• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PRO 4K native games (will update the list everytime there is a new game)

Can anyone confirm if Netflix released a patch to support PS4 PRO and 4K? It was announced to support it at launch but it didn't while Youtube was updated to support 4K and PS4 PRO even before launch.

Miggytronz

Can anyone confirm if Netflix released a patch to support PS4 PRO and 4K? It was announced to support it at launch but it didn't while Youtube was updated to support 4K and PS4 PRO even before launch.

Silly question. Is downsampling available to these services?

Silly question. Is downsampling available to these services?

You mean playing 4K content in Youtube or Netflix on an 1080p screen? It is the same as playing a 4K video from Youtube on an 1080p screen. It works of course and the IQ looks improved. The problem with the Youtube PS4 apps is that they are tied to your connection: if you have a very fast connection, you will play the highest quality, and in this case in 4K on PS4 PRO but if you have a slow one, you will play in lower quality even if you have a PS4 PRO and a 4K TV.
I really hope that they let us choose the quality in the PS4 apps like with the TV apps. Pausing a video and putting in buffering when streaming is no problem if you want to get better quality.

I kept adding each new game to the bottom of the list so users can understand that this was recently announced but I think I will sort the games with alphabetical order like with the reddit threads so newcomers can spot the games easily.

Lady Gaia

Can you clarify? The only 4K native remasters I'm aware of from the PS3 generation are 30fps (Skyrim and The Last of Us.) Rez is 60fps but then it was originally a PS2 title. No AAA games jump out at me from the list, but then there's no hard and fast rule about what constitutes AAA. For most it's just a big-budget heavily advertised title. NBA 2K may fit the latter, but big budget it is likely not. Sports titles are a very incremental business.

You're quite right, though, that having any 60fps titles in native 4K is impressive and welcome. It's nice to see a mix of titles that emphasize visual complexity, resolution, and frame rate. Something for everyone,

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Can you clarify? The only 4K native remasters I'm aware of from the PS3 generation are 30fps (Skyrim and The Last of Us.) Rez is 60fps but then it was originally a PS2 title. No AAA games jump out at me from the list, but then there's no hard and fast rule about what constitutes AAA. For most it's just a big-budget heavily advertised title. NBA 2K may fit the latter, but big budget it is likely not. Sports titles are a very incremental business.

You're quite right, though, that having any 60fps titles in native 4K is impressive and welcome. It's nice to see a mix of titles that emphasize visual complexity, resolution, and frame rate. Something for everyone,

NBA 2K is about as AAA as AAA can get when it comes to sports titles. And if NBA and FIFA aren't AAA then we really need to rethink what AAA is. Because we are getting really silly with the excuses.

mitchman

Gold Member

It shows UHD 4k on many series for me, so yes, should be updated.

Metfanant

I think FIFA and NBA2k are definitely AAA titles...I don't know what their budgets are, say compared to an Uncharted, or Assassin's Creed, or Call of Duty title, but they are certainly AAA...

You could argue they are less demanding from a technical standpoint because of their closed environments...but they are still solid AAA titles...

Lady Gaia

I think FIFA and NBA2k are definitely AAA titles...I don't know what their budgets are, say compared to an Uncharted, or Assassin's Creed, or Call of Duty title, but they are certainly AAA...

That seems to be the prevailing sentiment, so that's as reasonable a metric as any. I don't play any sports titles so I'm clearly out of touch, but I can certainly see how frame rate would be a priority as it is for driving games, fighting games, multiplayer shooters, and other reaction-time centric titles. It's definitely impressive that they're able to pair that with 4K visuals. I'd be curious whether these use the geometry mode strategy that Bound does, or if they actually test out at 4K for pixel shaders as well as geometry.

That seems to be the prevailing sentiment, so that's as reasonable a metric as any. I don't play any sports titles so I'm clearly out of touch, but I can certainly see how frame rate would be a priority as it is for driving games, fighting games, multiplayer shooters, and other reaction-time centric titles. It's definitely impressive that they're able to pair that with 4K visuals. I'd be curious whether these use the geometry mode strategy that Bound does, or if they actually test out at 4K for pixel shaders as well as geometry.

