• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro | Future of Play | London | 2-3 November feat. Horizon, Nioh, GT & More

Hasney

This is good, for PS4 OG players too. Wasn't action mode 720p in the Alpha/Beta? Certainly looked like it.

These are the Pro options. Action mode on a standard might well still be 720p.

Does anyone have any idea how loud the console is?

The fans on my launch console were really loud (even after changing the thermal compound) so I switched over to a newer one a few months back and it's whisper quiet. I'm really hoping that the Pro is just as quiet as it's almost a deal breaker for me.

Wait for the Monday embargos to be lifted for people that have gotten it in the press and that to find out. This event will be too loud to draw any conclusions.

Tyaren

I don't think this applies to og ps4. I think hd here means people without 4k TVs on pro. Og is probably still the same.

These are the Pro options. Action mode on a standard might well still be 720p.

You are telling me that the OG PS4 will run the game in 720p and 30fps? Wow...that would be a really, really poor performance. The game doesn't even look that good.

Wereroku

You are telling me that the OG PS4 will run the game in 720p and 30fps? Wow...that would be a really, really poor performance. The game doesn't even look that good.

Action mode on the OG is 720p/60fps. The Movie mode is 1080p/30. They might get the action mode higher but they are making sure it is a solid 60 at the end.

Tyaren

Action mode on the OG is 720p/60fps. The Movie mode is 1080p/30. They might get the action mode higher but they are making sure it is a solid 60 at the end.

I see, thanks. :) I would have been surprised if the OG PS4 would not be able to run the game in 1080p (or at least 900p) with 30fps.

BigEmil

The Nioh Beta had three modes for the OG PS4.
Movie - 1080p 30fps
Action - 720p 60fps (looks sub 720p sometimes or maybe its lower effects too)
Variable 1080p Unlocked fps which hovers around 40fps

So likely Variable mode will be used for PS4 Pro to push it to 60 and likely add other stuff too, HDR, uprender or affect other effects etc.

Wereroku

The Nioh alpha had three modes
Movie - 1080p 30fps
Action - 720p 60fps
Variable 1080p Unlocked fps which hovers around 40fps

So likely Variable mode will be used for PS4 Pro to push it to 60 and maybe other stuff too

It had a variable mode? That sounds like a bad idea. I must have never attempted to select that in the Alpha or Beta.

BigEmil

CwVSRBvXgAAqfXA.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/DvLZGaME/status/794131370629009408
Didn't see this. So these are the final options available for PS4 Pro owners! Sweet!
Damn this is tempting to buy PS4 Pro just for this game...
I'll be mainly using Pro's Action Mode 1080p 60fps

Yeah variable seems kind of worthless. You get an average of 40-45 it seems. I guess they were working on that mode for the Pro like you said.
Well for the OG PS4 owners for those who really wants 1080p but anything higher than 30 its still good ranging from 40-50 if you don't mind unstable fps compared to locked stable 30

So, in the NiOh Beta, did Variable mode affect graphics at all? Or was it literally just the full graphics 1080p30 mode with an uncapped framerate?

If so, I can buy that the PS Pro's action mode will be full graphics 1080p60.

BigEmil

So, in the NiOh Beta, did Variable mode affect graphics at all? Or was it literally just the full graphics 1080p30 mode with an uncapped framerate?

If so, I can buy that the PS Pro's action mode will be full graphics 1080p60.
Well when I tested it with my own eyes on my monitor the beta, I switched between the modes alot and didn't notice any graphic differences between Movie and Variable mode

Well when I tested it with my own eyes on my monitor I switched between the modes alot and didn't notice any graphic differences between Movie and Variable mode

Sweet. Then 1080p60 on Pro is probably the best mode, IMO. And given how it performed on the OG PS4, I'm expecting that it'll be rock-solid.

Killing Floor 2: PS4 Pro Details, Open Beta Begins November 4

The extra memory on PS4 Pro allows us to activate our ultra textures that have higher resolution over the standard PS4. The ultra textures add extra surface detail to everything in the game including first-person weapons, arms, zeds, and the levels themselves.

These high-res textures will be used whether the player is playing on a 4K TV or a standard 1080p display.

If they could do this in Killing Floor 2 I don't see why Guerilla Games couldn't do this for Horizon: Zero Dawn and keep the improved features in both resoultion modes.

Top Bottom