• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 is pretty loud when disc is in.

Is this because its installing? I was playing Killzone last night and this morning and it sounds like a small vacuum cleaner. Maybe its my machine ha.

Foxix Von

Yeah I noticed this too. It's mostly because of the disc drive ramping up during the install process. Once it gets the bulk of the data installed it chills out.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yeah I noticed this too. It's mostly because of the disc drive ramping up during the install process. Once it gets the bulk of the data installed it chills out.
When you say chilled out does it literally stop? Or are there still bits and pieces it reads from the disc?

Jedi2016

I assume this is only during the install process. Once it's through with that, it should quiet down, if it even spins at all beyond the initial authentication.

Ricky_R

Is it less, as or more loud than the Slims that are loud? My slim gets pretty loud after a couple of minutes of playtime.

Is this because its installing? I was playing Killzone last night and this morning and it sounds like a small vacuum cleaner. Maybe its my machine ha.
Just installing or playing? Need for information!
Edit: Installing while playing? Man I am out of the ps4 loop or I am just sleepy from yesterday. Update with more info OP!

I wish you could install your games and not have to use the disc to play - I hate that. I try to get most things digitally, but Australia gets done over with prices on digital games. I'd go all digital if I could, just for speed and noise reasons - not having to find a place for a new game case is another bonus.

Any official numbers comparing the dB to the legacy systems? I was under the impression this would be damned quiet compared to the 360.

hurzelein

I and many others want a clarification now please, stop the troll posts:

Does the Ps4 disc stop spinning completly when the install is finished, or does it still spin/read data from the disc, and how loud is it then.

Thanks.

Jburton

Banned
Any official numbers comparing the dB to the legacy systems? I was under the impression this would be damned quiet compared to the 360.

It's a faster Bluray drive, it was always going to be louder than the PS3 and as others have said once it is finished installing it is far quieter.

kick51

Banned
I hated the fat PS3 because of how loud it was

Now you guys are saying the PS4 is loud with a disc? WTF Sony

Homer: I’ll make a wish that can’t backfire. I wish for a turkey sandwich…on rye bread…with lettuce and mustard, and…*and*…I don’t want any zombie turkeys, I don’t want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don’t want any other weird surprises. You got it?

*bites into sandwich*

Homer: Hey! Not bad. Nice, hot mustard. Good bread. The turkey’s a little dry…THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY! Oh, foe and cursed thing! What demon from the depths of hell created thee?!

Top Bottom