• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Trailer [Video]

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
since you mentionged the garbage bin... can anyone decipher the thing on the garbage bin?

whatsthatmzst6.jpg

Is it perhaps a picture of a lock?

Crash is freed and is coming back to Sony?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did anyone noticed that Assassin Creed main character is in trailer? I thought it was amusing.

At beginning, I notied a art work on the brick wall that had spray can and DIS (or DIC)

BrunoM

Please turn in your gamer card at the door before you leave.
Agree
That's one of the characters you just don't ask who they are and where from lol ..

It's almost as seeing a long haired girl jumping a broken bridge over a trex and say who is she and where from ..

Just no

Man the attention to detail in this is fantastic

Right interested in that Crash tease too.

Best trailer, better than Perfect Day. Even the live action helghast actually looked alright, normally they look a bit stupid.

I love these ads. Its brilliant on Sony's part as well. Early in the console's life cycle you are selling them to the gamers, the early adopters. Your advertisements to the masses need come later. As a result, you can have these ads which will be happily poured over multiple times, picked over with a fine tooth comb and doing far more than an ordinary advertisement would accomplish. References that go over the head of the mass market don't matter because they are not typically the early adopters.

Flek

Banned
holy shit please sony don´t troll us.

If sony announces last of us for ps4 today iam going bananas. Favorite game of the last gent by far.

Radec

In order of what I've seen.

Ryu
FIFA
Helghast Symbol
Assassin's Creed
Fireflies Sysmbol
iRobot Robot
Posters
Killzone:SF
Resistance Jacket
Ico
Tank (BF4?)
Driveclub
Parappa
Cloud (?)
Drake's Antiques (Uncharted)
Dragon (Deep Down?)
Knack
Order 1886
Infamous Second Son
Watch Dogs
Heavy Rain Origami
Destiny's Moon

From ShopTo

Update: It's been discovered by our users and others that this video seems to be full of easter eggs.

For instance the taxi is driven by Street Fighter's Ryu; a Helghast logo can be seen in the basket ball court; Edward Kenway can be seen in front of E. Kenway and Sons shop front and there is a Cid's Hairdressers and a Drake's Antiques store.

Parappa the Rapper can be seen graffitied on the wall and Crash Bandicoot can been seen on a road sign with an arrow pointing to the SCEE logo, suggesting that perhaps Sony has acquired the rights to the franchise.

Looks like there are going to be some exciting announcements at 4am tomorrow morning when PS Access takes place in the U.S.

Keep it peeled to ShopTo news for all the details.

Original: Sony has released a new ad for the PlayStation 4 in the UK, it's pretty decent.

In the video we see quite a lot PlayStation references, be it for Knack, Infamous, Second Son and even The Order 1886. There is plenty here for everyone it seems.

Salex_

Man, that wink has so much meaning behind it. It's like they're saying "We know you want him back, we got this." if they aren't trolling this has to be real. The message is so clear!

Bailers

In order of what I've seen.

Ryu
FIFA
Helghast Symbol
Assassin's Creed
Fireflies Sysmbol
iRobot Robot
Posters
Killzone:SF
Resistance Jacket
Ico
Tank (BF4?)
Driveclub
Parappa
Cloud (?)
Drake's Antiques (Uncharted)
Dragon (Deep Down?)
Knack
Order 1886
Infamous Second Son
Watch Dogs
Heavy Rain Origami
Destiny's Moon

umbrellavsgoats.gif

kuppy

Some more things that hasn't been mentioned or were in need for a picture

00:07:22 - E. Kenway & Sons Shop - AC4
00:15:10 - Cinema (?) title says Destiny

And some wild ones, that most likely have no meaning to them

00:12:21 - the dogs used in Resident Evil
00:14:06 - when I saw that I guy I imminently thought of Walter White
00:25:00 - Nathan Drake who sort of hunts for antiques?
00:26:05 - not focused enough to judge for sure, but one version of the Raccoon City Police Department would fit - picture
00:30:02 - seems odd that he has a helmet on, maybe GT

I think the Tearaway poster is pretty important, because that's a game that definitely won't be on the PS4 which then means that again the '4thePlayers' is more of a general thing with anecdotes of the past that not necessarily have any connection with the PS4.

Top Bottom