• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and its WRPG problem.

Neolombax

Did you not get the memo, Microsoft now owns Bethesda...

If this was the other way around and Sony bought them, would you still think that they would appear on Xbox?
If they wanted to max out profits, yes. Unless clinging on to these titles clearly nets them more sales on software and hardware.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I wonder... How did the JRPGs fare this generation compared to the WRPGs.
Better than I would have expected, really. Final Fantasy XV sold like 9 or 10 million. Persona 5, Dark Souls III, and Bloodborne did pretty well. JRPGs haven't been as big as western RPGs in a couple gens, but they're still relevant.

Tomeru

Its pretty telling about how much disconnected gaf (and probably the other place) is from gaming, when you got threads about how much trouble the market leader is in - before nex gen even started. It seems all it takes to dethrone a leader is some gaming subscription and the aquisition of a publisher.

Im calling it now - the upcoming generation is the Era of the Corvus.

Njocky

Banned
i am fully on board with this, SONY needs a proper and heavy ass shooter game specially a first person type. im honestly really tired of seeing every games that SONY is putting out is always an over the shoulder story driven game. SONY needs to diversify their catalogue of games. PlayStation really lacks a strong first person shooter, and even though im not a car racing fan, but they also needs a strong open world racing game like forza horizon, something as successful and strong.

What a difference a day makes. The narrative for decades has always been that Xbox only had the same 3 games and needed to diversify (it was never true but that's beside the point).
All of a sudden we are now seeing threads about Sony's "game problem".
You measure the impact of a move based on how much it changes the narrative.

Top Bottom