• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + monitor equals no signal?

Raxious

So I'm currently studying abroad but decided to bring along my PS4 Pro. Now I bought myself a monitor here, but when I put in the HDMI and turn on my Pro, I get a "no signal " message. Now I tried to connect my laptop to the monitor with the cable and that works fine. I've heard that HDCP might be causing the issue, is this true? I remember back when I had the OG PS4 I turned off HDCP. Not sure if I did it for the PS4 Pro though ( don't think I have ).

monitor in question:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014RKZ81O/

I remember having to change a setting to make mine work properly but its been a year so I don't really remember. Sorry I can't be more help D:

@Wreck

maybe its the ps4

try booting in safe mode

hold down the button for a couple seconds till it beeps twice, release the button and safe mode should appear

i've had this problem because i switch monitors allot at home

Guymelef

That monitor supports HDCP so try to reset PS4 video settings turning it on pressing power button for a few seconds.

Trace

Banned
maybe its the ps4

try booting in safe mode

hold down the button for a couple seconds till it beeps twice, release the button and safe mode should appear

Yea I've had issues with PS4 resolutions before, safe mode usually fixes it for me.

It's probably not your issue since you just bought it but I had a weird HDMI handshake issue with my monitor I've been using for PS3/PS4 since 2009. I had to unplug its power for a few minutes then it recognized the signal to the PS4.

Raxious

maybe its the ps4

try booting in safe mode

That monitor supports HDCP so try to reset PS4 video settings turning it on pressing power button for a few seconds.

Yea I've had issues with PS4 resolutions before, safe mode usually fixes it for me.

Even if I try to get into safe mod I get no screen :s

Kudo

Unplug the HDMI cable, turn your PS4 on and after 10 seconds plug the HDMI cable. This works for me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I use a monitor for console gaming. Ever since I got my Pro, the screen will flicker blank several times when I first turn it on. I usually seems to only happen on the home screen and not in games.

Anyone else experience this? Is it also something that might be solved by starting in safe mode?

I can't get into the resolution, seeing as I have no image to begin with ;)
No TV's here or anything that would allow me to access the PS4 interface.

When turning on the PS4 hold the power button for several seconds. It'll go into the "safe mode" equivalent of the PS4 where you can set display settings hopefully

Sorry I'm at work and didn't read your earlier post. Don't know what else to suggest

PS4 has a handshake issue with some displays. I haven't been able to fix it, so it just requires unplugging/plugging in the HDMI cable or turning the monitor off and back on until it works.

Raxious

When turning on the PS4 hold the power button for several seconds. It'll go into the "safe mode" equivalent of the PS4 where you can set display settings hopefully

Sorry I'm at work and didn't read your earlier post. Don't know what else to suggest

as mentioned before, there's no way for me to get into safe mode, seeing as it won't show me anything onscreen. Just keeps on telling me that there's no signal.

tebunker

Banned
It might actually be a monitor setting.

There was an issue with my Asus when games would go to a black screen it would interpret as having no signal and the monitor would turn off. Check your monitor settings.

Not at home but I will double check when I get home.

Shifty1897

Make a friend, ask to test something on their TV. Plug up Pro, disable HDCP and set resolution to either 720p or 1080p and test.

Surely you can find someone that will let you use their TV for like 5 minutes.

Raxious

Make a friend, ask to test something on their TV. Plug up Pro, disable HDCP and set resolution to either 720p or 1080p and test.

Surely you can find someone that will let you use their TV for like 5 minutes.

been asking around here all day, no one here has a TV on their room. I'm living on campus.

Top Bottom