• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Shortages In The US?

What is the reason for this?

• Low sales

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • Can't keep up with demands

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Sony doesn't want to risk any more Pro's so they only use LE knowing they will sell out

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • New iteration

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • Incompetence

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Godzilla

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Trump

Votes: 21 18.8%

• Total voters

THE:MILKMAN

I think Sony just don't make that many and so demand always outstrips supply? I don't think it is discontinued as they have a new iteration (CUH-7200) coming.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The link you posted literally has a 'Buy Now' button, OP.

Stealth drunk thread?
Are you?

GqL5PI3.png

Best Buy and Gamestop got em online.
qW995bJ.png

txvd6Nh.png

Leonidas

Read a few weeks ago that there is a chip manufacturing issue... one of the chips in the console is also being used in phones and phones are getting more allocation. Can't find the link atm.

Shifty

Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop are all showing "in stock" for me.

The implication being that you'd have to be drunk to assume a worldwide supply chain would stealthily retire a current and successful product without so much as a press release because it's out of stock for you. That's some conspiracy theorist shit.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop are all showing "in stock" for me.

The implication being that you'd have to be drunk to assume a worldwide supply chain would stealthily retire a current and successful product without so much as a press release because it's out of stock for you. That's some conspiracy theorist shit.
I'm literally linking new from the website not local. Calm down. Walmart's is also a third party seller please read the OP and other comments.

Read a few weeks ago that there is a chip manufacturing issue... one of the chips in the console is also being used in phones and phones are getting more allocation. Can't find the link atm.
Its what I am thinking.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing one in a store is a good thing though.

You do still have a point though, what if this is a sign Sony is gearing up for the PS5 next year?

Austin, Dallas, Vegas and New York are all out on Target. These aren't small cities either. The only way to buy a Ps4 Online in the US right now thru major retailers is thru third party sellers. If this doesn't raise any questions for people idk what will.

Virex

Banned
This thread should be under the “Dumb Questions That Don’t Deserve It’s Own Thread” section. Or stricter thread creations rules need to be created.

Austin, Dallas, Vegas and New York are all out on Target. These aren't small cities either. The only way to buy a Ps4 Online in the US right now thru major retailers is thru third party sellers. If this doesn't raise any questions for people idk what will.

I live in a relatively small town, that might be a factor.

I don't think "discontinued" is the right word so much as gearing down, possibly in preparation for the PS5 like I said.

Shifty

I'm literally linking new from the website not local. Calm down.
I'm as calm as can be. You on the other hand seem frazzled enough to be taking screenshots after the fact and editing them into posts that have already been responded to..?

And I'm talking about the sony link that you posted. Where it says 'see website' and 'out of stock' in your screenshot, it's saying 'in stock' for me. Unless there's some direct-from-sony option missing that hasn't been contextualized in this conversation, that is.

Anyhow, you seem intent on taking this as some sort of warning sign from sony so I'm just going to disengage and let you get on with that. The PS4 Pro will be fine.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I live in a relatively small town, that might be a factor.

I don't think "discontinued" is the right word so much as gearing down, possibly in preparation for the PS5 like I said.
Its most likely a shortage in the US. Just seems weird people aren't talking about it.

I'm as calm as can be. You on the other hand seem frazzled enough to be taking screenshots after the fact and editing them into posts that have already been responded to..?

And I'm talking about the sony link that you posted. Where it says 'see website' and 'out of stock' in your screenshot, it's saying 'in stock' for me. Unless there's some direct-from-sony option missing that hasn't been contextualized in this conversation, that is.

Anyhow, you seem intent on taking this as some sort of warning sign from sony so I'm just going to disengage and let you get on with that. The PS4 Pro will be fine.
I'm posting screenshots to said websites to show you I did check em before and not just coming in here telling people they are drunk. This isn't a console war thread but it seems that is what you got outta it. You could show me screenshots of said online retailers in the US where it shows otherwise but that is what I get at my end so w/e.

Azurro

Banned

I see it available in electronics stores in Germany, Poland and CZ. If anything it probably can't keep up with demand in the US, nothing to speculate crazy things over.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
A shortage ain't "discontinued" though.

The PS2 suffered shortages at first.
Yeah could have used that other than discontinued. Would have gotten some people here to actually read the OP if I had done that I guess. This isn't the first time we got one either from the Pro.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Just because its sold out locally does not mean its sold out globally.

Here they are plenty available, on tray's even. (NL)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just because its sold out locally does not mean its sold out globally.

Here they are plenty available, on tray's even. (NL)

OP
Seemingly months and I haven't seen a Ps4 Pro on the shelves of ANY local retailer barring the 3 to 4 Spiderman consoles. I've even asked around and people can't seem to know why. When you look online https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4/systems/#ps4-pro

They are all sold out. In the US anyway.

#Sony anybody?

Discontinued is a completely terrible word to use.
The Wii U is discontinued but yes my bad.

Three

Betteridge's Law strikes again. There should be a title change. Why would they discontinue a product they are running adverts for? Sold out doesn't mean discontinued.

Checking some US sites and looks as if direct from retailers are sold out. There are some available at ridiculous prices through alternative sellers. Either way, wow. Looking at these replies, some of you Sony kids get seriously triggered over nothing.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Maybe? If we only had numbers...

Seems like the sales picked up right before God of War released.

Original PS4 Pro
God of War PS4 Pro Bundle
Spider-Man PS4 Pro Bundle
500 Million Edition Bundle Pro Bundle

I'm not sure what they're going to do with Red Dead Redemption 2, so maybe they're going to have a RDR2 themed bundle.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The LE were limited AF 2 now that I think about it. But yeah either way all sold out.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
OP

The Wii U is discontinued but yes my bad.
Does not mean its discontinued mate. Then again you acknowledge this in a later post. You might want to report your own post and request a title change so you won't have to take screenshots or relink to your OP.

In my defence i was only paying half attention (for once), primarily because i am not a US resident.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Seems like the sales picked up right before God of War released.
Well it has been in short supply for a good minute, because I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and got it date and day, but checking in the days and weeks after launch, I read many persons could not find one and it was out of stock there.....

Besides the hardcore, I think many persons either upgraded or wanted a PRO when they saw Horizon Zero Dawn and Guerilla showed where they had a good PRO implementation....Yet you're right, GOW just took demand for PRO out of the stratoshpere and hence why we're hearing more of the issue now because more persons want one, yet the supply issue has always existed....

Hopefully, Sony is stocking up or getting a PRO hardware refresh incoming, because they have quite a few bundles in circulation and more coming....Spiderman, RDR2, Limited Edition, Fortnite and I imagine more for the holidays.....

Boss Mog

It's kind of funny because I'm gonna sound like a member of the asylum, but this may actually be Trump's fault. Trump's 25% tariff on Chinese goods which actually includes electronics that have any Chinese components in them. (which is pretty much all of them) could actually cause Sony to be losing money if they were to sell the PS4 Pro at 400 bucks in the US. So my guess is they are letting stocks run out for now and only sending very small shipments to brick and mortar stores as online retailers most likely require a large stock to sell nationwide in the US. They're trying to wait it out, hoping maybe there'll be a resolution soon and they can get back to sending tons of Pros to the US. Hopefully for Sony it'll be before Black Friday because if not they'll probably lose big either way. PC parts are also going to rise in the US because of this, including the new RTX cards which I doubt will be anywhere near MSRP when they launch.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. 15 votes blaming Godzilla and 0 blaming Donald Trump. NeoGAF really HAS changed.
If you could vote for Godzilla or Trump you'd vote for Godzilla don't lie.

Top Bottom