• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped

Soon.

p6fBfH0.jpg

iINMPMD.jpg

2ZzmAuK.jpg

UrjpyBF.jpg

5IjvyAJ.jpg

gogojira

I'm pretty confident I never need anything until I see boxes and launch units then I feel compelled to buy shit I don't need.

FZZ

Banned
For some reason I haven't vibed with the box styles

the original PS4 box was GOAT tho, idk why but the style of the console fit the style of the box so much more. Dat gloss

RibMan

"Super-charged" appears to be part of the Pro messaging. Makes me think they could have gotten away with calling it the Super PlayStation 4.

chitnex

For some reason I haven't vibed with the box styles

the original PS4 box was GOAT tho, idk why but the style of the console fit the style of the box so much more. Dat gloss
Seriously. I loved my old ps4 box
i still have it

chefbags

Hopefully dbrand can sell some skins of these soon. I have a white Japanese ps4 and I'd like to stick with that color too.

PS4 Pro boxes* getting prepped**
Soon***

*Need 4K display with HDR to fully appreciate the clarity of the boxes
**Only at certain stores, other stores coming soon
***Need membership to NeoGAF gold to get it even sooner and achieve greatness

jrcbandit

Changed my stance, getting one purely for better PS VR. I already sold off most of my non VR games, but I can't wait for the improved VR IQ.

Was surprised, was able to pre order in store at best buy. Didn't wanna do it online since I hate shipping, especially new 400$ consoles.

Boss Mog

I like how they still put that "don't return it to the store" shit on there.

If by some misfortune you do get a faulty unit, DO return it to the store, believe me.

eFKac

I'm still not a fan of this mid gen upgrade philosophy, but I'm warmimg up to the Pro.

Seeing Sony making the right moves by trying not to divide the install base and give significant MP advantages, makes me think they get it.

Pro shapes up to be a fantastic piece of kit as well smart design over brute force that gives you the best bang for your buck.

Good luck on the launch Sony.

Hopefully dbrand can sell some skins of these soon. I have a white Japanese ps4 and I'd like to stick with that color too.

Same boat. I got the White Destiny PS4 back in 2014 (plain white, not the one with the Destiny markings). I like matte or metallic white for my electronics, but back then I had not yet discovered how good dbrand skins are -- will be fine enough for me to just cover a launch Pro in dbrand and call it a day, rather than wait for Sony to officially release a white model, which I personally think is inevitable. Probably with Destiny 2, even.

Graah... I don't know. I've had a preorder on this from day one, and I got cold feet yesterday and cancelled it. PC + Wii U... Likely going to get a Switch. I've lived fine without the PS4, so do I really need it? I've even got the 4kTV. I just do not know.

Gator86

Every time I see it, I'm re-surprised by how shit the design looks. Big Mac PS4 seems like the first thing you throw out during brainstorming before being scrapped immediately. Unfortunately, someone got their attachments fucked up and accidentally sent that design to the manufacturer.

Hexer06

Dem asterisks ;) lol. Was hoping for a better looking box this time around but oh well. Not much longer til I get mine! Is it bad that I'm pretty much getting this for Horizon:Zero Dawn and a hopeful bump for Persona 5 and Nioh? lol. I do have a 4K HDR TV for what it's worth :p.

First time ever that I preorder a console ia.

Same here. I usually wait for systems to have a decent library before I buy them but since the Pro is just an upgrade, I already have a game library ready and it lets me sell my base PS4 to put money towards it, so I couldn't resist.

I'm really looking forward to the IQ improvements.

Every time I see it, I'm re-surprised by how shit the design looks. Big Mac PS4 seems like the first thing you throw out during brainstorming before being scrapped immediately. Unfortunately, someone got their attachments fucked up and accidentally sent that design to the manufacturer.
At least they put a USB port on the back. That alone is my number one reason I'm getting the console.

Top Bottom