• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and Switch sales spike in February | UK Monthly Boxed Charts, record breaking year so far.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Over 200,000 games consoles were sold in the UK during February.

The latest data from GfK shows it was a bumper month for the console market, driven by an influx of new PS5 stock and a boost in Switch sales driven by the launch of the new Mario game: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

It's been a bumper year already for console sales, with 373,426 devices sold so far this year (unweighted figures). Based on GfK's retail panel, console game sales are up 184.4% in units so far this year, and up a massive 310.4% in revenue. Of course, this is partially driven by the launch of the new Xbox and Playstation consoles, but Nintendo Switch is also enjoying a stronger start to the year. Nintendo Switch console sales are up 81% year-to-date.

How can Sony, Nintendo and Valve compete me if old!?

laugh laughing GIF

GHG

Gold Member
We still live in the 90s? It’s all about that $1/free gamepass. Get with the times boyz.

Don't forget in a post covid world we're all supposed to be broke. So instead of spending what little money you might have in such a scenario on essentials and spending time trying to be un-broke, you should be spending it on Xbox All Access™ which comes with the Xbox console of your choice and free gamepass.

It's a great shame that's not how it's panning out.

ethomaz

Banned
Nice. My question is where’s Microsoft’s numbers? Are they not showing them again? I thought I heard the XSX sold pretty admirably in the UK so far.
This is GFK and it is not related with what MS choose to show or not.

Launch Series numbers were very similar to Xbox One and probably post sales are lower if not GFK had said something else... low stock is a reason? Nobody knows but if that is the case the increase in number of launch countries play a big role.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Don't forget in a post covid world we're all supposed to be broke. So instead of spending what little money you might have in such a scenario on essentials and spending time trying to be un-broke, you should be spending it on Xbox All Access™ which comes with the Xbox console of your choice and free gamepass.

It's a great shame that's not how it's panning out.
That's a lof of many for all of that free shit.

Astorian

Could have kept this open since it was the first but w/e I guess.

TBiddy

Could have kept this open since it was the first but w/e I guess.

Your thread actually seems to be centered around the interesting parts. The OP here has one purpose - look how the thread went down the shitter immediately. So yeah, I agree. Odd decision to close yours and keep this one open.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Swore there were 3 companies competing in the console space???

Maybe MS info wasnt worth talking about for this article? It seems mostly about Sony and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Elios83

As Sony ramps up production and things get better with each passing month plus important titles are released I expect threads like this to become common this year.
Unfortunately that will mean that some people here are going to have serious blood pressure issues but that's life :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Bryank75

Banned
This is GFK and it is not related with what MS choose to show or not.

Launch Series numbers were very similar to Xbox One and probably post sales are lower if not GFK had said something else... low stock is a reason? Nobody knows but if that is the case the increase in number of launch countries play a big role.
Not a reason, the series S is available nearly everywhere...series X takes a week or two to sell out now.
Not looking good for Xbox this gen.... Zenimax deal or no Zenimax deal.

Bryank75

Banned
You haven’t heard? Outriders is on gamepass day one. It’s game over for Sony. They should just start liquidating assets.
But I hear from Xbox fans that Sony is so poor, they don't have assets....

All their buildings are actually cardboard cutouts. Conditions at Naughty Dog are really bad too, they get horsewhipped daily and they use old pentium 1 computers that were being thrown out of old offices 20 years ago to develop our games....

Astorian

Not a reason, the series S is available nearly everywhere...series X takes a week or two to sell out now.
Not looking good for Xbox this gen.... Zenimax deal or no Zenimax deal.
Where does the Series X take that long to sell? Regardless I'd still say it's too early in the gen to take much from current numbers.

Top Bottom