No reduced details over the PS4 version. In fact, according to DigitalFoundry video, Fifa 17 uses even higher details like higher resolution depth of field and motion blur because the standard resolutions of those on PS4 don't look well in native 4K.

onQ123

No they are actually 4K 60FPS native.

It's not surprising really I calculated that games like NBA2K & Madden could be rendered in 4K on PS4 Pro just from the fact that they are 1080P on Xbox One & it's not a game that devs would try to use the extra power to make the game look better so pushing it to native 4K on PS4 Pro seem like a simple choice.

If Xbox One can render the game in 1080P & PS4 isn't being pushed any further in the same game it most likely can be rendered in native 4K on PS4 Pro.

Septic360

Banned
What a shit list of games. We need proof that the Pro can do proper technically demanding games at 4K native. Like Horizon and shieee. Otherwise we're gonna have a Pro-blem. (Not really but I wanted to get that in there)

Shin-Ra

What a shit list of games. We need proof that the Pro can do proper technically demanding games at 4K native. Like Horizon and shieee. Otherwise we're gonna have a Pro-blem. (Not really but I wanted to get that in there)
Nice shitposting.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

We already know that it can't. Nobody is going to have a problem except those who can't accept that.

Afrikan

While the game already looks fantastic on PS4, it’s jaw dropping on PS4 Pro. We’re rendering each frame at 3200 x 1800 resolution and the PS4 Pro does a high quality upscale from that to 4K which is 3840×2160 pixels. Tank and terrain textures are stunningly detailed, even up close. The already lush vegetation looks fuller and more natural on PS4 Pro due to the higher quality anti-aliasing.

There’s no question you’re going to want to play this on an HDR-enabled TV with your PS4 Pro. World of Tanks has always done its lighting in HDR and tone mapped the results. Now you’ll be able to see the true output of this lighting. HDR allows for a wider and more dynamic range of lighting and colors. You’ll see more detail in our HDR skies and physically-based lighting, particularly in levels like Siegfried Line War and Mines. The vibrant colors of the vegetation in the Karelia swamps are more intense and lifelike, and the water looks cool, blue, and inviting in its richness.

hmmmm.... .nice.

not native 4k...but when I read 1800p, I forget sometimes it's 3200x1800.

really curious about how the HDR looks... I have to wait till Thursday, but now World of Tanks is on my radar... will download.

now to also check if War Thunder is also getting a PRO Patch. :D

hmmmm.... .nice.

not native 4k...but when I read 1800p, I forget sometimes it's 3200x1800.

really curious about how the HDR looks... I have to wait till Thursday, but now World of Tanks is on my radar... will download.

now to also check if War Thunder is also getting a PRO Patch. :D

Yeah. I was surprised that it didn't get PS4 PRO patch since this game supports PS4 very well even with its advanced controls with DS4 Trackpad and even the PS4 Camera for the moements. I hope they add extra graphical features like the new wave and physic effects they added on PC.

thelastword

Banned
They've gone all-in with the chromatic aberration too!
Do you have it? CA was awful on the deathnitive edition and that was only 30fps. I hope they learnt their lesson. This game does not need CA, TAA will be good enough to clean out the jaggies...

Do we know that it's native? Could be checkerboard, they don't specify.

I was thinking the same first but after further examination of the site announcement:
The emphasis was about PS4 PRO and PC too getting 4K. Linking PS4 PRO with PC for the 4K announcement must be surely meaning that is native. They even said the same thing in the Darksiders wikia for the first game: http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Darksiders

Native resolution 1280 x 720 HD (1920 x 1080 Full HD support) which was obviously for PC at that time.

I think it is their way to say that (how the game could be rendered in 4K on both PC and PS4 PRO) and besides I don't think this game is very demanding to hit native 4K @ 60 FPS on PS4 PRO and on current PCs.

so NBA and fifa aren't technically demanding? ummm ok.

Shin-Ra

I think The Witness applies FXAA as well as MSAA at various sample counts.

1080p60 4xMSAA + FXAA
1440p60 2xMSAA + FXAA
2160p30 2xMSAA + FXAA

Top Bottom