• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PRO 4K native games (will update the list everytime there is a new game)

BigEmil

Add Paladins native 4k @ 60fps

Is it possible to tell the difference between checkerboard and real 4k?
Not really especially in gameplay, if you put screenshots of them side by side and stop and squint and a still part then maybe abit difference but it's definitely not noticeable

Source? I think they're using slightly different engines I might be wrong though

same article link I put in the post mentioning it will be 4K.

http://www.dualshockers.com/dynasty...k30-fps-1080p60-fps-ps4-pro-built-ps4-ground/
In the stream, according to the first comment in the article:

He also mentioned that the graphics of Dynasty Warriors 9 is more beautiful than Nioh . They have redesigned the game engine for Dynasty Warriors 9 ....
If you understand Chinese , the interview can tell you more intriguing information that arouse your interest in the game

BigEmil

In another story: Final Fantasy XIV’s PS4 Pro Support Will Feature Upscaled 4K; Naoki Yoshida Explains Why it’s Not Native

Why can't they opt for Dynamic 4K instead? The game may display in lower resolution in overloaded scenes but reaches Native 4K in less demanding scenes and indoors.
Some games do it and it works well.

"Rather than having a beautiful image when standing still, the team opted to aim for beauty in motion as well, so they deliberately opted to avoid native 4K, instead aiming for frame rate stability with many characters displayed on screen."

Maybe this answers the question? I wonder if it's checkerboard upscale

Nice that it has two modes to choose from 1080p 60fps or higher resolution targeting 60fps

"Rather than having a beautiful image when standing still, the team opted to aim for beauty in motion as well, so they deliberately opted to avoid native 4K, instead aiming for frame rate stability with many characters displayed on screen."

Maybe this answers the question? I wonder if it's checkerboard upscale

Nice that it has two modes to choose from 1080p 60fps or higher resolution targeting 60fps

I think by that part it means they were testing Native 4K before choosing upscaled 4K and they found out that when standing still it looked pristine but when moving, the FPS was choppy.

Unless they are using checkerbaord 2160p which equals Native 4K when standing still or when taking pictures, but the "upscaled" term makes it seem otherwise.

I still think Dynamic 4K would work better. Some games succeeded in doing it at 60 FPS.

paulogy

An interesting and straightforward way to describe the tradeoff between native 4K vs. checkerboarding. I wonder how many other developers will choose this.

Like I said here:

This suggests Scorpio could learn from Pro too.

It didn't occur to me until now that some games on Pro with checkerboard 4K might actually look better than on Scorpio with native 4K if they are left with more headroom to render better frame rates, lighting & shadows, improve IQ etc.

This would be solved with Scorpio going to checkerboard 4K for those games, but I wonder how many games will let you choose down to that level.

BigEmil

Considering the hardware, this is much more native 4k titles than I was expecting it's punching above it's weight
An interesting and straightforward way to describe the tradeoff between native 4K vs. checkerboarding. I wonder how many other developers will choose this.

Like I said here:
Yep

Unknown?

Wipeout is native 4K if you turn off motion blur.
And amazingly gorgeous too!! Although I can't tell the difference between 2160 checkerboard with blur and native 4K without blur. I notice the difference in blur but not in anything else. Perhaps side by side but I gotta say checkerboard is darn good!

Lady Gaia

Pyre runs natively in 4K on PS4 Pro, which is a first for us. You’ll experience the game running at an ever-glorious 60 frames per second, in that absurdly high resolution that you have to see running on a 4K display to truly appreciate.

That's great to hear! I was already eagerly looking forward to next Tuesday but now? Even more so. We're still moving into our new home where sitting a little closer to the 55" KS8000 adds that much more impact to 4K detail, and I can't wait to experience a 4K native title right out of the gate.

Lawbreakers runs at a dynamic resolution but is usually a hair below 1440p. So it would be inaccurate to say the game has a native 4K presentation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=245930782#post245930782

Ok. I was based on the article and the comment from the PS Blog mod in that article. I didn't see the DF thread. Thanks for the info.

Weird though. I was expecting them to fulfill their promise especially with a studio working close with Epic. I noticed when playing the Beta that the PC on Ultra is filled with reflections and SSR while the PS4 Pro version lacks most of it.
I was also surprised to see that even Fortnite was promised to get the maxed out version on PS4 Pro (like Paragon) but according to DF it is very similar to base PS4.
What happened to Fortnite? Did they add the features they promised on PS4 Pro?
If they did then expect Lawbreakers to do the same soon.

Shin-Ra

Burly Men at Sea
And so, we’re excited to finally introduce our beardy fellas to you next month, in all their newly 4K vector crispness. The game is cross-buy, with trophies, avatars, and cross-save support. We hope it makes you smile.
Still needs player-confirmation of course.

Top Bottom