• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 selling out.....

Manus

The only stack of PS4s I saw at the local Best Buy were the awful looking Star Wars Battlefront 2 bundles.

So you’ve never owned a high end PC now that’s how you heat a room!

I actually made sure the coldest room in my house was my PC room. The X and my Pro while venting heat are mild in comparison.

I was exaggerating a little lol but it does give off more heat than i expected.
And yes I've owned gaming pc's. Currently have a i5 4690k/gtx 1070.

orochi91

Yesterday at the Walmart I was at to snatch an awesome 4k tv they had on sale.

Saw almost everybody in the gaming section snatching up the PS4's in droves. This guy was something else though.

dJobGDK.png

November NPD is gona be fiyah.

Now that's a dick move.

I wonder what the cashiers are thinking while cashing all that stuff out.

Diablos

Is the base ps4 still such a hot product,

I would of thought the pro,X and Switch are the hotnesses now. Ps4 is now a babies toy.
At a lower price point you’re getting access to a formidable game library even if it’s not a Pro or something new like Switch. You can’t go wrong.

Diablos

good to hear. is there a noticeable diff between regular and boost mode?
Eh well the thing is you will only benefit from boost mode in games that are NOT yet patched for Pro.

Those benefits include faster loading times and doing a better job of hitting the target FPS consistently with fewer dips. For example if a game is supposed to be 30fps but it dips to 25 a lot, boost mode would help it stay closer to 30. That’s about it.

But again, if the game is patched for Pro then boost mode does nothing.

im wondering if these consoles are even going to stay in the US. i feel like the amount they would make here isn't worth the effort.

scalpers aside, i believe that ps4s were flying off of shelves....I was in two targets and most people in the electronic sections were buying tvs or ps4s. didn't see as many switches being bought, though i did see a very large stock of them

Heath V

I guess Microsoft has given up on this gen otherwise they would slash the price of the X to better compete against the Pro...the X is just a prototype for their next gen system

You expect them to slash the price of a system that hasn't even been out a month?? And something tells me they haven't given up since they just released a new console...

Breakage

Saw almost everybody in the gaming section snatching up the PS4's in droves. This guy was something else though.

dJobGDK.png

Maybe he is going to stack them and call it "art".

DKPOWPOW

I was at Walmart Friday morning and they sold out of their $200 PS4's. They still had Switch's out on the floor and Xbox's. I was lucky enough to find a SNES classic. Kinda surprised, didn't think PS4 would be so popular this late in the game.

TLZ

Banned

dJobGDK.png

Dude stacking PS4s to create his own PS5.

jacobs34

Newegg has the 1TB Slim with COD WWII in stock right now for $199 if anyone is still interested.

Seems like a great deal. The skin on it is super ugly, but if I end up disliking WWII I will probably sell it and buy a new skin for the console.

Thorrgal

Now that's a dick move.

I wonder what the cashiers are thinking while cashing all that stuff out.

I bought 3 Pros last year on a No-VAT day and when I jokinly asked the cashier if I could buy 10 she said they would happily sell me 20 if I wanted

B-Ri

Every brick store I went to this weekend was sold out/ close to selling out! $199?! Insane! Even gamestop had $199 WITH a $50 gift card?! Jebus!

I also found stacks of Switches, so good on Nintendo for actually having supply.

I saw two targets with one Xbox One X, and I resisted all temptation 😂

dJobGDK.png

Wtf?

Don't understand for what purpose you'd need so many PS4s.

SaucyJack

Is the base ps4 still such a hot product,

I would of thought the pro,X and Switch are the hotnesses now. Ps4 is now a babies toy.

In the UK it is the base console (500gb) that is selling out everywhere. Black Friday deals of the base console with multiple games at £199 has been flying off the shelves.

Unknown?

I’m going to call it, 10M for Q3 Worldwide. Last year was 9.7M and I’m betting they can muster another 300k this year.

Fbh

so even though the Xbox X is much more powerful people are still flocking to the PS4/Pro...what does that say about the console market?

That, like most other products, there is more to consoles than just raw power/specs? Stuff like exclusives, marketing, what platform your friends are on and, maybe most importantly, price are all important factors

You might be shocked, but according to the data we get from Steam the GTX 1050, 1060 and 1070 are all more popular than the Gtx 1080 despite it being much more powerful. The GTX 1060 is actually the most popular GPU on steam right now. It's almost as if for most people getting good performance for $200 was more appealing than getting the best performance for $700

In the UK it is the base console (500gb) that is selling out everywhere. Black Friday deals of the base console with multiple games at £199 has been flying off the shelves.

It's only delusional people who think the bulk of sales are going to be driven by pros or x1xes. I'm pretty sure most households still don't have 4k tvs. Honestly I think pro or x1x sales being over around 20% of the total is likely an indication of very poor overall sales numbers.

A.M_Light

Neo Member
Base ps4 at 200$ is an incredible value with a healthy library and guranteed future support. It offers better value than both Pro & X

SaucyJack

It's only delusional people who think the bulk of sales are going to be driven by pros or x1xes. I'm pretty sure most households still don't have 4k tvs. Honestly I think pro or x1x sales being over around 20% of the total is likely an indication of very poor overall sales numbers.

I always thought Base/Premium models ratio was going to be something like 80/20 (at best) for both PS and Xbox. Price plus games beats specs (over a minimum hurdle) for the majority.

Toni

I’m going to call it, 10M for Q3 Worldwide. Last year was 9.7M and I’m betting they can muster another 300k this year.

Im going with this as well.

Sony will crush the 19 million sales prediction for the whole year.

I was there at PS4's launch with the lines and been out and about on every Black Friday since PS4 came out and I have never seen this much demand for it. Not just what I saw in Walmart, but on Instagram, Facebook, folks taking photos of it online, websites announcing it sold out, Reddit updates of it, insiders sharing how it was selling out in droves, etc. everywhere the presence of the PS4 was felt for black friday week in a way I hadn't seen before.

I dare say $199 was a stroke of genius from Sony's part. The timing was just right.

Chastten

Banned
No matter how well the Switch does, it has been clear for a couple of years now that the PS4 will be winner this gen. Selling out when it goes on sale for a great price shouldn't be so surprising. Happened earlier this year here as well, when it sold for €188 nationwide in the week the Switch launched.

I personally still think the controller is a piece of trash, but Sony did great with the PS4 on all fronts. Hard to deny that.

JaxBriggs

I personally still think the controller is a piece of trash, but Sony did great with the PS4 on all fronts. Hard to deny that.

Bar the mostly useless light and crappy battery life, I think the DS4 is the best controller they've made. Certainly the most comfortable to hold.

But yeah, boy did the battery life take a massive step backwards compared to the DS3.

Chastten

Banned
Bar the mostly useless light and crappy battery life, I think the DS4 is the best controller they've made. Certainly the most comfortable to hold.

But yeah, boy did the battery life take a massive step backwards compared to the DS3.

Haha, well, you're certainly right about it being better then previous DS controllers and the battery life, but my problem is mostly with the left control stick. I have tiny hands and I can't for the life of me control a 3D game with that stick being so far out. For the right stick, where you only have to move the camera every once in a while and only have to move it slightly that's no issue on any controller I've used so far. But the left stick is an obstacle I can't overcome, which is why I haven't bought a PS4. Shame, because otherwise it's a great piece of hardware, with a great library and awesome deals all the time. Certainly the best Sony console so far.

Top Bottom