• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PRO 4K native games (will update the list everytime there is a new game)

Shin-Ra

We will be making official announcement soon, so I'll drop couple of native 4K photomode shoots PNG's for you to take a look. They are huge - 12 - 16 MB each ;)
It begins!

And if you have any more technical questions about Bound, please go ahead and ask. I'll be happy to resolve them :)
Have you explored custom, wide MSAA filters like Matt Pettineo @ Ready at Dawn?

https://mynameismjp.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/msaa-resolve-filters/ (These are early 2012 tests with DX11)
https://readyatdawn.sharefile.com/share?#/view/s64a6afd0b3c4f26b (The Order 1886 specific)

I think the slightly softer appearance is a worthy trade-off for the perceived reduction in aliasing. Especially at >1080p resolutions.

The Elder Scrolls Online patch notes for PS4 Pro:

PlayStation®4 Pro Support:
This update adds support for the upcoming PlayStation®4 Pro! There are two graphics modes available exclusively to PS4 Pro players: 4k mode and 1080p enhanced mode.

- 4k Mode:
- This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation®4, and the game will run at native 4k resolution.
- This is the default when the PS4 Pro is hooked up to a display that supports 4k resolution.

- 1080p Enhanced Mode:
-This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation®4, and also includes the following graphical enhancements:
• Ambient occlusion
• Water reflections
• Improved shadow fidelity

Apps aready being updated to support 4K on PS4 PRO.

It starts with Youtube: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/586npq/apps_are_getting_4k_support_for_ps4_pro_already/

YIfaVFD.png

Yeah I was looking at some of the cards a few days ago and I'm thinking about the BlackMagic Designs Intensity Pro 4K since its the cheapest one I've seen so far. Gonna look at some reviews for it first before buying it.

nemisis0

The Elder Scrolls Online patch notes for PS4 Pro:

PlayStation®4 Pro Support:
This update adds support for the upcoming PlayStation®4 Pro! There are two graphics modes available exclusively to PS4 Pro players: 4k mode and 1080p enhanced mode.

- 4k Mode:
- This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation®4, and the game will run at native 4k resolution.
- This is the default when the PS4 Pro is hooked up to a display that supports 4k resolution.

- 1080p Enhanced Mode:
-This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation®4, and also includes the following graphical enhancements:
• Ambient occlusion
• Water reflections
• Improved shadow fidelity

I am guessing no enhancements for 4k like the 1080p.

For 1080p, yeah. We'll still see drops in Conquest though due to the CPU but overall it should be much more consistent. Wonder if it'll be checkerboard 1800p or something on the Pro.

Going for checkerboard 4K would a mistake if it negative impacts the framerate. 1080p with a consistent 60fps would great for this game and any other competitive shooter for that matter.

pottuvoi

Banned
For 1080p, yeah. We'll still see drops in Conquest though due to the CPU but overall it should be much more consistent. Wonder if it'll be checkerboard 1800p or something on the Pro.
Expect dynamic resolution with TAA.
There is small change for the custom resolve method shown with mass effect.

Redders

Couldn't decide which thread to ask this and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

As you can manually set the output resolution on the PS4, if you are playing on the PS4 Pro on a 4K tv do you think you could set the output to 1080p so you could play that game in that mode rather than the 4k checkerboard rendering mode?

Just so you could compare the 2 and see which you prefer and if 1080p mode ends up with a more stable frame rate compared to 4K may be preferable to play online games that way.

Couldn't decide which thread to ask this and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

As you can manually set the output resolution on the PS4, if you are playing on the PS4 Pro on a 4K tv do you think you could set the output to 1080p so you could play that game in that mode rather than the 4k checkerboard rendering mode?

Just so you could compare the 2 and see which you prefer and if 1080p mode ends up with a more stable frame rate compared to 4K may be preferable to play online games that way.

Yes you can via the PS4 settings, chances are though that most games will give you an option within the menu allowing you to choose the experience you prefer.

thelastword

Banned
PS4 Pro Patches Released For Shadow Of Mordor, The Elder Scrolls Online And More

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/584x4u/looks_like_shadow_of_mordor_got_its_ps4_pro_patch/

Shadow Of Mordor changelog is kinda weird.

It just states: 4K Support

It doesn't specify whether it is native or upscaled. I don't expect it to be native tbh.
I'm not sure Modor will be native, but Elder Scrolls sure is.

Can't wait for Capcom to announce SFV at 4k native 60fps, that'd be swell...;)

Too bad Konami won't patch the MGSV games in a hurry.

I'm not sure Modor will be native, but Elder Scrolls sure is.

Can't wait for Capcom to announce SFV at 4k native 60fps, that'd be swell...;)

Too bad Konami won't patch the MGSV games in a hurry.

Yep. I really wanted MGSV to add SSR and other enhanced features on PS4 PRO like with PC version but sadly that won't happen.

Redders

Yes you can via the PS4 settings, chances are though that most games will give you an option within the menu allowing you to choose the experience you prefer.

Seems like that something Devs should implement but from one of the interviews about Horizon (assume this is the case for all games) it was stated it would detect what display you have and automatically play the game in either the 4K or 1080P mode.

Hopefully more details will come out about this nearer to launch though.

Seems like that something Devs should implement but from one of the interviews about Horizon (assume this is the case for all games) it was stated it would detect what display you have and automatically play the game in either the 4K or 1080P mode.

Hopefully more details will come out about this nearer to launch though.

