• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Slim Unboxing Video

Armadilo

Banned

- wow PlayStation, just announce this thing already

We just want the Neo
6TYaMHY.gif

95_AF1525_A266_4_AB2_8_DBF_D62189_C2_C19_C.jpg

BA676094_3_E4_D_4_ADA_AD18_07_FDEFEF8486.jpg

GlaringWarmheartedElephantseal.gif

I really like the look of the Slim. It's just missing that blue light at the front which would truly make it look truly great.

The controller doesn't seem much different, which is fine by me. The light on the touchpad is nice.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
It's incredibly funny that everyone was yelling at the the beginning: 'ugly, 100% fake,' :p

dc89

Where are they getting these from!?
I bet he was that kid who said 'I have an uncle who works at Playstation' and no one believed him.

thenexus6

How are people getting this SO early??

Man the front does not look good.... the two tiny buttons in the corner and the separated USB ports. Apart from that I kinda like it.

So these things are already boxed and ready to sell?

I think it's releasing on Sept 7th then

It's under your seats!!

ekim

It blows my fucking mind that there exists an unboxing video for an unannounced game console.

As I said in the other thread it's probably supposed to be released on the day it gets announced. So they are already about to fill stocks.

cheezcake

Looks much nicer than OG PS4, that light at the top of the controller is an awful decision though. Supposedly because it's just transparency in the plastic you wont be able to turn it off either.

I don't think it looks too bad. It does look cheaper though overall, I wonder how much they are cutting the price down on this. $299? $279?

wapplew

Better lighting condition and camera make slim look very nice. Finishing could be better, but the design is clean.

kinezu

Where are they getting these from!?
I bet he was that kid who said 'I have an uncle who works at Playstation' and no one believed him.

Man the front does not look good.... the two tiny buttons in the corner and the separated USB ports. Apart from that I kinda like it.

It's under your seats!!

Gumtree apparently. Also, the boxes and manuals have a great focus on arabic, so maybe that's where the leak comes from as many games appear there in advance because retailers there don't care about embargo.

It's under your seats!!

"YOU GET A SLIM! YOU GET A SLIM...EVERYBODY GETS SLIMS!!

Peterthumpa

Well, at least a Xbox One S / PS4 Slim combo in the living room will look like 2016 devices instead of monster VCRs from the 90s.

xrnzaaas

It's nice that now you can actually see the color of the light bar on the controller, but another light source could mean even shorter battery life.

I also like how they removed crappy front buttons from the current console and replaced them with proper ones.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So stores must've started getting these about three weeks prior to the announcement (September 7); didn't take long for some to trickle out. Sony's probably plugged the leak by now, though.

It looks a lot better when you can see it in video/motion instead of low quality pics from unflattering angles.

This is the same guy who bought it at Gumtree or is another slim out there?

The same seller had more to sell, so very possible it's someone else, although looks same LG TV and same glass stand, not sure how popular those are up in Manchester, maybe it's the stand of choice!

It's nice that now you can actually the color of the light bar on the controller, but another light source could mean even shorter battery life.

It's probably the same bulb just with more transparent parts to show it, much like people seem to think there is a light on the back of Macbooks for the apple, not knowing it's just the main screen lighting it up.

There was a rumored September 14th release date, yea?

So it's either that or on September 7th given how early it's shipping out to stores.

I'm inclined to go with the former given the world wide demand for the PS4.

Top Bottom