• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and XBox Series should have waited to lauch

I would love to buy a ps5 that doesn't buzz like crazy. I've had to return two but I'm waiting to get the all clear from gamers before trying a third time.

Delayed launch = torches and pitchforks from people who were getting really tired of waiting for something better than the Jaguar CPU in the last run of consoles. Maybe you have more inventory at lauch so the scalpers can have even bigger hoards.

Launch when they did = Not a whole lot of new stuff to play. Supply issues.

It's not like delaying launch would have made the hardware better, that's been set in stone for over a year. It's also not like everyone has played every game ever made. With both consoles able to play last gen games 100% and in the case of the Xbox being able to go back a few gens there are bound to be some good games people haven't tried. 3rd party games are releasing and there have already been a decent number of good games from them.

People have it too good now. This isn't like the N64 which coasted for the first few months on the back of literally just Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. Granted Mario 64 was one of the greatest launch titles ever released, but it and Pilotwings were basically the entire library at launch. Backwards compatibility was still not a thing in home consoles so hopefully you still had your SNES.

Kokoloko85

No Ive been happy with PS5, Perfect timing.

Games like Demon Souls, Spider man MM, Astroboy, Call of Duty, + BC games I never played like Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman and DMC V, Star Wars Fallen Order have kept me busy. Its quiet, its fast. Im loving it.

Bring on Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 7, Resident Evil 8, Final Fantasy 16, Horizon etc

MrA

Banned
that's really pointless corporate-speak, ps4 preorders started in June, 12 weeks earlier than the ps5 (June 11), and sold out immediately, so yeah
also UK ps5 is behind ps4
ps5 npd november 2020 is the same as ps4 npd november 2013
(a bit above 1 million each)
and ps5 was outsold by ps4 this December and is life to date more or less the same as the ps4 (aka the first 2 months for each)
Japan is a train wreck in terms of sales for ps5, but that is again all supply
there isn't unprecedented demand, the ps5 is an absolute success but no more so than the ps4 was
the issue isn't demand, it is supply and the price non-sense is definitely being exacerbated by the number of scalpers (please keep in mind I doubt scalpers are hoarding mountains of ps5s, they are basically 1 to 1 to actually consumers, just an artificial middle man gets a cut)

Surely if they would have had another million or so units available at launch it would have made a difference. Even a lower going price for scalped consoles would make significant difference due to a decreased incentive for the scalpers.
Sony and MS either pay interest or lose interest having too much money invested in units in storage. Storing units cost money.

DinoD

Nah. I'm having a blast with new controller, Demon Souls and catching up on my PS4 backlog in glorious 60fps.

Moogle11

Banned
Nah. I’m enjoying my PS5 and XSX even if I’m mostly playing last gen and indie games on them currently. XSX getting more use with Gamepass as I have a lot to catch up on their having mostly games on PS4 and Switch last gen.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to wait for more games to buy. They should be glad they launched already as that’s more tone for early adopters to get theirs and the scalper marker to dry up before they’re ready to buy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well if you feel that way you can alway not buy it at launch and wait until it has games you are interested.

Mokus

Nooo! So far I finished 6 games on my next gen console. I'm really happy with the library so far. No reason whatsoever for waiting just because you think you can't enjoy it.

It doesn't matter now, 'couse it's done. Everything is fucked up for almost everyone nowadays. Are you going to make them wait for what? For when we'll be slightly less fucked up?

I wouldn't wait neither.

Top Bottom