It seems it is the same case for The Elder Scrolls Online which may be annoying if the default native 4K mode doesn't come with he enhancements from the 1080p mode.

Redders

It seems it is the same case for The Elder Scrolls Online which may be annoying if the default native 4K mode doesn't come with he enhancements from the 1080p mode.

Looks like that from what you posted earlier on today.

From this "- This is the default when the PS4 Pro is hooked up to a display that supports 4k resolution." I would take from this that you can change the mode, just that the starting mode is the 4K. I could be completely wrong however.

Looks like that from what you posted earlier on today.

From this "- This is the default when the PS4 Pro is hooked up to a display that supports 4k resolution." I would take from this that you can change the mode, just that the starting mode is the 4K. I could be completely wrong however.

I'm guessing in the PS4 Pro options we will be able to change the resolution from Auto to a fixed resolution, just like you can on PS3 / PS4, so we can play the 1080p enhanced mode with better graphics if we wish and then let the TV do the upscale to 4k instead.

The 4k mode might offer better fine detail but if the graphics are a big improvement in 1080p mode, then I will be happy to do that with some games, as my Sony 4k TV has a great upscaler anyway and 1080p games and movies already look fantastic.

Elios83

In general in 4K you won't get all the extra effects that will be available in the enhanced 1080p mode because those effects are added thanks to the fact they're are not using the extra power pushing resolution.
You'll still be able to choose the mode you want to play with by setting the output resolution of the console. So if you actually prefer the extra effects over the extra resolution you'll be able to choose. HDR should be supported anyway in both modes.

Harp

In general in 4K you won't get all the extra effects that will be available in the enhanced 1080p mode because those effects are added thanks to the fact they're are not using the extra power pushing resolution.
You'll still be able to choose the mode you want to play with by setting the output resolution of the console. So if you actually prefer the extra effects over the extra resolution you'll be able to choose. HDR should be supported anyway in both modes.

Cool, because the pro mode is determined by console output resolution, basically every game has a 1080p and 4k mode by default.

I wonder if they plan to bumber up the texture resolution and quality to pc quality on the pro.

Redders

I'm guessing in the PS4 Pro options we will be able to change the resolution from Auto to a fixed resolution, just like you can on PS3 / PS4, so we can play the 1080p enhanced mode with better graphics if we wish and then let the TV do the upscale to 4k instead.

The 4k mode might offer better fine detail but if the graphics are a big improvement in 1080p mode, then I will be happy to do that with some games, as my Sony 4k TV has a great upscaler anyway and 1080p games and movies already look fantastic.

That's what I'm thinking, not too much longer until we can actually test it out for ourselves.

AndyD

aka andydumi
4K demands alot of power so it will be harder to implement the enhancements on top of it.

It could be a tough tradeoff in some games. Do you go for a downsampled 1080p resolution with extra effects and IQ goodies, or do you go for a 4k resolution with "original" effects.

Jacob4815

What if I have a 1080p Tv and the game has ONLY a 4k mode and not a 1080p enhanced?
I'll have to change from "Auto" to "4k" to play the game in 1080p supersampled?

What if I have a 1080p Tv and the game has ONLY a 4k mode and not a 1080p enhanced?

No. You won't have to do anything. The system will know you are on 1080p. It's up to the devs if they have a 1080p enhanced mode.

That's what I'm thinking, not too much longer until we can actually test it out for ourselves.

Yeah that seems to make the most sense to me anyway.

Time is flying now, can't believe PSVR is already out and the Pro is out in a few more weeks. The PSVR has made me more hyped for the Pro now, but still looking forward to playing normal games in 4k or 1080p with better graphics too.

In theory yes but Auto might work too for games with only a 4k mode. I guess it depends on how the game and they system has been designed.

Maybe with Auto on, it will give us an option to pick which mode we want to use.

Man...I can't wait to get my Pro. I'm waiting on it to play stuff like Rigs on Until Dawn. All of these games were released in October and most published by Sony so I'm hoping they go the extra mile with the Pro support.

Jacob4815

No. You won't have to do anything. The system will know you are on 1080p. It's up to the devs if they have a 1080p enhanced mode.

I'm not talking about a 1080p enhanced, but about a 1080p supersampled from 4k.

In theory yes but Auto might work too for games with only a 4k mode. I guess it depends on how the game and they system has been designed.

Maybe with Auto on, it will give us an option to pick which mode we want to use.

We'll wait and see, this will be my most frequent case so I hope than Sony will clarify the thing. Switching from "Auto" to "4k" for a 1080p user (that wants to play in 1080p supersampled) would be very annoying.

I'm not talking about a 1080p enhanced, but about a 1080p supersampled from 4k.

We'll wait and see, this will be my most frequent case so I hope than Sony will clarify the thing. Switching from "Auto" to "4k" for a 1080p user (that wants to play in 1080p supersampled) would be very annoying.

Well now PSVR has launched, hopefully Sony will go into PS4 Pro mode and give us all the details shortly.

Adam M

NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS + HDR)

This is pretty impressive imo, your turn EA Sports :p People tend to hate this console but seems a pretty good value for $400

III-V

I thought all PSVR games had pro support, they were released in october and sony originally said all games from october had to work with the pro.

It has been a long time since we have heard anything. The orig word was from the leaked docs. The presentation gave softer wording as far as Pro patches were concerned. They may have had some negative feedback.

I have had this pre-ordered since it went up, but I still feel like more information would be fantastic.

Top Bottom