• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

timthumb2.png
Hate to quibble but can I get a version with just the #PS4NoDRM banner? Don't want to block out the B strong of my new avatar logo.

Thanks again!

Akihidas

Glad to see Kotaku have really been supporting this, that last article made me a very happy bunny (Or maybe that's just the semi-reconfirmation that DRM won't be forced on PS4)

Gold Member
Well, no DRM from Sony anyway. But other publishers are free to implement it on the PS4 platform if this update is to be believed. Sadly this is what a lot of us suspected would be the case.
It's not ideal but it's kind of what I'd expected before all this started and I'd be ok with that. I'll just avoid those pubs games, and if (big if) they all started doing it I'd just sell the console on.

Baleoce

there is a huge difference... just like with PS3, publishers have options but 99% did not implement restrictive ones.

Microsoft is building completely managed system for games on XO, and it is Microsoft that will mandate this solution.... so there is no work on publisher side, and they dont have to actually implement anything.

On PS3, each individual publisher would have to invent and implement such solution and it would be almost impossible to do in the same way simply because they cant control in the same way that Microsoft or Sony can/could.

I agree, it's a lot better than the alternative, and now we as consumers have a choice in what we want to support. (again, assuming the update is correct).

Kane1345

Ok so here's the deal for me.... I'm working a bunch this weekend to try to get atleast the middle of next week free. I can access the internet from work, mostly on my phone. But only when things are calm (I work with autistic adults... so when they go to sleep it's totally fine for me to go online and just keep an ear out for them, assuming im done with all my paperwork, etc). Anyway, that's tmi... the main point is i'm kinda busy this weekend but not entirely.

So I guess I will open the floodgates now and will probably take all weekend to sift through it and decide who is doing what. So I wouldn't expect a response until Sunday at the earliest. Maybe monday during the day.

What we need is people willing to contact websites and let them know they we are planning on a second push on Wednesday at a time we will figure out today or tomorrow. You will need to go to the website to find the contact email/page.... but from there it's easy. Basically you will send an email like (let's pretend it's kotaku).

Hi Kotaku!

This is (your name) from the #PS4NoDRM campaign and we are ramping up for a second and final push on Wednesday, June 5th starting at __ GMT (and then maybe list the time for them if you know the country of the site's origin).

The movement so far has over 175+ media mentions in 20 different languages which has been incredibly helpful to us. We are grateful for the articles you did specifically and were hoping you could help us shine a light on this one final time.

If you have any further questions check out (OP Link) and (site link) or email me at (your email). And if you decide not to cover it again we still are really appreciative of the support you've given us so far.

Thanks,

Yourname

And then if they have questions for you that you know the answer to, answer them. If you don't refer them to me or baller (and maybe others, still hashing that out). I will give you our email addresses when letting you know which sites you will be responsible for.

If a ton of people decide to volunteer it will be really quick for everyone. Each site will take like 5 minutes tops... so if we can get it down to like 5 or less sites per person we're asking for less than a half hour of your time. We will start with the sites that have already covered it and if we have the manpower we will then move onto sites that haven't.

If you're lurking and would like to help, message me on twitter. If you're on the forum, PM me.

As each new page is created in this thread if i'm not around.... if someone could quote this just to get it on the current page I would be most appreciative.

RELIGHT

Banned
Is that so?

@strausszelnick
@Take2_Games

You know what to do.

What a tool...

Strauss Zelnick Protected account
@strausszelnick
New York · zelnickmedia.com
TWEETS
FOLLOWING
FOLLOWERS
Follow
Tweets
@strausszelnick's tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @strausszelnick's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

Gold Member
Honestly? I'm surprised more industry people don't do this, considering how much trouble you can get on Twitter.
Hehe, I thought the same the other day when I was looking for addresses, some of them did have private accounts but quite a few didn't. I was actually quite shocked they weren't all locked down tight.

spwolf

I'm confused. Wasn't this reported after the PS4 reveal back in February? If so then based on the OP's info Sony's position was wavering recently and they may have a different response now.

yes, but certain people are trying to ask same questions every day and pretend as if Sony already did not answer them.

so I wonder, If Sony decides to not implement a DRM system how are publishers going to pusnidh them? Exclusive content on the XB1? beucase if I were MS I wouldn't give publishers a cookie for free.

