• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 has sold over 91 million units, Spider-Man 9+ mil, PSN 90+ mil MAU (CES 2019)

ethomaz

Banned
Impressive. I thought the news of an upcoming new gen would decrease the sales. Apparently not.
With the 2019 lineup it will probably not slowdown that much too... you can expect around 17m next year.

After the all game is about games and there a good amount of heavy titles to be released yet on PS4.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
By saying this I'm also going to assume you don't play very many games on it or use it much.
I'm in another city working for some months already... so I have to take my PS4 and use RemotePlay to play/display via my notebook using a small 1m ethernet cable (somebody give me this ideia it is flawless with near zero input lag from the RemotePlay).

I only hook it on internet very few times... the last one was yesterday night and before that is was in middle December.

I'm having no issue playing my games except for three notables for obvious reason: GTS, Destiny 2 and SFV.
Everything else is playing just fine without internet.

So unless it is an multiplayer or online required game you won't have issues playing offline with PS4.

Last edited:
Outside games that require internet connection, yes, other games can be played without it. ethomaz ethomaz has right.
Many games require day one updates, external content to function period and patches to fix issues. These consoles need internet for continued use, I'm not even having this conversation. You can skate by with some titles but by and large they're worthless machines without an internet connection.

Having looked at the projection charts over the last 5 years, it has started to decrease but not by much.

I expect that we will see some true gaming gems this year and likely the next from the smaller developers who would have been classed as B-Tier back in the day. :)

HeresJohnny

Many games require day one updates, external content to function period and patches to fix issues. These consoles need internet for continued use, I'm not even having this conversation. You can skate by with some titles but by and large they're worthless machines without an internet connection.
That’s different from requiring one.

I’ll concede that all the updates have certainly gotten shittier, but that’s a publisher problem, not something baked into the architecture of the PS4 as was the original plan with the Xbone.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I
I wish there were more racers like Forza on Xbox. That aside the lineup has been pretty good.

They had one.

driveclub-vr-ps4-4.jpg

driveclubpress.jpg

driveclub-bikes.jpg

And FREAKING STUPID SONY let them go!!!!!!!!! :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

And many game can be played without day one updates. Like HeresJohnny HeresJohnny said : That’s different from requiring one.

Top Bottom