 support/ports for their titles. I honestly expected a more in-depth upgrade for TLOU2 (not that I‘d touch that game again) or GoW.

Shmunter

I got the platinum for Days Gone when it came out and I never had any lock ups / pauses. The game simply ran like ass with mid-20 fps at all times here.

That being said... I‘m really disappointed that barely any first party games added proper PS5 support/ports for their titles. I honestly expected a more in-depth upgrade for TLOU2 (not that I‘d touch that game again) or GoW.
Was perfect on pro when I played it. However that was later in after multiple patches. But that was smooth 30, now it’s pristine 60.

Last edited:

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Last Guardian (disc version) on PS5 wow just so slick at 60fps and it looks so good too! The controls are just bearable now. Going to actually finish the game now.

The pain is even though I've turned games updates off the PS5 still wants to update Last Guardian to the latest update this must be a bug! If l get the latest version no 60fps 1890p resolution.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
My thoughts after I last night tested some out

I took the risk and got my external hardrive hooked up with loads of ps4 games on it.. so far so good.. but i don't even know how often i will use backwards compat because look at this shit..

After playing some of these. Next gen games for this past week.These old games in backwards compatibility. Do not hold up well at all. I can't see myself using this much. They honestly may look worse than they did on ps4 somehow..?

EnVRd0hW4AAsYHV
EnVRe_tWEAArd6_

EnVReeAWMAQJ63p
EnVRfXIWEAARNSI

Death stranding is the only one to me that holds up kinda well. Spiderman had tons of jagged moving edges in the landscape.. god of war, krato's head is jagged!! i don't remember that on ps4 at all! granted, that was taken in 60fps mode performance which i think is 1080p, but there's no way it what that was bad on ps4. and outer worlds looks vomit enducing..

guys i can't play these old games. not after i've experienced the fruits of next gen. i can't go back. especially since dualsense doesn't benefit from ps4 games

My thoughts after I last night tested some out

Yeah there’s a clear difference between PS4 games and PS5 games. Even if I’m playing GoT or Days Gone and I hop into Astro’s Playroom to reclaim the lead on a speed run level, the texture details are where I immediately notice the gen leap

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone able to test Skyrim for load times on internal and external?

I'm sure Bethesda will be kind and give me a chance to buy another copy of it but I'd like to know if it's any good for the PS4 version

Kindjal

So far I have tried EDF 4.1 and MHW Iceborne. Both games get 60 fps with no slowdown.
I wasn't able to get any slowdown on EDF, and anyone who has played it knows that when enough bugs and explosions come together, stutters and slowdown are bound to happen.
I was especially surprised with Iceborne, with lots going on in resolution mode and still getting 60 fps.

I have several more games I can try, if anyone is interested. If you guys mention a game I have, I'll give it a go and report back.

GT Sport. - tried the one race that always would get choppy on my PS4 Pro in 4K mode, especially when you would hit the Ring section after the track portion. Runs super smooth now :). Hope we hear some news on GT7 before the end of the year.

Labadal

I would love to hear of the following games, if I kind soul is willing to try them out:
-Yakuza 0
-Yakuza 6
-Judgment
-Fist of the North Star
-The Alliance Alive HD Remaster
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
-Dishonered 2
-Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
-Exist Archive
-Greedfall
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Tales of Berseria
-Trials of Mana

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Black Desert seems all over the place with some graphical glitches that wasn't present on the Pro
Primal PS2 Classic also has graphical glitches too(but it does warn you when you start the game)

Last edited:

Romulus

Anyone able to test Skyrim for load times on internal and external?

I'm sure Bethesda will be kind and give me a chance to buy another copy of it but I'd like to know if it's any good for the PS4 version

I was thinking it's sad that the only 60fps console version of skyrim is on psvr.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
So I've tested the following games with performance problems on PS4 Pro

Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online - stable 60, no bugs.
Ni No Kuni 2 - now stable 60 on world map, no bugs.
Nioh 2 - stable 60 in cinematic mode.
Code Vein - stable 60, no bugs.
Trials of Mana - stable 60, no bugs.

Dead Cells - no bugs, performance was already perfect on Pro
Tetris Effect - same as above

Last edited:
Top Bottom