• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launches December 18 in Taiwan

salromano

Costs NT$12,980.

http://www.gamebase.com.tw/news/gb_news.html?sno=96457504
http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/4/88134.html

Just wanted to share these UI shots:

2942015y8z61.jpg

2942016f9x0c.jpg

2942017t7yo2.jpg

2942018zklsv.jpg

0000894885zjy40.jpg

0000894887nsafz.jpg

Also, this vid shows Knack gameplay paused to use the internet browser, and also remote play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spEqbZmDcng

Hoo-doo

Banned
The PS4 keeps the custom game-specific backgrounds when you highlight them? Fuck yeah, I love that on the current XMB!

params7

Banned
Now if only Sony could launch with that price in other parts of Asia such as the Indian subcontinent, Southeast asia, etc they'll divert a lot of sales off black market. I know it also greatly depends on the countries import laws.

Darksol

Do we have a definitive list of all the countries PS4 is launching in, within say...three months of US/CAN launch date? Must be nearly 40 countries by now.

As a person living in Taiwan, cool! Playstation is always dominate here. I don't even know if the Xbox one will be out here at all yet.

Skeff

Do we have a definitive list of all the countries PS4 is launching in, within say...three months of US/CAN launch date? Must be nearly 40 countries by now.

Over 40, I think it's launching in 32 in November(35 if you count UK as 4 countries). Probably 40 countries in 2013.

People compiled a list in another thread

Which more than these does it launch in?

Canada
United States
November 29th – SCE Europe

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
November 29th – Latin America

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Mexico
Panama
Peru

December :
Hong Kong
Korea
Malaysia
Singapore
Taiwan
UAE – December 13th

All in all, Sony launches in 38 countries by end of 2013.

And if you're extended it for three months then that'd obviously include Japan as well.

REally starting to wonder about the no customized background thing now. I thought it had to do with the UI but it doesn't look like it.

REally starting to wonder about the no customized background thing now. I thought it had to do with the UI but it doesn't look like it.

I don't know why people thought this.

From the very beginning of the PS4 unveiling, a large part of the UI proposition was that the background changes into that game's background when you get into the game selection. And that was reiterated at Gamescom when the 'alpha UI' also had the dynamic background. ( if it couldn't make it at launch, they wouldn't demo it there with it )

The fact that it's not there, while dynamic game-specific background means that they either didn't bother at first, or they're looking at potential monetisation of themes for the future.

Microsoft is going to have to dominate in North America to come close to Sony in worldwide sales.

That'd require like... 70-80% domination in North America.

Mondy

Banned
2 things: Taiwan is getting the PS4 before Japan? AND cheaper than what Australians are paying.

Great....

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
That is very interesting, even though I have no interest in buying any consoles anymore on launch day.

Also 12,000 NT is still out of my price range.

Anybody else noticed that in the posted youtube vid, the person playing was hitting X for confirm and menu options have X for confirm as well?

I wonder if they were just using a US unit for the event, since Asian and Japan PlayStation stuff has had O as the confirm button for so long

Derpcrawler

Anybody else noticed that in the posted youtube vid, the person playing was hitting X for confirm and menu options have X for confirm as well?

I wonder if they were just using a US unit for the event, since Asian and Japan PlayStation stuff has had O as the confirm button for so long

I hope Sony is finally giving us the option to swap them as we please. It's huge PITA especially on Vita, where majority of western games support only X as confirm.

AkuMifune

Banned
I bought a PS3 in Taiwan on launch day (with 3 games) for about US $600.

I still have the rain jacket I got with it though. ;)

t26

then you look at the launch games compared to japan. two different market.

The Taiwanese market is a lot closer to the Japanese market than the US market. Sony Taiwan been funding translation for Japanese RPGs in Chinese. They are just banking that Dynasty Warriors is enough to be a system seller.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I remember paying around NT$11,500 for the Uncharted Vita bundle near launch. This price is quite awesome in comparison.

2 things: Taiwan is getting the PS4 before Japan? AND cheaper than what Australians are paying.

Great....

One thing: you expected somewhere to be more expensive than Australia?

Top Bottom