• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

They didn't even add the "Launch/Standard Edition" separate pages until a good long while after they started taking orders.

My order technically just says "Playstation 4", but I ordered it within the first minute of it being available, and the page itself tells me I ordered it when I'm on the Launch Edition page. I have Prime.

Your order was actually changed? That... doesn't really make sense.

Yes, yesterday it was launch. Today it is standard.

Where does yours say? I have to click on the product and it takes me to the standard page, not the launch page. Before by click it would take me to the launch page.

EDIT: NVM I AM DUMB.

I have a launch edition.

You have the launch edition. Don't worry.

Basically, if you pre-ordered before they differentiated, you have the launch edition.

Good to know. I followed up with Amazon (updated the OP too):

ME: I'm just curious why when I'm looking at the Launch Edition product page it tells me: "Instant Order Update for DogFacedGod. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013." I'm hoping that means I actually do have a launch version.

Amazon:I do understand your concern. The information I see is also not clear for me and I'll need to check with the concerned department if the PS4 you've ordered is a standard or launch version. I'll get back to you via e-mail once I get the update from them.

Valnen

It says STANDARD and I ordered on the 10th shortly after the Press Conference. (minutes after)

Ouch. I did the same and got the launch version. I find it strange you got the standard.

ME: I'm just curious why when I'm looking at the Launch Edition product page it tells me: "Instant Order Update for DogFacedGod. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013." I'm hoping that means I actually do have a launch version
As far as I know, that does mean you have the launch edition. You might also want to check your order details on the amazon mobile website.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I pre-ordered from GameStop. Got the PS4 with NBA2K14. Kind of dumb you cant pre-order the console only with no game.

Yeah you can.

They put up preorders for the console as soon as they could. I got mine in before they decided to make it bundles only.

9025498105_757ee656af_o.png

kairu

Yay! I got a launch edition! I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT IM PSYCHED!

Is the only difference that it gets release day delivery?

I got the launch edition. I preordered right after the press conference.

The thing is, I may end up cancelling this anyway if the Best Buy near my apt is doing a midnight launch.

I have a Launch.

Ordered about 6-7 minutes after the preorders went up using Prime.

It doesn't really matter though if it launches in November, I won't be able to play until I get home around middle of December for Winter Break.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guys, clicking on the item in your order will automatically take you to the Standard page. You just have to click on the Launch Edition page and see if there's an "Instant Order Update for XXXX. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013." link at the top of the page... that's what you ordered.

duxstar

Relevant information?

ME:I want the order to be in the "first" shipment of ps4s I'm expecting a high demand for this product and even though I know it doesn't have a release date yet, i wanted to receive this when the actual order ships, I dont want to be on some second shipment that takes 8 weeks to get to me in mid february

Ricky:I understand. We fulfill your order on a first come first serve basis. I also verify that you purchased the Launch Edition. Since the shipping method for your order is Two Day Shipping, you'll be in the priority to receive this order once it was released.

Me:So it's launch edition even though there is no indication on the page?

Ricky:Yes, that's correct. I checked your purchased and it is the launch edition.

TimeKillr

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon.ca right after the conference. On tuesday morning, it wasn't available anymore, so I have zero clue what's going to happen with us Canadian customers.

It's just a backup anyway - if I can't get my hands on one in another way, I'm keeping my pre-order, otherwise I'll just cancel it :)

son of a bitch...

I ordered right after the conference, but mine doesn't say Launch Edition.

Guess I'll get mine sometime in February 2014. :(

edit:

GuardianE said:
Guys, clicking on the item in your order will automatically take you to the Standard page. You just have to click on the Launch Edition page and see if there's an "Instant Order Update for XXXX. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013." link at the top of the page... that's what you ordered.

Oh SNAP! I do see that on the launch edition page. That means I got it in time?!?!?

duxstar

For those wondering if they have a launch edition it doesn't say it on your order page, you have to search playstation 4, go to the web page, and then click on the "launch" edition, and it will update your order.

Got really scared there for about 5 minutes.

knitoe

They didn't even add the "Launch/Standard Edition" separate pages until a good long while after they started taking orders.

My order technically just says "Playstation 4", but I ordered it within the first minute of it being available, and the page itself tells me I ordered it when I'm on the Launch Edition page. I have Prime.

I imagine orders that just say "Playstation 4" are assumed Launch Editions because otherwise they would say Standard Edition.

Your order was actually changed? That... doesn't really make sense.
When people ordered soon after the conference, everyone assume they would get it on launch. Due to the different shipping speeds, that was not going to happen. Thus, Amazon must have clarify that by have launch / standard pages.

If you are Prime, you will get it on launch. One person reported he is getting a launch even though he ordered noon yesterday, 13 hours later.

If you don't have Prime and depending on your distance to the Amazon warehouse, you won't get it on launch day. Users reporting orders mins after preorder came up and/or change of their status explains this.

At least, that's what it seems to me.

Well I ordered right when they put up the page. There was no standard edition. So when I go check now it says I ordered the launch edition.
3AQmK.gif

Thank you :3 Some of us are stupid and need a little extra help!

beanman25

Launch! Ordered seconds after receiving the email. Luckily the closest warehouse is literally an hour away. Most things I order with prime come overnight if ordered before 6pm.

jaaz

Ordered at 11:12 pm EST even before there was a Standard Edition. In fact, at that time it was not even on the main PS4 page, I had to hit "1 new from $399.96" to actually get to the page that would let me order. Lol.

It is of course a Launch Edition :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
When people ordered soon after the conference, everyone assume they would get it on launch. Due to the different shipping speeds, that was not going to happen. Thus, Amazon must have clarify that by have launch / standard pages.

If you are Prime, you will get it on launch. Some user report getting it at launch even though they ordered noon yesterday.

If you don't have Prime and depending on your distance to the Amazon warehouse, you won't get it on launch day. Users reporting orders mins after preorder came up and/or change of their status explains this.

At least, that's what it seems to me.

Hm, I guess that makes sense. The Launch vs. Standard made it seem more about quantity restraints than shipping speeds.

Jetman

Oh, nice! Thanks, man. Figured I got screwed and didn't select Launch when I ordered or something. I'm good, Launch is a go :)

I have Prime, ordered on June 10th when their was only a STANDARD. I find out today that there is a launch and now it's sold out. People who preordered after can now get it before me because of this.

"The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "

Such a crock of crap, mine still says STANDARD.

smr00

Banned
I'm going to settle for an amazon and best buy in-store pick-up combo.
best buy in-store for me most likely

Only because i don't want to have to run around town picking games and accessories or decide before the system launches. I would rather go in, pick through the stuff i want, buy it and swing by the customer service line and grab my ps4. I probably won't even have to do that because nobody around here plays games except madden and call of duty.

knitoe

I have Prime, ordered on June 10th when their was only a STANDARD. I find out today that there is a launch and now it's sold out. People who preordered after can now get it before me because of this.

"The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "

Such a crock of crap, mine still says STANDARD.
When you click on the launch edition, it doesn't say you already order this product on this date... Like any other orders through Amazon?

if i pre order my cc wont be charged untill they ship right?

Yes. Amazon does not charge for anything until it's shipped.

Top Bottom