• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Remote Play - Two screen multiplayer (NfS: Rivals)

netBuff

It seems like some PS4 games allow remote play multiplayer matches with PS4 and Vita active at the same time, giving each player his/her own view. A pretty cool feature previously exclusive to the Wii U!

I guess I picked the perfect time to buy a Vita ;)

BY0cv3hIgAEwIbu.jpg:large

ntTiR8W.png

Takao

Banned
This isn't new, Knack supports this. I guess it's new in the sense that we didn't know NFS: Rivals supported this.

jwk94

So I'm guessing they're signed onto separate accounts, then? Last time I checked, NFS didn't have local multiplayer.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cool. I figured that - initially at least - you'd only be able to do this with single-screen co-op or multiplayer, ala Knack. So this is good.

Bruno

What I want to know is, can I bring my Vita to a friends house and remote play on his console but logged into my PSN account on the Vita.

DogMeat77

I was under the impression that there wasn't local co-op for NFS:Rivals. Is this just 2 different accounts/ps4s with one being on remote play?

If they snuck in local coop, I will purchase.

Wow knew this was available for Knack but thought this specific Remote Play use case would only be utilized in 1P offerings.

Good to see a 3rd party offer couch co-op Remote Play

Damn all the possible uses for remote play are starting to confuse me. Sony stop giving us so many use cases!!!
/s

RaikuHebi

Banned
Let's not forget Vita TV. 2 TV multiplayer.

As many games need to support this as possible (possibly even 3 or 4 screens!!!).

blackflag

I've had my Vita since launch. I'll have my PS4 on Friday....I didn't even know about this feature...awesome. I thought it was just remote play.

Mumford

This is cool, I hope split-screen shooters such as CoD will implement this feature in the future. (It's in the Wii U version.)
#EndScreenLooking

Tsundere

Banned
Holy crap I just thought of something...

Since I can't pick up my PS4 until Friday morning at 8am... And I need to work that day... I'm going to get it, set it up and enable remote play -- head to work with my PSVita, and play with the PS4 from work!!!

Man its going to be SO awesome!!!

Think I'll put Knack in the drive before I leave too! =D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking purely for myself here, this is a WAY bigger deal than remote play. I hope a lot of games take advantage of this.

wait what? this can't be right, can it? this would mean PS4 is rendering the game twice and sending out a video output to 2 devices.

Aspiring

Oh man I picked NBA over NFS simply because of the lack of split screen. Now I want to change it over! I wonder if amazon would?

coldfoot

Banned
I wonder what the resolution would be in the main TV in this case. Half of regular resolution, so for NFS, it'd be about 720p?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
wait what? this can't be right, can it? this would mean PS4 is rendering the game twice and sending out a video output to 2 devices.

It's probably splitting the res - which is fine, it does that anyway for split screen.

Although I guess it can do it smartly when a Vita is being used, giving less res to the Vita stream.

Artex

Banned
I'm super excited to try out remote play on Friday. Interested to see how well it works through my access points from PS4 (basement) to bedroom (second flloor). My master bedroom being where I prefer to poop is just ask important as playing before bed.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wait? PS4 is rendering 2 separate fullscreens of gameplay for local coop?

Sony never mentioned that before. They only mentioned pure mirroring. Greggy needs to reconfirm this.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I wonder what the resolution would be in the main TV in this case. Half of regular resolution, so for NFS, it'd be about 720p?
Since Remote Play has its own dedicated resources I don't think there will be a downgrade on the TV?

Wait? PS4 is rendering 2 separate fullscreens of gameplay for local coop?

Sony never mentioned that before. They only mentioned pure mirroring. Greggy needs to reconfirm this.
Game by game basis.

Bradf50

Looks amazing. Was skeptical but as I see more and more stuff about this feature it just makes me want to go buy a Vita.

Just had a thought. What if in a future software update you could use an app alongside remote play so someone could remote play on Vita and another person can watch Netflix on PS4. That would be an amazing feature and co-op play makes me think that this would be a possibility no?

Lunzio

Why December? That seems strange.

Stock problems.

Pre-ordered the game minutes after the deal went up yesterday but my copy still won't come til December (along with NBA 2K14). Debating whether or not I should go for Assassin's Creed instead for the week.

That being said, has there been an interesting coverage of this game lately/E3?

Ricker

Holy crap I just thought of something...

Since I can't pick up my PS4 until Friday morning at 8am... And I need to work that day... I'm going to get it, set it up and enable remote play -- head to work with my PSVita, and play with the PS4 from work!!!

Man its going to be SO awesome!!!

Think I'll put Knack in the drive before I leave too! =D

That probably wont work...didnt they say last week that remote play needs to be like real close and on the same router lan(inside your house...)

kmg90

I'm super excited to try out remote play on Friday. Interested to see how well it works through my access points from PS4 (basement) to bedroom (second flloor). My master bedroom being where I prefer to poop is just ask important as playing before bed.

Too much information

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spelunky did this brahs, more people need to play Spelunky.

Dinda

I think he misunderstood the "just like the WiiU" part.

I don't think it can render two different screens.

RaikuHebi

Banned
That probably wont work...didnt they say last week that remote play needs to be like real close and on the same router lan(inside your house...)
Not at all. If he has great upload at home and great download at work then it should be fine.

Top Bottom