• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 price cut in EU starting October 21, now starting at €349

MauroNL

Following the Japanese and American price cuts it looks like EU is also getting a price cut for the PlayStation 4 500GB. Expect an official announcement at Paris Games Week in 10 days.

Many Dutch retailers have started advertising the PS4 500GB at €349. Previously always available it now states pre-order now, available on October 21. It also seems the PS4 1TB game bundles are now €399, so it looks like a general €50 price cut like in other regions.

w1DbubP.jpg
PImiK7w.jpg

I'm sure a price cut will be coming, but I'm not convinced that's the official date.
Prices for PS4s in Germany have been hovering between 300 and 350€ for a while now.

And PGW is next week? Doesn't it start later?

DieH@rd

Banned
Expect an official announcement at Paris Games Week next week.

No, announcement has to be earlier since new prices are arriving on Oct 21 [this Wednesday]. PGW Sony pressconf is 6 days later on Oct 27 [next Monday after pricedrop].

French retailers also got this promo material [Oct21 date printed directly on this banner]:
PS4-baisse-prix-02.jpg

1TB + second 20th anniversary controller - 400€
1TB + ACSyndicate - 400€
base 500GB - 350€

Nightbird

I'm sure a price cut will be coming, but I'm not convinced that's the official date.
Prices for PS4s in Germany have been hovering between 300 and 350€ for a while now.

I hope I will be able to find one for 250€ around Christmas

Javin98

Banned
Well, there it is. The PS4 is set to have an incredible holiday. Makes me more confident with my 35 million sold through by end of 2015 estimates.

MauroNL

Yeah sorry its the 27th, so in 10 days. PS4s have been in sale here in Holland to but this is the first time an official price cut is mentioned. Most of the time its just retailer promotions or temporary price cuts.

DieH@rd

Banned
Well, there it is. The PS4 is set to have an incredible holiday. Makes me more confident with my 35 million sold through by end of 2015 estimates.

For that Sony would have to again have almost Wii level of holiday sales. If I remember correctly, they were at 25M shipped after end of last quarter.

Yeah sorry its the 27th, so in 10 days. PS4s have been in sale here in Holland to but this is the first time an official price cut is mentioned. Most of the time its just retailer promotions or temporary price cuts.

Yeah I believe it now after the french promo a few posts earlier.

I guess they'll have to announce it monday.

Javin98

Banned
For that Sony would have to again have almost Wii level of holiday sales. If I remember correctly, they were at 25M shipped after end of last quarter.
Yes, 25.3 million shipped as of 30th June 2015. We can safely predict that the PS4 shipped at least 28.5 million as of 30th September 2015. I personally predict 36 million shipped by the end of 2015 and 35 million sold through. 7.5 million during the holidays doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Hopefully means some better Xbox One deals. I'm looking for a 500gb with Forza 6. All the deals so far are about £30-40 shy of what I want to spend.

Damn, I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago. I guess I can't complain too much since I paid 380€ for the 1TB version + Until Dawn, but still

Hoo-doo

Banned
Already knew this was happening when I got like four or five e-mails with crazy PS4 deals over the last few days.

Valkyria

Banned
I bought mine for 350€ plus The order and The last of us last week here in Spain, some retailers have already discounting some bundles.

Hoo-doo

Banned

663 Australian dollaroos? That's nuts, you guys should just import.

It says "minimaal 10 downloadable games" under PS+, which means at least 10 games. 10 at what rate? per year? per month? That's an odd line there. Leftover detail from before the change to the 6 game per month?

The online listing doesn't mention the 10 figure.

They could have just included the F2P games that are free for everyone.

It says "minimaal 10 downloadable games" under PS+, which means at least 10 games. 10 at what rate? per year? per month? That's an odd line there. Leftover detail from before the change to the 6 game per month?

The online listing doesn't mention the 10 figure.

Heartfyre

Great to see this is happening at last. Though I don't feel I got a bad deal, getting the 1TB unit with a PSTV for €399.99 back in July. At least such a value is permanent now.

Xando

500GB PS4 has been 350€ for most of this year here in germany. You can even get the 1TB PS4 for 360-370€ if you check your offers.

I wonder when MS are gonna cut the price (they need to be atleast at 299€ so retailers can go lower).

Top Bottom