• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4K information (~2x GPU power w/ clock+, new CPU, price, tent. Q1 2017)

Hexa

Software patents are an abomination.
It's a good thing the EU rejected them.

This is false. Software per se is rejected by both regions but in both regions patent claims can be drafted such that they are allowed. Actually currently, since a court case referred to as Alice in the US, it's easier in the EU.

flozuki

My understanding is that 10bit colour means that you use a wide colour gamut such P3 or BT.2020. I wonder how this will work for HDR games on the XB1 though as WCG is one of the main pillars of HDR.

Edit: Alien Isolation on PC jumps to mind, if I remember correctly that games uses 10bit colour if you got the hardware.

Here are some HDR impressions (Gears) and some details how hey realize it.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-gears-of-war-4-tech-interview

We will see how it really looks in a few weeks :-D

III-V

My understanding is that 10bit colour means that you use a wide colour gamut such P3 or BT.2020. I wonder how this will work for HDR games on the XB1 though as WCG is one of the main pillars of HDR.

Edit: Alien Isolation on PC jumps to mind, if I remember correctly that games uses 10bit colour if you got the hardware.

Full P3 let alone BT.2020 is not even required for HDR to absolutely make a huge difference.

Kyoufu

I'm reposting this here since the other thread is dead.. I hope to get some insight in this:

I'm buying a 4k monitor for work, I currently use a previous model of this screen with my PS4 (The only issue is needing to output audio via the joypad).

Will I be able to get the PS4K's resolution benefits with this monitor?

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/ea275uhd-bk

It's a 4K UHD screen with resolution 3840x2160.

Resolution yes but it doesn't support HDR. :(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reposting this here since the other thread is dead.. I hope to get some insight in this:

I'm buying a 4k monitor for work, I currently use a previous model of this screen with my PS4 (The only issue is needing to output audio via the joypad).

Will I be able to get the PS4K's resolution benefits with this monitor?

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/ea275uhd-bk

It's a 4K UHD screen with resolution 3840x2160.

It's a 4K screen and you're only asking about resolution, so I don't see how this wouldn't offer you the resolution benefits you're looking for. Any particular reason you're worried it won't?

It's a 4K screen and you're only asking about resolution, so I don't see how this wouldn't offer you the resolution benefits you're looking for. Any particular reason you're worried it won't?

Because I couldn't find any discussion regarding PS4K on monitors, I wouldn't be surprised if PS4K somehow wouldn't output to it for whatever reason. But I guess I'll report back when I have made it work! Thanks

Top Bottom