• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and PS3 Fat

Codes 208

I personally prefer my Xbox one/ps5 combo.
Most of the games I’ve wanted on ps3 that were exclusive have been made available on the PS4/ps5 while the third party games from gen 7 I can just play on my Xbox.

kretos

Banned
tenor.gif

sublimit

Banned
Yep i have a separate dedicated setup for my two PS3s (and a Wii hooked with component cables) on a 29" Panasonic Viera which is perfect for those systems and i will be keeping this setup forever.
It will be the perfect combo once i replace my PS4s with a PS5.

Yes, but I’m using a PS3 slim instead. I’m passing on PS2 support for my setup for a quieter and more reliable PS3. There really aren’t many PS2 games I’m interested in anyways. Most that I am have been remade and I have them in their newer form.

I HATE turning on my PS3 fat. It might have back compat but eww yuck.
The worst thing about the PS3 FAT is that controller with the horrible Mini B charging connector. MINI B.
That awful controller has to be used when playing old PS2 games.
Oh you can use a PS4 controller WIRED But I'm not doing that.
I fully expect it to Yellow light any time I plug it in. Ugg.
I just use my PS2 slim with the built in power supply for anything PS1 and 2. I even have wireless 3rd party controllers that work with the PS2 slim.
My Receiver will upscale component to HDMI for me.
I do not have fond memories of the POS... I mean the PS3.

Tschumi

I'm currently rocking a ps3 slim and a pc.. great combo.. funny thing is I've just recently (last week or so) been playing GameCube games via dolphin.. it's so good that it's actually preventing me from getting a switch..

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst thing about the PS3 FAT is that controller with the horrible Mini B charging connector. MINI B.
I just use my PS2 slim with the built in power supply for anything PS1 and 2. I even have wireless 3rd party controllers that work with the PS2 slim.
-Arcadia- -Arcadia- , tell your retarded cousin to put some respekt on PS3 Fat's name :messenger_angry:

Shakka43

DS4 works wireless too.
PS2 games on modern 4k TVs look awful anyway I just emulate them on my PC these days.

Komatsu

I feel like these are great together the PS5 fat for PS4 and PS5 games and PS3 fat for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. Anybody else enjoying this combo.

Yep, playing Nier and FFX on my PS3 and Demon's on my 5.

I'm still salty over Sony removing first hardware-based, then software-based BC with PS2 games in later revisions of the console.

Reactions: Isa

OutRun88

Seems like the way to go.

I’m in the market for a PS3 so I can play the Motorstorm series. Hopefully I can find something reasonably priced in good condition!

Reactions: Isa

Self

I still have my PS3 hooked up and very fond memories of it, but boy, the PS1 and PS2 games look like shit on my TV - especially the PS1 are unplayable in this form.

Top Bottom