• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4K information (~2x GPU power w/ clock+, new CPU, price, tent. Q1 2017)

Andrefpvs

It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

Screw that. Make the PS4K version as beautiful as you want, but if we start getting games running like crap on the regular PS4, then Sony can piss off.

daman824

Lol at all the people in the previous thread insisting that developers would prioritize the origina ps4.

Get ready to upgrade if you don't want to be left behind.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
post-24099-well-there-it-is-gif-Jeff-Gold-yNHs.gif

Deep Down still exists? Hah. That's what I took away from this news.

Also, I'm into the PS4K or whatever it's called and I 'll pre-order it when I can.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

Yikes.

GHG

Gold Member
If this means PD will get their shit together and actually release a next gen GT in the next 12 months then I'm all for it.

Lingitiz

It was stated plainly and with no room for interpretation that there are developers that already have development kits for the PS4K and that they are making games that will directly target and take advantage of the higher specs of the PS4K. It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

It was also made very clear that current games would not be getting any type of performance upgrades by being played on the system and any benefits to older games would come via patch per game and per developer. When asked if this was going to happen the response was "Its a possibility but doubtful with the exception of a handful of games."
If true fuck everything about this. It's basically everything most people are fearing.

AmyS

Count me in.

Watch Rockstar re-release GTA5 that runs at 60fps (native 1080p still). Would look amazing upscaled to 4K.

With a GPU twice as powerful *and* a faster CPU, I think this could be possible.

Ydelnae

Now that you revealed everything Sony has under wraps for the rest of the year there's no point on investing on marketing strategies like E3 conferences, PSX and the rest of the events, which have been rendered pointless thanks to this leak.

Kezen

Banned
Excellent news.

Won't buy one of course, but this is good for PC gaming, more pressure on AMD/Nvidia to keep up.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This thing better downscale 4K to 1080p.

Because I don't know anyone with a 4K TV. Is there even widespread 4K content at all?

bgbball31

Really hoping for a trade in, but if not I'm guessing Gamestop will have something similar (although probably way suckier for a deal.)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
whaaaaaatttt

this is nuts

this can't drop at the same time as vr, can it? shit is gonna get real expensive -_-

Goodness. This sounds like a massive step up doesn't it? ...can Uncharted look even better? Run at 60 FPS?

As long as PS4 1.0 is supported, I don't mind this. But I wonder if developers will bother optimizing for PS4 1.0, or even if the optimization for both will be balanced.

Can we please expect that? Will devs have to work a significant time to support two different PS4 versions?

daveo42

Banned
The GPU bump doesn't sound all the impressive. Better CPU is a definite though. Unsurprising that support would need to be patched in to take advantage of the updated hardware.

Super curious if they are also looking at a bump in RAM.

Top Bottom