• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Gaming Headsets

Scary Gyarados

Neophyte
The sony golds are great for the price. I don't have any complaint except if you use them in your phone for music they don't get as loud as I would like.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

I actually use a regular pair of Sennheiser and plug it into the controller. It worked much better than my PS4 golds or the Astro that I had.

All my (two) sony headsets broke. The gold headset in less than a year. The elite sides cracked and i stoped using it.

Now i use a razer kraken. It's wired USB. I use it both on PC and PS4.

I use the HyperX Cloud II's highly recommended, great quality. should set you back anywhere between $99.99 to $139.99 CAD, depending where you get them from.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’ve had the turtle beach px24’s for a few years and have been extremely satisfied with them. I use them for everything on PS4 from gaming to watching movies or YouTube. If these go I might upgrade to the hyper x clouds as those have always been said to be stellar for the price (as the above poster said)

wayne_joyce

Neo Member
I have some advice to offer based on my experience. I own the 3rd gen Astro a50s, the new astro a50s, the Sony Platinums, the Golds, the Arctis 7 Wireless, the Arctis 5, Hyper X Clouds, Rig 500 and Rig 800 HS by Plantronics. Ok so honestly the Rig 800HS blows all the others out of the water, in comfort, sound quality and battery life. The Platinums are my second favorite. Good sound quality, excellent comfort. The Astros are totally overrated. They are not comfortable at all. The newer generation is far more uncomfortable than the older model. Sound quality is good but range is poor. I paid 500 Canadian for my set plus the mod kit. Not worth it at all. The Arctis 7 is a nice set but not comfortable like the Arctis 5. The Golds are not worth getting. I must stress again the Plantronics Rig 800HS is by far the best ps4 headset. You forget you are wearing them. The sound quality js balanced and great. Battery life is insane. Once I got the 800hs I hardly ever put the others on. Will probably sell all the rest.

camaropilot

Another vote here for the Hyper X Cloud 2 headset. If you plug it directly in to the Dualshock 4 you get a very comfortable stereo headset. If you plug it in directly to the PS4 via USB you can even get Virtual Surround Sound out of them. I don't know of any other wired headset that supports the virtual surround option.

I've had the original golds and found them to feel cheap, and I was never motivated to charge them so I hardly used them. I ended up selling them to a friend.

I should mention I had the Playstation Pulse headphones which I really liked but they broke and I took great care of them, just cheap plastic. I have not seen the new gold headset in Canada but I'd be curious how they'd hold up over time as I would like a set of wireless headphones although for the most part I prefer the HyperX Cloud II's.

bronk

Banned
I have some advice to offer based on my experience. I own the 3rd gen Astro a50s, the new astro a50s, the Sony Platinums, the Golds, the Arctis 7 Wireless, the Arctis 5, Hyper X Clouds, Rig 500 and Rig 800 HS by Plantronics. Ok so honestly the Rig 800HS blows all the others out of the water, in comfort, sound quality and battery life. The Platinums are my second favorite. Good sound quality, excellent comfort. The Astros are totally overrated. They are not comfortable at all. The newer generation is far more uncomfortable than the older model. Sound quality is good but range is poor. I paid 500 Canadian for my set plus the mod kit. Not worth it at all. The Arctis 7 is a nice set but not comfortable like the Arctis 5. The Golds are not worth getting. I must stress again the Plantronics Rig 800HS is by far the best ps4 headset. You forget you are wearing them. The sound quality js balanced and great. Battery life is insane. Once I got the 800hs I hardly ever put the others on. Will probably sell all the rest.
Thanks alot for the advice! I went ahead and bought The Rig800 HS. Ill have them just in time for God of War.

INC

Had 2 sets of golds, never an issue, I did crack the top of 1 set, but that's because I threw them in rage, but didn't break, gave to a buddy and bought a new set,mbith sets still working flawless to this day

Comfy
Decent sound
Mic is great
Wireless
For the price they're probably the best bang for your buck

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Bought my wife and I am couple of the new blue Astro A50s with the base stations. Also bought two extra green Xbox base stations so we can play cooperative games on either our PS4 Pros or our Xbox One Xs

Expensive but way worth it.

Top Bottom