RELIGHT

Banned
so I wonder, If Sony decides to not implement a DRM system how are publishers going to pusnidh them? Exclusive content on the XB1? beucase if I were MS I wouldn't give publishers a cookie for free.

Not sure but this entire issue will become the great turning point of our gaming lives, either for good or for bad. Microsoft certainly hasn't helped things in this regard but I hope they pleasantly surprise us at E3.

Ploid 3.0

If they did do the exclusive content I wouldn't bat a eye. Then it would be, "Do I want Bunny Bop with a optional bunny but not be able to loan it to my sister, or do I want the ability to loan but only 1 bunny."

not kissing ass here but can I just say that I was wrong about the scope of this thing and how much impact it could have. Props to you guys who stuck with it.

So we are still in desperate need of volunteers to email the media. It's really easy stuff. It will just take 10s of hours to do by myself. Right now there's like 5 people willing to help.

PM if you're interested. I will get back to you sunday or early monday with what sites to hit, a link to them and a general idea of what to write (which you can ignore if you have your own ideas).

ultrazilla

Did my part.

Tweeted both Spencer at MS and Yoshida at Sony.

@XboxP3 Won't be buying Xbox One because of #XboxOneUSEDGAMES #XboxOneNoDRM

@yosp Mr. Yoshida I will buy a PS4! #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES

Oh and I'd love if I could get my avatar the xbox and sony no drm banners included, thanks!

So we are still in desperate need of volunteers to email the media. It's really easy stuff. It will just take 10s of hours to do by myself. Right now there's like 5 people willing to help.

PM if you're interested. I will get back to you sunday or early monday with what sites to hit, a link to them and a general idea of what to write (which you can ignore if you have your own ideas).
I'll be your huckleberry, count me in.

OnFire331

I can't really believe that after Sony light-heartedly joked around with the "DRM" game for Vita, they're still thinking of implementing DRM to the PS4. I'm optimistic. Still this final push certainly won't hurt.

acm2000

Only way this plan will work is if you lot invest billions in Sony shares, those are the only people who they will listen to, start a kickstarter to raise money to buy some or something

I can't really believe that after Sony light-heartedly joked around with the "DRM" game for Vita, they're still thinking of implementing DRM to the PS4. I'm optimistic. Still this final push certainly won't hurt.

THAT is the biggest sign to me as well. Moreso than Yoshida repeating what he said in february that the system doesn't require online registration (or online anything for that matter).

It would be insanely bad form to joke about that and then deliver bad news about 10 days later.

Amatsu

Neo Member
If someone would add both banners to my avatar I would appreciate it a great deal... I didn't like the crappy job I did of my own.

wilflare

we should have a list of some really nice tweets.
I remember reading one to yosp (on GAF) but can't recall it anymore...

something along the lines of... joy of sharing games or something like that. lol

MasLegio

Banned

If this has been noticed already it needs to be reiterated anyway.
MS have already given the answer already in their statement to CNN, at least part of their future answer.
You will not be able to lend or sell your game to other users, you will have to sell it through selected retailers. This means that the games will have to be activated or deactivated at selected retailers which means that the games need to phone home to control they are legit versions. This means that ALL XBOX ONE GAMES WILL BECOME USELESS FOREVER once servers go down.

The company's latest statement still leaves questions.
"We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One, but we have confirmed that we designed it to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," the company said, with no elaboration, in a statement to CNN. "Beyond that we haven't confirmed any specific scenarios."

we designed it to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail

at retail

MogCakes

Only way this plan will work is if you lot invest billions in Sony shares, those are the only people who they will listen to, start a kickstarter to raise money to buy some or something

Believe what you want, but that's not going to stop us from trying. Nothing is stopping this train.

Oh and I'd love if I could get my avatar the xbox and sony no drm banners included, thanks!

ultrazilla2.jpg

Can someone please nodrm my avatar for both PS4 and Xbone?

Untitled_12.jpg

Someone hook a brotha up with the XboxOneNoDRM.

rinktiny322.jpg

If someone would add both banners to my avatar I would appreciate it a great deal... I didn't like the crappy job I did of my own.

hiroshi2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom