• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UK/EU - Walk into a store and pick it up?

Pretty simple, post any stores that you know have free sale stock at a reasonable price. Make sure you mention location of store please, don't just tease people with the claim of your local store having stock...

I'm not going to risk it tonight, but will be heading out tomorrow morning in the hopes of getting one from Argos, Asda, Tesco, John Lewis, etc.

Hoping I'll be able to walk in & grab one from somewhere too. Also need to stop by a HMV to see if I can nip that £99 Vita deal.

Rich!

I'm at Tesco. Number 56 in the queue. Completely sold out of solus and bundle consoles already.

Uh, good luck I guess.

meppi

Might get lucky in a small local shop, but in chains, I don't think so.
The shop I preordered 6 months ago screwed up and I lost my preorder.
Put one down at norther shop and I'm now 14th in line while they are only getting 7. :(

jonno394

People were queuing at my local large tesco from around 6.30. Was very tempted to join them but then realised I didnt want to wait around for 5 and a half hours.

Ertai

As far as Dutch retail goes: forget it. A lot of stores were unable to fill at least a quarter of their pre orders, let alone have available stock

thejazzking

Neo Member
Tesco and Asda are doing midnight launches. Asda stores are listed in a link above. Tesco aren't being so helpful. Apparently Argos will have stock. There's a few others.

Videogamer put up an article about it: http://www.videogamer.com/news/this..._a_ps4_from_tomorrow_without_a_pre-order.html

Also, John Lewis confirmed that you will be able to buy online at 00.00 when the button becomes available. I have confirmed that my local store (Sheffield) will not get any actual stock, but it's worth checking. They said the majority will be sold online though.

Brohan

My faith is fading, tomorrow some of my friends and i will scour some shops in the Netherlands and Belgium in hope that we might get lucky.

If we fail i just hope that the second batch doesn't take too long.

PLS SONY! XD

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have money and don't mind the bundle, game might be an option. They look to be forcing £599 bundles on spare stock so extra consoles might last longer than in other stores just selling the standard box.

jiggles

Banned
I'm parked outside Asda Strabane. Girlfriend (who's gone in to get groceries) has reported there's 8 walk-in consoles for sale total and that a queue had already formed elsewhere in the store.

KORNdoggy

Tesco Hartlepool had a few Xbox One's the morning after. I suspect the same will happen for PS4.

My local tesco's (hull) just sent my friend away, said people had been queuing since 11am, and that the stock had sold out many times over. In his words "never seen so many dissapointed chavs in my life" i doubt these will be avaliable tomorrow morning tbh. But who knows. Sony's got a helluva seller on their hands.

I left going out too late tonight, went to 5 Tesco stores and 2 Asda's and none left already, queues for them were insane. Also a few police cars outside a couple of the Tesco stores (probably to stop people getting jumped getting back to their cars...)

Only place you can still probably go is Argos if you can get there early enough. Think that's what I'm gonna do...ugh.

You should have done local store pick up. You can get them to send it to your nearest Waitrose for next day.

Thought about it, but I'm happy with home delivery. Saves me worrying about getting to the store, etc.

Now I need to make space for it and get a copy Knack too...

Extremely happy the order went through, felt like an absolute age waiting for each page to load.

Fully on board the next gen train now, although I barely have enough time to play what I already have...

Yeah, my Amazon order had issues today, I was shitting it thinking I would either have to queue up in the cold with a bunch of chavs or just hope to stumble on one somewhere. Luckily Amazon sorted it the fuck out.

Next gen is going to be a wild ride my friend. It starts with Resogun!

Man this hype........i didnt want a ps4 (yet) until afew hours ago........i have a pile of notes and car keys sitting in front of me...must.......fight.........urge!

Note from NSA; GrizzleBoys kinect feed detects no evidence of any available currency. Only mode of transport appears to be a bus pass.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I don't want to hate those of you that checked out at John Lewis in time.

...I don't want to hate you.

Why the fuck didn't you pre-order?

/I'm drinking Stella by the way. What about you?

RaikuHebi

Banned
John Lewis failed for me. Got to payment details but after that it didn't work :(.

If only my Dad had saved details beforehand...

Extremely happy the order went through, felt like an absolute age waiting for each page to load.

Fully on board the next gen train now, although I barely have enough time to play what I already have...
Congrats dude. Lucky you made it :D

You still have to finish Beyond though hehe :p

Orbis

I left going out too late tonight, went to 5 Tesco stores and 2 Asda's and none left already, queues for them were insane. Also a few police cars outside a couple of the Tesco stores (probably to stop people getting jumped getting back to their cars...)

Only place you can still probably go is Argos if you can get there early enough. Think that's what I'm gonna do...ugh.
Yup, same experience here. ASDA had people queuing from 6am and allocated tickets to these people, and Tesco had a sign up at the end of a queue saying there were none left. Game have none until 2014. Argos said they're not doing pre-orders so you may be right, there could be a few available in the morning; you can't reserve online either so it's worth a shot. Guess I know where I'll be at 9.

Yeah, my Amazon order had issues today, I was shitting it thinking I would either have to queue up in the cold with a bunch of chavs or just hope to stumble on one somewhere. Luckily Amazon sorted it the fuck out.

Next gen is going to be a wild ride my friend. It starts with Resogun!

Yeah, Resogun is looking. Contrast and Knack too and maybe I'll be able to find a copy of NBA2K14 as well...

What an amazing time to be a gamer.

Top Bottom