• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 launching in 32 countries in 2013 (complete list, including XB1)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well, here's the complete list of countries that will be getting some new hardware this year- 32 for PS4, and 13 for XB1.

Xbox One/PS4 2013 Launch Countries (13)

United States
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Australia
New Zealand
United Kingdom
France
Germany
Spain
Italy
Ireland
Austria

Additional PS4 2013 Launch Countries (19)

Belgium
Denmark
Finland
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Sweden
Switzerland
Argentina
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Panama
Peru

No Japan this year it seems for either console. But then again TGS in Japan is just one month away, so who knows!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Sony has announced their Asia plans at all. Pretty sure we'll see that at TGS, as opposed to just assuming it's not coming to Japan this year.

FinKL

wtf at Japan getting nothing new this year? You would of thought that Japan would at least get the PS4...

WTF... no South Africa for PS4? Dont care for Xbone. But considering PS3 sold/sells like hotcakes the last 6 years and our sales contribute to EU/PAL region, thats unfair.., I was going to place the pre-order tomorrow.

Loudninja

Think we should wait on Japan since TGS is coming up.

Would be weird to announce it here with few Japanese titles you know?

Wow my country is on the PS4 list! This has never happened before, hell they launched current gen consoles officially only a few years ago.

Elios83

Wait for TGS. They're addressing Japan there

I really doubt that they're gonna launch in Japan this year at this point.
It seems like TGS will be used to announce their japanese plans and japanese launch games (Namco, Tecmo/Koei, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Level 5, From Software and so on). But those games won't be ready to be released this year, they are already making official lists of games coming out this year and japanese titles are not listed.
The chance that they're hiding all the things coming from Japan until TGS is really slim.
Also Europe barely makes it in time for November so it seems like even lanching in two (huge) markets is a big challange, let alone launching n Asia/Japan as week.
It's February/March for Japan/Asia imo.

SaviorX

Well, if no Japanese devs are making Wii U games, and PS4 is early 2014....what are these devs doing in the meantime?

If I didn't know any better, it would be like they gave up on consoles all together.......

idlewild_

I thought India was already announced for this year by Sony? Either that changed recently or the Asia release details are coming at TGS.

Pistolero

I really doubt that they're gonna launch in Japan this year at this point.
It seems like TGS will be used to announce their japanese plans and japanese launch games (Namco, Tecmo/Koei, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Level 5, From Software and so on). But those games won't be ready to be released this year, they are already making official lists of games coming out this year and japanese titles are not listed.
The chance that they're hiding all the things coming from Japan until TGS is really slim.
Also Europe barely makes it in time for November so it seems like even lanching in two (huge) markets is a big challange, let alone launching n Asia/Japan as week.
It's February/March for Japan/Asia imo.

I think things will pan out the way you described. Japan in particular, and Asia in general will be much, much more favorable to Sony. It makes sense to serve the US and Europe before, the first on account of the strong MS mindshare there, the second zone for its perceived importance as the leading PS consumers' bloc.

No date and price for Japan is really pissing me off. I'm not in the mood to import from the west so my last hope is TGS, but I doubt it will launch 2013 since there is no real competition atm. Bummer, really.

daveo42

Banned
Spreading those launch units well thin. Not sure if that is a good idea by Sony or a bad one.

I guess that really depends on how well their production is going. 1 mil units is pretty impressive from a launch standpoint and I'm sure they'll have more on shelves at launch in these regions as well.

Raide

You know how many units they have?

Well, they stopped pre-orders pretty early, so I am guessing not enough. Mid to Late Nov gives them more time I guess.

I doubt Sony or MS really have enough units to satisy all regions they plan to launch in. Someone always gets boned by it.

Top Bottom