• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 update 4.70 is out

Elman

I was still having problems with Stardew Valley and rest mode on my Pro.... And now I'm not? We'll see if this lasts...

From what i am hearing,this update break make new encryption to the save files,and save editors programs like save wizard and cyber gadget currently doesn't work with the new update.

Maybe this is normal and can be fixed in several days.

Why do I find out this is a thing? I don't have much time and I like cheating in order to cut the grinding out

and it's patched now

SHIT

Vandole

1pyklk.jpg

That tournament stuff seems interesting I'd be interested to know more about that , is there like a PS blog post or something detailing the update?????

DOWN

Banned
iOS 7 marked the inevitable shift of all major brands from skeuomorphism to cell shading

I like it

Aenima

Liked the old icons design more, but the new ones fit better with the rest of the UI icons.
After the update i dont even noticed the icons had changed if was not for this thread :p

Zasa

Nothing like waking up in the morning to make some bacon & eggs with a side of dat stability. Mmm, delicious.

Mediking

What the hell?! I haven't even downloaded the update yet my PS4 is refusing to start... what the hell???? This is random as hell!

Edit: Managed to get it turn on.... but man... it's lagging like crazy! What the hell is happening?

Mediking

Am I the only one seriously having problems with their PS4 lagging outta nowhere? This timing is crazy. I was just playing Persona 5 fine yesterday!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Didn't notice any difference in the icons honestly, but then again I have the super fly Parappa animated theme going on .. so that's all good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noticed the new PS store icon change last night when I was buying the Driveclub season pass via their website. Huuuuge downgrade. Playstation branding should stick to the shapes in general IMO.

Is this update going to be pushed out to everyone or do you have to do a manual process involving a USB? I booted up my PS4 before I went to work and I did not see any request to update window.

Mediking

For anyone that cares or is gonna face this in the future....

I'm doing the Safe Mode: Update Software thing. If that doesn't work then I'm gonna hafta Rebuild the Database.

PS4 was working totally fine the other day. I was playing Persona 5 easily. But today... it's refusing to work and is lagging like crazy. It really scared me... still scared. Lol

Mediking

Thank God for Safe Mode....

PS4 is back to normal... sort've.

The notifications kept complaining that I didn't download the update even though my PS4 says it did...

Everything is fine though. :D Might do a Rebuild Database sometime in the near future. Actually... I'm gonna totally buy a PS4 Pro after E3.

Unknown?

What the hell?! I haven't even downloaded the update yet my PS4 is refusing to start... what the hell???? This is random as hell!

Edit: Managed to get it turn on.... but man... it's lagging like crazy! What the hell is happening?
Sounds like you need more quality!

Vashetti

Banned
Is this update going to be pushed out to everyone or do you have to do a manual process involving a USB? I booted up my PS4 before I went to work and I did not see any request to update window.

You can force it by going to System Software Update in Settings.

What the? 4.70 and just stability? Sth they normally add with 0.05 updates. They are close to E3 and they release an update without any new feature? I was hoping they would bring up new features to keep competing.

What the? 4.70 and just stability? Sth they normally add with 0.05 updates. They are close to E3 and they release an update without any new feature? I was hoping they would bring up new features to keep competing.

Probably has loads of secret stuff under the hood that they'll unlock with a smaller 0.1 update at E3 or something.

Probably has loads of secret stuff under the hood that they'll unlock with a smaller 0.1 update at E3 or something.

I really hope so. They need to bring some fo the features wishlisted many times here in Neogaf and other places like playing PS1 games with trophies, changing names etc.

Mengetsu

This could be stopping the PS4 Save Wizard or the PS4 Xploder from working also. The beta just released a few days ago.

BigEmil

Thank God for Safe Mode....

PS4 is back to normal... sort've.

The notifications kept complaining that I didn't download the update even though my PS4 says it did...

Everything is fine though. :D Might do a Rebuild Database sometime in the near future. Actually... I'm gonna totally buy a PS4 Pro after E3.
Good to hear

Top Bottom